PDA

View Full Version : Bounce!!

TheSanityAssassin
14-02-2010, 05:27
I know it's happened to everyone on here....a unit that should obliterate something manages to simply BOUNCE off of an inferior unit, either through your own misfortune or your opponent's freakish luck. Post up your most amusing one here.

I think my biggest happened just the other night playing against Lizards with my High Elves.

Dual Charged a unit of 14 Saurus warriors with 2 Lion Chariots. Rolled a full 12 impact hits. Between that and the 12 actual attacks I killed 2 Saurus, lost 3 wounds in return, broke with both and proceeded to kill a number of my own models as I fled.

I've also had a unit of Empire knights bounce off of a Bolt Thrower before, and never rally for the rest of the game.

Briohmar
14-02-2010, 06:01
I had 5 seekers rubber lance on some Marauder horsemen, 15 attacks, 3 hits, no wounds, lost three in return and the other two vanished in a puff of perfume.

Condottiere
14-02-2010, 08:14
It happens, but when the horses blow it too, then you know that Lady Luck has PMS.

Ultimate Life Form
14-02-2010, 08:20
3 Wardancers, simultaneously charged by 2 Stegadons for like 12 Impact hits, 10 crew attacks and 8 Steg attacks. One of them survived and held off both Stegadons for a turn (thanks to 4+ Ward).

WE's Mage on Unicorn. Got a direct hit from Comet of Cassandora (aka 12 S4 hits). Had a 3+ Ward Save Item that works until it's failed. Remained entirely unscathed (well I rolled really bad for wounding, too...)

Ah yes, and on the topic of horses...
I had one legendary battle with my Steg against the Wild Riders where the riders themselves (with the superior WS and S) did nothing, but the horses kicked every single Skink off the howdah...
How they did that I have no idea. Flying horses anyone? :confused: Are WE even allowed to have Pegasi?

Bodysnatcher
14-02-2010, 08:28
Lord of change rear charges a unit of skeletons.

Plif.

KayazyAssassin
14-02-2010, 08:29
i had a bud of mine charge his ubshati into my steam tank and completly destroy it in two turns but now the curse of the steam tank has made them bouce off alot of units that they should do at least decent against its quite funny to me

go curse of the steam tank

p.s sorry if i butchered the unit name

danny-d-b
14-02-2010, 08:51
yep- a single chaos knight chargers the same organ gun that whips out his unit sept him

I roll two ones to hit for him and a 2 for the horse
THe dwarf rolls, 2 3s and a 5, followed by a 6 to which I then roll a 1

I'ts so funny cos I was only in thay place because they over ran some longbeards (thanks to marrader support)

I still went on to win the game though

Vermin-thing
14-02-2010, 09:38
Today I charged 10 chaos warriors of Slaanesh in the side of a block of temple guard, 11 attacks, zero hit. They then proceeded to flea, and get run down later in the game.

Marauder champion Vs Minotaur champion with 2 hand weapons, and 2 wounds left! I strike first because I charged, 5, 6, and then 5, 6, and then 1, 1. :D = one dead minotaur.

My warshrine of Slaanesh died by rolling four ones followed by another four less than 4+. (4+, 4+*)

Desert Rain
14-02-2010, 09:43
The 9A Oldblood on carnosaur build charges a unit of clan rats, fluffs his attacks and loose the combat by one. I then fail the Ld test and is run down by a 140 points unit :(

SkawtheFalconer
14-02-2010, 10:41
Steed of Shadows Exalted Champ into a dwarven cannon crew. Fails to do any wounds, killed in response by the plucky crewmen.

Unit of Chaos warriors with Chaos Lord AND Exalted Champ in, manage to charge a unit of grail knights (!) due to excellent tactics by me (lol), containing a Bret BSB (last ed) that removed rank bonus. Chaos Lord - five attacks, hitting threes, wounding twos with no armour save on BSB - fails to cause a wound. Exalted - four attacks with great weapon on him, threes and twos, causing one wound which was saved on a 6+. My unit takes a few casualties, obviously legs it, game over...

