PDA

View Full Version : The 'Next Chapter'?

Ba'al Starslayer
10-02-2010, 21:27
Ok so I thought I'd post this here instead of the BA Rumour roundup, because that thread got me thinking when some of the guys were throwing old news around.
I cant remember the source (Harry and/or e-mail) but I remember two mentions of future chapters for Space Marines. One to be "Winging their way in" is confirmed as the Blood Angels, but the "Fleet Based Chapter" instantly says to me "Black Templars", which I guess would make sense as the next Imperial Codex after a Xenos one. But then again apparently in the new fluff (Or Old, Can't say I'm very up to date with them), Flesh Tearers are a fleet-based chapter.
Also this may mean the USR 'Fleet', which the Flesh Tearer Chapter Master conveys to his army.

So could someone clear this up? Or even just give food for thought? Is this new "Fleet-Based Chapter" actually the Flesh Tearers, or is it referring to a later release?
I do apologise in advance if this is in the wrong forum, I just picked the one I thought this thread would be best suited in.

Crube
10-02-2010, 22:03
Thread moved to 40K General

Crube
The Warseer Inquisition

Revlid
10-02-2010, 22:06
Flesh Tearers are believed to be an option in the Blood Angels codex via a special character - in any case, they're certainly not going to be the next marine Codex. Black Templars are far more likely.

Insert obligatory grumbling regarding DEldar, Crons and Inq. Further muttered asides regarding Legions optional.

dala_karn
10-02-2010, 22:15
there are quite a few fleet based chapters with Black templars being the most popular, it will most likely be black templars. can't see flesh tearers getting a codex out of the blue.

EDIT: and like revlid pointed out, non-loyal marines players would got ape s*** if another one came out with dark eldar, necron and inquisitor books still to do.

IcedAnimals
10-02-2010, 22:22
next marine codex is grey knights. rawr

starlight
10-02-2010, 22:29
"Black Templars",

Maybe. They are the last *big* Chapter lacking a new Codex (aside the pants Dark Angel one:p).

Flesh Tearers

No. I'll bet money they will be included in the Blood Angels Codex. I'll also bet money that they won't ever get a Codex of their own. GW has a half-dozen *big* Chapters that will be the ones with their own books, and the Flesh Tearers aren't one of them.

Personally I'm thinking that getting the Templars out of the way would be a good thing... :) Let GW focus on the Xenos and Inquisitor books without distraction for a while... :)

CrownAxe
10-02-2010, 22:29
My money is on Blood Ravens

kris.sherriff
10-02-2010, 22:32
there are quite a few fleet based chapters with Black templars being the most popular.

*Cough* Dark Angels

Fathoym
10-02-2010, 22:33

I find this unlikely. The Blood Ravens are pretty much just a codex chapter.

starlight
10-02-2010, 22:37

Less likely than Flesh Tearers...

I find this unlikely. The Blood Ravens are pretty much just a codex chapter.

Indeed. Any Chapter that follows the Codex Astartes already has their book. :p

Arbiter7
10-02-2010, 22:43
I'd say Black Templars 90% with a 10% Raven Guard.

Anything else is pretty much out.

Ba'al Starslayer
10-02-2010, 22:43
Flesh Tearers are believed to be an option in the Blood Angels codex via a special character - in any case, they're certainly not going to be the next marine Codex. Black Templars are far more likely.

Insert obligatory grumbling regarding DEldar, Crons and Inq. Further muttered asides regarding Legions optional.

Chances are DEldar will be the 'Xenos Release' between BA and BT...

Maybe. They are the last *big* Chapter lacking a new Codex (aside the pants Dark Angel one:p).

No. I'll bet money they will be included in the Blood Angels Codex. I'll also bet money that they won't ever get a Codex of their own. GW has a half-dozen *big* Chapters that will be the ones with their own books, and the Flesh Tearers aren't one of them.

Personally I'm thinking that getting the Templars out of the way would be a good thing... :) Let GW focus on the Xenos and Inquisitor books without distraction for a while... :)

When I mentioned Flesh Tearers I meant was the "Fleet-based Chapter" reference actually just commenting on their inclusion in the BA Codex, or will this fleet based chapter be another release, ie Black Templars.
And yeah I would love to see Templars and DA get their respective codecii, since then all the chapters will have their up-to-date rules and will allow GW to focus on more pressing matters =)

SlightlyEstranged
10-02-2010, 22:51
Like writing a new rule book to start the marines over again!
/end rant

Most likely BT from what I am hearing on dakka with DA towards the end of the cyle again.

Ba'al Starslayer
10-02-2010, 22:55
What're Dakka saying? They can't SURELY be getting rumours on their release before BA have even been released?

Bunnahabhain
10-02-2010, 23:03
90% certain it'll be Templars.

Insert rant about Great big bumper codex of all, (yes really all, your chapter isn't so special they get their own book) Loyalist marines

I admit the title needs some work.

primarch16
10-02-2010, 23:09
Probably Black Templars, after Dark Eldar. to be honest I'd be very surprised if anyone besides:

Black Templars
Space Wolves
Dark Angels
Blood Angels

Get their own codex. But I would like to see the other legions get a codex, but it would be such a living nightmare to update...

Ba'al Starslayer
10-02-2010, 23:14
Yeah, I already think that GW have sort of loaded on the pressure with so many codicii 'relying' on another.
Picture this, 6th Ed. Codex: SM gets re-released. International uproar. =/

CamNZ
10-02-2010, 23:36
as I posted in the '2010 models' thread

I'm thinking black templars for this ( fleet based marines) as Matt Hutson, has been adding Black templars and Blood angels to his armies, according to December WD pg 45.

I'd imagine he'd know what's coming, but it could just be coincidence.

Tourniquet
10-02-2010, 23:58
Great big bumper codex of all, (yes really all, your chapter isn't so special they get their own book) Loyalist marines

Space Wolves.
Templars.

The rest could get squished into one. but lets face it. it wont happen.

I think BT are the Fleet chapter refereed to.
But if they are released after BA, most sad indeed

Artein
11-02-2010, 01:17
next marine codex is grey knights. rawr

^ this.

p.s. I'm Commander Shepard and Tali is my favourite girl in the galaxy.

Nighthawke
11-02-2010, 02:13
im not fussed as long as it isnt black templars xD, dark angels woutl be good, but i can deal with grey knights, just hope its part of deamon hunters codex

ps. tali maybe the best girl but garrus is just the best ever :P

IcedAnimals
11-02-2010, 02:14
You agree with me, you play sisters(or so i assume since i have that same avatar :P) and you have a love of tali. I think you and I are going to be great friends.

starlight
11-02-2010, 03:11
That's right guys...turn the Thread into Spam... :(

Thread Closed.

starlight