PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Armor Company

MystheDevourer
11-02-2010, 04:02
Where can I find the rules for Imperial Guard Armor Companies??? I have been searching but have yet to find anything Conclusive. I have heard they are in a White Dwarf Issue, does any one know what Issue it was???

Pardon the spelling errors.

sigur
11-02-2010, 04:06
Used to be in WD issue [long ago] and Chapter Approved 2001. Both are hard to get and you won't be able to do anything with them anyway since the rules for all the vehicles changed.

If you want to play an Armoured Company, get Imperial Armour Volume I. It has an army list or an Armoured Battlegroup or what it's called in there. Also have a look at FW's website for the FAQ that updates all the rules for this list to fit with the current codex.

P.S.: One question mark is enough per sentence.

MystheDevourer
11-02-2010, 04:10
Do you know what WD it was in?

sigur
11-02-2010, 04:15
Not from the top of my head, let's try google.

Result after 1 minute of google-ing: UK WD 296 - US WD
295 most likely

But this isn't of any real value; have you read my posting? The list is useless to you; it's outdated and I'm pretty sure that not many people would play it. It wasn't that popular back then and with the new codex out, it's just plain weird. It also doesn't give you more tanks than using the standard IG list.

MystheDevourer
11-02-2010, 04:17
Hmm that works thank you.

Raxmei
11-02-2010, 04:21
The most recent GW attempt at the armored company is now badly out of date. It has not kept pace with the Imperial Guard army and is incapable of winning objectives missions without Inquisition allies.

The Forgeworld armored battlegroup in Imperial Armor I has recently been updated in accordance with the new IG codex. The updated rules can be found here. (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/IA1update28AUG.pdf)

There's also an army list for Krieg armored battlegroups in IA 7.

MystheDevourer
11-02-2010, 04:27
Correct me if I am wrong but the FW armor company is tournament legal correct? Or am I hearing wrong?

Mannimarco
11-02-2010, 04:29
I believe its in vraks.........3? maybe?

I dunno my books are out on loan at the moment but when I get them back in Ill check

its not really worth going for an armoured battlegroup, you can get more tanks through the regular guard codex

and I just got ninjad so Ill answer mysthedevourer post there: that would be somthing to take up with the organiser, most tournies dont allow forgeworld rules, which is a shame really

sigur
11-02-2010, 04:30
Correct me if I am wrong but the FW armor company is tournament legal correct? Or am I hearing wrong?

As everything concerning "tournament legal or not?", ask the tournament organizers. The Armoured Battlegroup from IAvol.1 probably won't be allowed for most tournaments but the older Armoured Company list will be even less so. Just go with regular IG. Lord Commissar for HQ, two units of chimera-mounted Vets and spend the rest of your points on tanks if you feel that you must.

WinglessVT2
11-02-2010, 05:59
I've never heard of armored company being considered legal, but I've played against them many times.
It's really not as hard as people make it out to be.

bigcheese76
11-02-2010, 22:52
I have used armoured company lists in friendly games, but I dont really think they would be fair in a tournament, and as ever with most tournament questions, ask the organizers.

If your looking for armoured company rules, I have the old ones off the GW website, so PM me your email address and I can send them on an attatchment.

If your looking for a book with rules to use though, your best bet is Imperial Armour Volume One and the download for it on the FW website.

GirathonB
12-02-2010, 04:30
I believe its in vraks.........3? maybe?

I dunno my books are out on loan at the moment but when I get them back in Ill check

For the Krieg Armoured Company, then yes, that's correct.

Harbringerxv8
12-02-2010, 04:48
Honestly, you're probably better off just using the standard codex list. You can have plenty of armored vehicles in that list (admittedly they're in squadrons, but come on, 9 Leman Russes!), with a bare minimum of infantry (in three Chimeras, not a big points expenditure) which you'd want for holding objectives etc anyways.

FashaTheDog
12-02-2010, 04:55
Imperial Armor 7: Siege of Vraks 3, pages 125-136. The cost for Infantry Squads is omitted, but a call to Forgeworld and they will tell you to go with 80 points per Imperial Armor 5: Siege of Vraks 1.

As for the argument of why not just use the standard Guard codex, the Krieg Armored Battlegroup, as it is properly known, has Cyclops, Centaurs, Command and Commissar Tanks, and access to non-Apocalypse Gorgons, although they are far too expensive in any game under 2500 points, although they do explain how the foot sloggers get around. The list also allows for more Leman Russ overall, not only in number but also in individual units. This lets you squadron some of your Troops Leman Russ if you want or you can run them all separate. The list also changes the Heavy Support, allowing standard artillery and Hydras in addition to artillery strikes which require a specific spotter unit, Thunderers, Destroyer Tank Hunters, Bombards, Thunderbolts, and Lightnings. You also get Death Riders which are so much win that it hurts (give a horse a gas mask and 16.67% of the time it is immune to almost everything).

The list changes the way a tank heavy army plays by allowing new units and disallowing others. It also shuffles around the FOC slightly so now Dawn of War is a mission you look forward to as you can deploy potentially seven Leman Russ on the table to start. I have limited experience with it and am looking to get more games in with it but it is different from a regular Guard list which is something I really like. The premium on Infantry means that you will need to play it careful with them, while Platoon Command Squads can mount up in Centaurs and provide fast lascannons or meltaguns.

krillbur
12-02-2010, 12:32
i have to agree with Fasha

The IA1 Armored list plays differently and thats pretty much what your after going for an all armored list.

I think its a charming ruleset that focuses on the tanks and brings som tactical excitment with the offboard artillery and spotter rule.

Really fluffy if you ask me,and i believe a im going to try it in a friendly game. But i think ill prepare my opponent to bring his AT since its a bit one-sided if he didnt.

azimaith
12-02-2010, 13:08
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/downloads40k.htm

Go there, click Imperial armour Update 1
Go to the bottom where it has the armored battle group.