PDA

View Full Version : Razorgor Kit Customizability?

Ultimate Life Form
10-02-2010, 16:36
Okay, does anybody have the guts to come out and admit he bought the Pumbaa? Cuz I've been wondering...

It says 13 parts, and that strikes me as a LOT, even for a model of that size. My old Stegadon had 9 parts or so (Howdah and Skinks not included), so I'm wondering what these extra parts are for. I took a sneak peek at the box hoping that the parts would be revealed on the backside, but they seem to have done away with that custom. So my question is:

Are there actually a few different options included (like the Greater Daemon heads) or are the many parts just a few extra spines thrown in and players are supposed to create units of completely identical Razorgors?

(Or are we getting those options from WD? :p)

tw1386
10-02-2010, 17:16
Yeah, I bought one! Crucify me now...

It rally doesn't look too bad, again the paintjob. There are no extra bits, you use all thirteen of the buggers if you want it to look like it does on the box.

There is a little room for customization in the fact that you don't have to add the back spikes or the spikey tusks. Other than that, not too much room.

Except for maybe making a mountain of slag with all the crap that came with it.

Witchblade
10-02-2010, 19:20
if you want it to look like it does on the box.
No thanks... :p

Stegadeth
10-02-2010, 19:23
I have a quick question for an actual owner of the Pumbagor:
Is there a way to fix that 'roid rage eye short of greenstuff? Could one clip it out, clip and file it down and then simply re-glue it into the socket?

Ultimate Life Form
10-02-2010, 19:28
Well I suppose you can always file it down, though IF I were to ever buy one, I'd probably greenstuff a second one. WD ftw! :p

However I'm sad now, the model is even worse than I gave credit for, which is hard to believe. You're supposed to make a unit from it, and zero options? What madness has befallen GW? :(

This does not bode well for future releases, especially since the new Rhinox is rumored to bear a certain resemblance to this one... I dare not imagine what that is supposed to mean... :eek:

tw1386
10-02-2010, 19:39
The problem is that it's exactly like the vargulf. You get what you see on a 50mm base. Sucks, I know. If it was plastic... But apparently it's not too hard to convert, just look at the WD ones, add some spawn parts and voila.

The Crazy eye seems to be pretty stuck in there. If you have the right tools, you could possibly surigicaly remove it in an operation but by far the easiest route is to just shave it down, and redo it if you don't like it! I love it for hte comic relief it adds to the game, especially when you slam it into something and and say that unit got beat by a retarded pig.