PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angels tactical markings?

Wolfblade670
13-02-2010, 23:55
I just accquired some Black Reach tac marines, which have the molded tac squad arrow on their shoulderpads. I was considering painting them as Dark Angels; however I have seen them with both the codex tac iconography and the somewhat different horizontal double arrow seen in C: DA. Which is "correct"? Does it matter? When did the change occur?

Occulto
13-02-2010, 23:58
Which is "correct"?

The horizontal double arrow.

Does it matter?

Not in the slightest.

When did the change occur?

Probably when they released the Black Reach tac marines. ;)

shabbadoo
14-02-2010, 00:40
Probably when they released the Black Reach tac marines. ;)

I think he means when did the symbol change, or was codified as the case may be, for Dark Angels. It may have occurred first in White Dwarf prior to 2E, or in one of the Rogue Trader supplemental books. It definitely appears in the 2E Angels of Death codex and on the decal sheets available for 2E Dark Angels boxed sets.

Dark Angels use a horizontal double-ended arrow for Tactical Squads, a "dakka" explosion for Devastator Squads, and two diagonally crossed double-ended arrows for Assault Squads; all of those symbols being red with squad numbers in white over them.

lazy.sarge
14-02-2010, 04:11
I've removed the arrows from my AoBR Dark Angels and painted the doubled ended horizontal arrow on. Was easy

Hicks
14-02-2010, 04:29
I've removed the arrows from my AoBR Dark Angels and painted the doubled ended horizontal arrow on. Was easy

This if you really want the official thing. I also filed the arrows on my SMs and it's dead easy.

lazy.sarge
15-02-2010, 05:18
This if you really want the official thing. I also filed the arrows on my SMs and it's dead easy.

It's got to be the official thing, or is that just me?