PDA

View Full Version : hellguns on inquisitorial stormtroopers gone?

Far Seer
13-02-2010, 09:12
i wanted to add some witch hunter units to my army and i would like to add the storm troopers. but do they still have las guns? is it replaced by hot shot lasguns?

Balragore
13-02-2010, 09:19
If you are to follow the rules of the parent codex which the stormtroopers are from, then yes, hot-shot lasguns have replaced hellguns.

Galatan
13-02-2010, 09:20
IG stormtroopers use the stormtrooper entry in the IG codex (together with all the special rules and weapon stats). Inq stormtroopers use the stormtrooper entry in the Inq codexes.

So IG stormtroopers use hot shot lasguns and Inq stormtroopers use hellguns.

I think the FAQ mentions the same thing.....

DarkstarSabre
13-02-2010, 09:21
Incorrect.

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers in either the Daemonhunters or Witchhunters books have hellguns, as detailed in the parent books. They are a seperate unit entry in themselves, contained in the book.

They do not use or refer to the IG codex in any way for Inquisitorial Stormtroopers.

Balragore
13-02-2010, 09:28
Which is exactly why I said "if you are to follow the rules of the parent codex" as I don't play WH/DH, just guard. If the WH/DH codexes have their own entries for =][= stormtroopers already in them, then I don't understand wh the question is being asked.

Chem-Dog
13-02-2010, 15:14
If you are to follow the rules of the parent codex which the stormtroopers are from, then yes, hot-shot lasguns have replaced hellguns.

Which is exactly why I said "if you are to follow the rules of the parent codex" as I don't play WH/DH, just guard. If the WH/DH codexes have their own entries for =][= stormtroopers already in them, then I don't understand wh the question is being asked.

The question, as I read it was simply asking if DH/WH Stormies get upgraded to use Hotshot Lasguns.
The answer is Hell no.

Balragore
13-02-2010, 15:25
i wanted to add some witch hunter units to my army and i would like to add the storm troopers. but do they still have las guns? is it replaced by hot shot lasguns?

OP asked about hellguns in the title, using WH units in his unspecified army, he is thinking about stormtroopers, and then asked if they use lasguns or the hot-shot version of lasguns. It is all worded very poorly and if I only added to the confusion then I apologize.

Xelloss
13-02-2010, 16:59
You can't use hotshot lasgun on inquisitorial stormtroopers. If you do so, they would be point-efficient, which obviously would be unacceptable. </sarcasm>

sigur
13-02-2010, 17:51

How do you get the impression? The codex entry didn't change, did it?

LonelyPath
13-02-2010, 20:59

If taken from Codex: Wotch Hunters, they are equipped with Hellguns.