PDA

View Full Version : Difference between forgeworld Chimeras and normal ones?

Ozeor
10-02-2010, 23:01
I'm looking at getting 2 hydra's next week, Was wondering if there was a difference between the 2 types of chimera's? Also would they be using the new Chimera body? Wondering if I should buy the conversion kit, but the cost for the body of a chimera is $20 bucks if I buy the chimera myself.

MajorWesJanson
10-02-2010, 23:57
Last I checked, FW still used the old hulls for the Russes and Chimeras and weren't planning on switching over anytime soon. That may change, though, as GW has basically ended production of the old Chimera sprues and replaced them with the new ones. Hence the new Chimera and Basilisk.

Ozeor
11-02-2010, 00:52
is it just a normal chimera i can get at a GW or is it a cool forgeworld chimera?

Bloodknight
11-02-2010, 01:11
It's just a normal Chimera. I'd usually advise to buy the complete kit, it's cheaper that way and what are you going to do with a Multilaser turret and a couple of lasguns anyway?

It would be nice if someone could tell me if the FW kits fit the new Chimera because I have the Manticore and Hydra conversion set still in ziplocs (a gift) and didn't order fast enough to get two of the old Chimeras.

Chem-Dog
11-02-2010, 02:11
Only heard about the Russes Bloodknight, they require some refitting, not heard about Chimeras yet.