PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dragon Ogres

Djekar
12-02-2010, 08:15
A little preface first: My WoC list is getting a little stale - I have warriors, knights and marauders and while I know that I can make a good list from those, I really am thinking of expanding to add some of the different choices in.

That being said, I have an ex-roommate's OK Bulls and Ironguts that I am looking into converting into Dragon Ogres and a Shaggoth. I'm already using some of the Ironguts as Chaos Ogres and the Yhetees as Chaos Trolls (yeah, I'm a cheap guy). For the Shaggoth I'm thinking of the Lizardmen Stegadon body with some custom legs/feet to make it feel more like a dragon with the green stuff to help me meld the 2 pieces together, but I am at a loss for what to do for the run of the mill Dragon Ogre bodies. I have some spare horses, but: A) they are too small and B) I would like to not have to custom make *all* the feet, though I guess I can if I have too.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can use for Dragon Ogres from the waist down if I've got OK Ogres from the waist up?

TroyJPerez
12-02-2010, 08:21
The best Dragon Ogres I have seen are made from Black Orc Bodies and Dark Elf Cold one for the bottom half. I am making mine this way. Here is a picture of what inspired me to finally go this way. This is an awsome dragon ogre if you just replace the head with an ogre head.

Tyranno1
12-02-2010, 08:32
The black orc/dark elf cold one conversion is nice. But Djekar said they already have ogre torsos, and the dark elf cold ones wont fit.

The lizardmen cold ones though will. I have made many dragon ogres out of that combination and it fits very well. The cold ones arms though should be resculpted into front-legs to give it more balance.

Add in various chaos symbols and your done. For example, I used spare maruder horsemen shields instead of the irongut gutplate.

Poseidal
12-02-2010, 13:31
I've been making some (from seeing Eta's ones in another thread), from the Dark Elf Cold-Ones and Black Orcs.

I haven't decided on the heads though.

Lord Malorne
12-02-2010, 13:33
God I hate any 'shaggoth' that uses the stegadon body, it is the worst choice.

Tokamak
12-02-2010, 13:38
Both conversions look amazing!

I would go with warriors of chaos heads.

And yeah the stegadon is a terrible thing to use.

Poseidal
12-02-2010, 13:40
The one TroyJPerez posted is Eta's one, but I can't find the thread he posted them in at the moment.

They're the best visualisation I've seen of Dragon Ogres, even if it's a bit more on the Dragon side than Ogre.

Sygerrik
12-02-2010, 16:10
Someone made a thread about doing this using plastic Ogres. They looked amazing, then he announced he was taking a trip to South Africa and never returned.

What happened to him, anyways?

mdiscala
12-02-2010, 21:46
I'm waiting for summer to see if they release some official ones. If you do go for the ogre torso on cold one combo, one thing I've noticed is that no one ever gives them horns like the shaggoth has.

riotknight
12-02-2010, 23:21
Ogre torso's will fit fine on Dark Elf Cold Ones. I know, I've made 12 so far. It just takes a little more green stuff filler.

I have never seen the Black Orc Ones...those look pretty awesome, i may have to make my next batch with them...

Pacorko
13-02-2010, 19:14
I'm making 15 (hey! I bought all those COs for cheap after a lad just used the riders to make Bloodknights), mostly using ETA's conversion idea. Additionally I will be mixing Ogre, Black Orc and Cold one (both new and old) heads, just to add to the variety of looks they "should have" given the unique nature of every single one of these beasties.

I may even try to use a few converted mino heads, too, to try and make some shaggots.

But I must say that this and the Ghoul/Kroot mixtures for upright ghouls and alternative plagebearers, are the BEST conversion ideas ever posted anywhere on the intarwebz.