PDA

View Full Version : Haldir elves models

fracas
14-02-2010, 03:02
What happened to the metal Galadhrim bowmen?
and what happened to the previous model for Haldir?

Solaaris
14-02-2010, 17:36
They could be discontinued since the plastic ones have been released.

I would have thought the Haldir model would still be available

SweetLou
15-02-2010, 01:21
is this the armoured version with bow?

fracas
15-02-2010, 01:50
yes. are they no longer being sold?

Whitwort Stormbringer
15-02-2010, 02:49
looks like GW is no longer selling him (armored Haldir with a bow), however I'm sure you can find him on eBay and if you can't get him alone, he was originally packaged in a boxed set that came out with the Two Towers game called "Heroes of Helms Deep."

Here ya go, the boxed set is right at the top and you can see him being sold alone in an auction a little further down:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sis.html?_kw=HEROES+OF+HELMS+DEEP+Lord+of+the+Ring s+LOTR+Warhammer

The Marshel
15-02-2010, 07:03
It'd make sense for them to discontinue the metals now that the plastics are around. I was hoping that they would keep them though, as a few other metal blisters have survived being replaced by plastics. easterling warriors for example still exist as a metal blister. the metals are very nice miniatures, compared to the (imho) odd looking plastics

On the bright side i stocked up on them around the time the plastics came out anyway so i ought to be right unless i decide to start wotr, which i don't think will be happening anytime soon. never the less, there is always ebay.

Fabian3rd
15-02-2010, 20:15
Those metal haldirs elves were my favorite models. The new galadrim seem ugly in comparison I wish they'd made the plastics more like the metals!

fracas
15-02-2010, 20:36
Those metal haldirs elves were my favorite models. The new galadrim seem ugly in comparison I wish they'd made the plastics more like the metals!

that is why i want the metals! :)

SweetLou
16-02-2010, 22:24
if you want him PM me