Penitent Engine
14-02-2010, 11:50
This is written from my opponent's perspective ;) :
Basic Chaos Sorcerer w. Book of Secrets Steed of Shadows into a Wood Elf Noble and Wardancers (I was losing, so what the hell!). Proceeds to roll two 5s, two 3s and the Noble fails his save! 14 Wardancers fail to wound, lose by one, get run down by an angry Sorcerer :D

xalfej
14-02-2010, 12:05
Unit of 20 goblins charges my treeman ancient, goblins win combat and treeman fails rerollable stubborn break test, goblins run down treeman and run into the standard bearer. standard bearer breaks gobo's in combat and runs them down, then does the same to the wolf rider unit he ran into

rtunian
14-02-2010, 14:31
2 boar chariots of mine rear charge a unit of 12 black guard. out of 2d6+2 possible impact hits, i dealt 5, and of those 5 strength 5 hits needing 2s to wound, i did 0 wounds (well, i did 2 that were saved on 6s). booiiiiinnnnnngggggg!!!!!

Commodus Leitdorf
14-02-2010, 14:44
Archlector flanked a unit of Dryads engaged with a unit of 25 spearmen. Caused a grand total of 0 wounds on them. I manage to hold and then next turn my opponent flanks the spearmen with his Wild Riders and THEY cause a grand total of 0 wounds.

It was the most pathetic combat ever.

Drakcore Bloodtear
14-02-2010, 14:51
Kurt helborg charges my Goblin spear chukka on his own.
For a joke I held.
Kurt then fluffed all his attacks and lost combat by one, then ran.

Who said outnumbering never won combat?

GodlessM
14-02-2010, 15:07
My Khorne Knights charged a single Glade Rider failed to kill it, lost a man, and since that Glade Rider was a Musician and I had none my Knightsm lost and rolled a 10 on the break and were caught by that single Glade Rider.

sharky 10
14-02-2010, 15:29
My tooled up Brettonian lord and his retinue of 9 knights charged 15 goblins my knights were using rubber lances they caused 1 wound the goblins caused 2 i lost them both we drew the combat nxt turn i fluffed up again his gobbos killed another 1 knight my knights fled rolled 7 and were caught man i was annoyed but that game was hilarious.

Hiportes
14-02-2010, 16:02
Never mess with Dwarf war machine crews. My opponent once charged his High Elf Mage on Dragon into my Grudge Thrower crew, failed to do a wound, took two in return, and promptly fled. Next turn, he fails to rally and runs off the board. Might've been karma, as multiple cannonballs rolled 1s to wound the dragon earlier.

Another game, a cannon crew fought off two separate charges from a Gorger (killed in 2 turns) and a Hunter who bounced and ran off the board. With as many units who bounce off their dwarven bellies, opponents are lucky that they don't pursue!

tarrym
14-02-2010, 17:06
Chaos lord on steed of slaanesh with the Hellfire sword (Flaming and D3+1 wounds).

Charges a varghulf (perfect target for the hellfire sword!). Even gets +1 attack from a nearby warshrine in the shooting phase.

This is what I was thinking: 6 attacks, hitting on 3's (average 4 hits), wounding on 4's (average 2 wounds), no regen as flaming, so 2D3 + 2 wounds (min 4 wounds so dead varghulf).

This is what happened: 6 attacks, 2 hit, no wounds. Steed also does nothing. Varghulf does nothing back but outnumbers so wins combat by 1 - then I roll 10 for the break test and flee (charged in my turn, so he ran me down in his next turn).

Damned dice!

scipunk
14-02-2010, 17:35
Desert Rain wrote:

The 9A Oldblood on carnosaur build charges a unit of clan rats, fluffs his attacks and loose the combat by one. I then fail the Ld test and is run down by a 140 points unit

The same thing happened to me when I charged a unit of night goblins. Charged....wiffed his attack....flees like 7 inches and gets run down:eek: Both my opponent and I just looked at each other and where :wtf:

Havock
15-02-2010, 00:58
Old HoC:
5 Chosen knights with banner/musician versus 12 zombies.

