PDA

View Full Version : After reading the new Blood Angel codex, what do you think?

Willow242
14-02-2010, 23:08
What do you think about the new codex and especially the red thirst?
At first look it seems like the pointcosts have been lowerd on alot of things like wepons/wargear but the point cost per model is higher...

mooserehab86
14-02-2010, 23:24
Is it even out yet?

Corrode
14-02-2010, 23:26
No, but there's a fake one kicking about the Internet.

Willow242
14-02-2010, 23:35
Are you sure its a fake then?

Nighthawke
14-02-2010, 23:43
no ones going to see the offical one till the stores get their one in the lack box, so pointless discussion

Mannimarco
14-02-2010, 23:53
its a fake dex, dont put to much faith into it

there may be some stuff in it similarish to the new dex that will come out but dont go thinking this is a dex to test the waters to see what people think of it

Seismic
15-02-2010, 00:04
The back & forth generated by the rumors is so good... I wish they never release it.

Worsle
15-02-2010, 00:29
If the rumour book is fake then the guy deserves a round of applause or something as that is a well made book. Strong but in a different way from both C:SM and C:SW and the odd GW like mistake (exalted being the biggest one). That guy either knows his stuff or it is a lot more real than people think. Either way I am glad to have read it.

bork da basher
15-02-2010, 09:17
im not convinced it's fake but even if it is i can't see the actual one being much differant and whoever did contrive it really did their homework and put alot of effort into it.

i think perhaps my views may be jaded by the fact that i want this BA release quite badly. in 15 years of gaming they have always been the chapter that facinates me most and judging by the awesome job they did on the space wolves and the amazing plastic termies in space hulk i have seriously high hopes for the model range. i've been squirreling away funds into my paypal account for weeks in preperation lol.

Willow242
15-02-2010, 10:15
...and there has never been a movie to download from the internet berfore its screend at the movies?

But I think I agree to the fact that its fake...just browsed thru the "codex" when I got it linked...

AFnord
15-02-2010, 10:22
There was also a very well crafted fake nid codex that was released some time before the real thing, that fooled a lot of people. I have not seen the "leaked" BA codex, so I really can't say much about it, but beware, there are people out there who enjoy messing with peoples expectations.

WinglessVT2
15-02-2010, 11:32
The release itself, as well as the supposedly 'leaked' codex, hold almost zero interest for me.
I'll pick up a plastic upgrade box - if such a thing is ever released - so I can spread some parts among my lamenters, and that's it, really.

Ryar
15-02-2010, 14:42
If that dex is real or close to it then its pretty well balanced and very fun to play. The new units are all great and not over the top plus the points are right about perfect. I've playtested it twice now and it's a great dex. If it's false then I am sad.

Though the tantalus assault cannon is fairly over the top.

WinglessVT2
15-02-2010, 14:44
Not really.
Oh, wow, a skimmer predator, with a lot of assault cannons. Hooray - you can take down one of my units with it, and it costs twice as much as two of my regular predators.

It's just such a bland book compared to the two most recent codices.

gwarsh41
15-02-2010, 14:47
I havent seen it, but would very much like to in order to get somewhat of an idea to what to expect. *cough* PM me *cough*
From the rumors I have heard, I may succumb to the "count as" sickness. I hear talk of many dreadnoughts, I love dreadnoughts... but I love my space wolf lore too much to drop them.

Vepr
15-02-2010, 15:29
There was also a very well crafted fake nid codex that was released some time before the real thing, that fooled a lot of people. I have not seen the "leaked" BA codex, so I really can't say much about it, but beware, there are people out there who enjoy messing with peoples expectations.

There are more than a few of us that wish the current nid dex was a fake... :p :cries:

Xelloss
15-02-2010, 15:41
I sincerely hope either the leaked codex isn't a fake or that the real codex will be very good. It would be very weird for GW to have people play with a fake codex because it is a better one...

Fanboy
15-02-2010, 19:07
What new BA codex...................please people lets wait till April, its not that far away.

As for the leaked codex, its a nice read while I am on the toilet, keeps me occupied. But until I see something more concrete, e.g. copied pdf pages of the actual codex with the usual background and imagery, and not a typed out ms word doc..............its only a few weeks away........patience.....

Yours Thankfully

Fanboy

gwarsh41
15-02-2010, 19:24
I think I got a hold of the new leaked book. I thought mephisto was to be +300 points. it had him at like 265. I am going to wait for this one as well, being in proper codex format would be nice too.

Veloxnex
15-02-2010, 19:38
it's also layed out in the same format as the old external playtest codexi were, my monies on early playtest draft that someone on the inside showed someone they shouldn't have.