PDA

View Full Version : Chimera turret question

broxus
10-02-2010, 23:33
I am going to Adepticon and play frequently in tournments. I have a quick question in regards to my Chimera's. I really hate the current model's turret and multi-laser. I have decided to replace all of them with the Auto cannon turret from Forge World. Now since this isnt even a option in the current codex do you think there would be any issues with that and just tell my opponents that they are multi-lasers? I mean basically both are just long barrel's but the FW turret looks more meanacing. Could this still be considered a WYSIWYG since its a FW turret and could be considered a conversion or do you foresee any problems?

broxus
10-02-2010, 23:36
Also, I forgot to mention I already have the FW track guards, armored skirts, and rear imperial eagle hatch so this would be one of my final conversions on the models.

noobzilla
10-02-2010, 23:39
I am going to Adepticon and play frequently in tournments.

Check with the Tournament organizers.

MajorWesJanson
10-02-2010, 23:48
as long as it is consistent, it should be fine. While it is an autocannon turret, that option is not in the codex, so calling a multilaster turret should work just fine.

Zoring
11-02-2010, 01:17
"See these, *point* these are actually multilasers"

"Cool"

Thats the entire dialogue that will need to take place to play a game with any person on the planet.

Chem-Dog
11-02-2010, 02:08
Unless they are deaf....:p

But yeah, what Zoring said.

My command Chimera has twin assault cannons (to differentiate between them and replace a snapped barrel) nobody's ever had a problem with them counting as exactly what they'd normally have.

Might affect your overall score in a tourney if they mark for wysiwyg, I have a buddy who lost points because models had grenades even though they didn't have grenades :rolleyes:

TheWarSmith
11-02-2010, 02:19
I agree that the multilasers look really dumb. All of them really. I think they also look too similar to lascannons. I wouldn't mind at all if you did this, as long as it was clear.

sigur
11-02-2010, 02:37
.) There is an "edit" button for a reason. (the second post doesn't change anything about the question at hand)

.) ....which is pretty redundant anyway. noobzilla is absolutely correct; contact the tournament organizers and talk to them. Situation solved.

Eldoriath
11-02-2010, 02:38
Go ahead, as long as you say "Look at this, these are multi-lasers rulewise, capich?" you should be fine except with thankfully rare retards.

sigur
11-02-2010, 02:43
Go ahead, as long as you say "Look at this, these are multi-lasers rulewise, capich?" you should be fine except with thankfully rare retards.

Apart from the fact that some people will have a hard time taking people who use "capich" (weird spelling) as a prefix for their questionmarks seriously; you do know that we're talking about a tournament here and not some pick-up games, right?

broxus
11-02-2010, 07:44
Well since you can only have three choices on the turret and it will obviously not be a Heavy bolter/heavy flamer that really only leaves one option. I am curious if anyone has an issue with this at any tournments you have been to.

primarch16
11-02-2010, 13:44
Apart from the fact that some people will have a hard time taking people who use "capich" (weird spelling) as a prefix for their questionmarks seriously; you do know that we're talking about a tournament here and not some pick-up games, right?

I love using capiche and comprende :( :P

SPYDER68
11-02-2010, 16:15
I am going to Adepticon and play frequently in tournments. I have a quick question in regards to my Chimera's. I really hate the current model's turret and multi-laser. I have decided to replace all of them with the Auto cannon turret from Forge World. Now since this isnt even a option in the current codex do you think there would be any issues with that and just tell my opponents that they are multi-lasers? I mean basically both are just long barrel's but the FW turret looks more meanacing. Could this still be considered a WYSIWYG since its a FW turret and could be considered a conversion or do you foresee any problems?

Your going to adepticon.

They have where you can email the judges and they will tell you before hand if it is usable or not.

This is the only way to go, if you do not contact them before you go they could easily say no, that isnt wysiwyg and your out of luck.

Cpt_Baughan
11-02-2010, 17:12
Yeah certainly check with the organiser just to make sure.

Whilst I agree that a tournament needs to be relatively strict for it to work properly any attempt to stop such a simply principle as the forge world auto-cannon counting as a multi laser is completely against what I would call the spirit of the game and the type of people who would object to that type of simple principle are exactly the type of people who make tournaments a poorer place.

broxus
11-02-2010, 19:42
I really wish FW would just make some cool Chimera turrets with multi-lasers.

Col_Festus
11-02-2010, 19:49
Totally agree with you on the multilaser looking crappy. Thats why I converted my own. Little plastirod and the lascannons from the heavy weapon teams.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/Festablo/Chimera3.jpg

viking657
11-02-2010, 20:23
I can't see anyone having an issue with it but just in case theres a very simple solution, if your buying FW turrets just pack the old ones (that take up hardly any extra room) in your figure case as well and if anyone at the tournement takes real issue just replace them!
I always pack spare dreadnought arms for my emperors children sonic dreadnought just in case anyone takes exception to me fielding it with its blastmaster arm as counts as.

Mudkip
11-02-2010, 20:29
It depends whether you have any other autocannons in your army. I accept proxying and counts-as so long as it's consistent. Are your infantry squads going to have autocannons that are autocannons and your Chimeras autocannons that are multilasers? That's where it gets a bit fishy for me. Perhaps you could convert the end of the autocannons barrels to look like multilasers (add the thing on the end of a lascannon barrel to it maybe like Col_Festus).

SPYDER68
11-02-2010, 22:03
http://www.adepticon.org/10rules/2010modelpolicy.pdf

OP needs this.. as he is asking about adepticon.

to note a few things from it.

*Models not appropriately represented will be removed from the game

An autocannon is not a conversion, it is a completly different weapon, while its ok for most places.. you had better ask before hand, would suck if you went there, and judge asked you to remove all your chimeras from the game due to not properly wysiwyg.

Heck they may not care one bit and let you, but they might not.. email them, send them pics, get official tourney Ruling.

ObiWan
11-02-2010, 22:12
Since it is for a tourney, as has been said before, you are better off checking with the official ruling comitee, it's not a friendly pick up game so you don't really can just walk away and find another player if there is a problem with your config.

MrP
12-02-2010, 01:05
I love using capiche and comprende :( :P

Isn't it capisce?

Havock
12-02-2010, 01:31
Heck they may not care one bit and let you, but they might not.. email them, send them pics, get official tourney Ruling.

Don't even need to send them pics. Just ask them if you can use the FW autocannon turrets. Either 'counts as' -multilasers, with all AC turrets being multilasers so there's no misundertanding OR allowing you to play with the updated Imperial armor rules which you can download form the FW site. I believe autocannon turrets are +5 pts, so it would not be a very (actually: a very decent) investment.

Zoring
12-02-2010, 03:36
I cannot believe that anyone would seriously have a problem with this? When someone places their miniatures on the table you can remember they are all multilasers exceptionally easily.

There isn't even an option for autocannons in the stock IG codex.