Guess what :p

Sygerrik
15-02-2010, 03:29
Twice against the SoC daemon list a basic 20 skelly block caused a Greater Daemon to poof. Well, once a GD, once a Daemon Prince.

Jind_Singh
15-02-2010, 15:04
Playing against DoC with my Orcs and Goblins - He had 3 Bloodcrushers and herald of Khorne on Jugger. I chared him with Orc Boar Chariot, 30 Orc Boyz, full command, 20 Black ORcs, full command, magic bannor, Black orc BSB on boar, Black Orc Warboss on boar.

I did.....

ZERO WOUNDS

He did 9 or 10 kills.

He ran down ALL THREE Units

This is was his turn 2.....Revenge was mine though I lost the game, I rear charged him wirh a Goblin shaman on wolf chariot, and flanked with boar chariot - this time I killed 3 Bloodcrushers and the herald died to instability! The shaman had tricksy trinket, no ward saves, and he epically failed his armour saves from the 2D6 impact hits!

Brady
15-02-2010, 15:53
i had a unit of 15 high elf spearmen with no command, my mate charged his star dragon ( yes h.elves v h.elves :eyebrows: ) with fully pimped prince on top of it into me...

guess what?

i beat him in the first round of combat, he passes LD

i beat him in the second round of combat, he passes LD

he only just makes me flee in the THIRD round of combat

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Stuffburger
15-02-2010, 19:20
I think the most humiliating was my friends 12 chaos warriors with full command and festus bouncing off my 20 night goblin archers. Odds of that are something astronomically high...

Stronginthearm
16-02-2010, 02:58
5 bloodknights and a vamp charge a popemobile, ONE WOUND would have put it out, the thing makes 13 wards saves, my boys the proceed the get ground under its unholy sigmarian wheels

Kitskin
16-02-2010, 13:51
I had a full unit of nurgle knights + hero charge into a unit of horrors at GT, they killed one lost combat by one to SCR and broke, next turn they ran off the table.

TheSanityAssassin
16-02-2010, 23:53
I had a full unit of nurgle knights + hero charge into a unit of horrors at GT, they killed one lost combat by one to SCR and broke, next turn they ran off the table.

That's even more brutal at a GT.

Lyinar
17-02-2010, 00:30
Not so much a Bounce! as a "plorf..."

Played Dwarfs against Night Goblins with the BFSP models, and the Night Goblin Boss was in perfect shooting range for a blast of grapeshot from the cannon. Lined up, fired...

Rolled a 2 on the Artillery Die for damage. The Gobbo laughed off the load of frakking rock salt that someone had decided would make a great projectile, then killed the cannon crew.

That cannon got converted to a Flame Cannon that I've not had a chance to use. The other cannon I got later, though, did manage to all but wipe out a Wood Elf Glade Rider unit that had unwisely decided not to charge from that range (even with my advice to do so, because the player was pretty new to Fantasy and had been told that Glade Riders were only good with shooting).

Rockgut
17-02-2010, 00:40
I had a unit of Empire cannon crew get charged by a unit of 5 Dark Riders. I won combat and ran them down. That's pretty sad.

jesusjohn
17-02-2010, 00:50
I once had someone elses Khorne knights bounce off my goblin wolf riders, to be fair i had converted them to look like the goblin knights in labyrinth so they had cool on their side. I think that was the most spectacular bounce i have ever seen, they did die next turn though!

TheDarkDuke
17-02-2010, 00:50
I think the best I have seen was my brothers unit of 15 Bestigor Full Command (last army book) charged 10 HE archers of mine on a hill (last army book). Stand and Shoot response. 2 ranged kills. Charge resulted in 0 kills, turned around and killed 3 bestigor. Ld test ensues and Beasts fail, archers run them down suffering no wounds.