PDA

View Full Version : Army of darkness themed army

ZigZagMan
14-02-2010, 20:36
I can't find any threads about anyone doing this, not even on the internets.

The name says it all, Ash, in all his chainsaw toting, shotgun shooting glory. probably in an empire army, with his car with the spinny thing as a steam tank. Add in eric the red with some knights and a few of the other secondary characters, and the rest just regular guys painted the right color scheme (and include the necronomicon somehwere, of course)

Any additional ideas?

Lord Malorne
14-02-2010, 20:39
None, i'm afraid.

Kamenwati
14-02-2010, 20:46
Well thematically you should avoid hand gunners and use crossbowmen instead. Greatswords woul work as the foot knights they used to protect the book. A captain of the Empire with a blunderbuss and additional hand weapon could be Ash. A wizard can be used to represent the wise man. Mortars properlly modelled could be used to represent the gunpowder tossing catapults they used.

Xaskus
14-02-2010, 20:53
They featured one in a White Dwarf about 8 or 9 years ago. It was based on the old Vampire Counts list and had Ash's Car as a Black Coach, Sheila as a Banshee and Ash as a Vampire Lord.

Condottiere
14-02-2010, 20:59
The chainsaw would S4 AP, and the shotgun multi-shot x2 S5 Pistol, needs one turn to be reloaded and counts as ordinary hand weapon in combat.

Lord Inquisitor
14-02-2010, 21:20
This may be of interest
http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=2208

Oskar
14-02-2010, 21:24
There are some slots in the chaos army range that would make for some great inspired Army of Darkness conversion:

-Nurgling swarm could be converted into mini evil Ash swarm, from the Windmill movie scene...
-The model for the chaos fury already looks like the weird winged demon fiend who kidnapp that chick Ash banged in the casttle...
-A chaos chariot or chaos warshrine could represent the badass steam powered car...
-Aint there a two headed character somewhere within the chaos fluff ?? Because he could represent the state where Ash as two head from when he painfully separated himself from his evil twin...

and so on...

ZigZagMan
14-02-2010, 22:24
Nice, although i would say a chainsaw would be alot more badass then str 4. and a shotgun would be more like str 4 with multiple shots to represent the spread

Oskar
14-02-2010, 22:31
The chainsaw could add +1 strengh and be armour piercing..

Adrift
15-02-2010, 21:16
They featured one in a White Dwarf about 8 or 9 years ago. It was based on the old Vampire Counts list and had Ash's Car as a Black Coach, Sheila as a Banshee and Ash as a Vampire Lord.

I saw this army live and in person at a GW GT in Seattle, probably shortly before that WD article came out. Very cool army.

Anvilbrow
16-02-2010, 07:22
Likely the version you saw in Seattle was my buddy's Empire-based version, unless there was another one in addition to his.

Strangely, in one Seattle GT I managed to face the Army of Darkness, the Monty Python/Holy Grail army (Bretonnians) and the 101 Dalmatians (Chaos).

I think movie-inspired armies can go either way, it all depends upon the creativity of the owner/creator.