PDA

View Full Version : IS it still ok to play using the Armoured company codex?

bryne3
15-02-2010, 02:20
Are you still allowed to play using the armoured company rules, (if u havnt seen them they used to be downloadable from the GW site) I mean theyd be preety damned broken if u could but still itd be great i could field my russes as troops again

duffybear1988
15-02-2010, 02:31
They are not allowed anymore in afraid.

The problem is tanks dont score so you will never win an objectives game.

You would be better off downloading the Imperial Armour 1 update on the forge world website as it contains a fully updated armoured company list that allows infantry as well as tanks as troops and has many more options than the old WD armoured company list... neither were allowed in most tournaments so if you are just playing for fun it wont matter that you are using FW rules.

Hope that helps.

carldooley
15-02-2010, 03:05
actually, the thing that people tend to forget is that the Armored Company is an imperial list, and as such you can ally with DH\WH for your scoring units. Even if you were to take 2 units of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers each, you would still have a legal list.

SanguinaryDan
15-02-2010, 03:35
Download the FW version from their site. It's always been a better list and it's still "legal".

Feel free to argue the legality of FW all you wish. I've never had a problem with it and neither has anyone I've played with or against. Your mileage may vary and you had better check with the organizer before you bring it to a tournament.

ehlijen
15-02-2010, 04:27
actually, the thing that people tend to forget is that the Armored Company is an imperial list, and as such you can ally with DH\WH for your scoring units. Even if you were to take 2 units of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers each, you would still have a legal list.

Whether or not the armoured company is a derivative of the standard IG codex (which it'd need to be for allying to be allowed as per the -hunter codices) is up for debate, but also not really the point.

The armoured company is a WD fun army list. By using it, or asking to use it, you are saying to the opponent 'let's try this and see how we go'. Game balance and tournament legality are, for the most part, not a major concern in such games.

bryne3
15-02-2010, 04:31
Thanks guys

Norsehawk
15-02-2010, 13:51
Can't you pretty much put together an armored company list now with the current imperial guard dex?

HQ choices would be in chimeras, vets in chimeras for troops (taking place of the armored fist squads) up to 9 heavy tanks and up to 9 fast attack tanks.

Brady
15-02-2010, 15:28
Can't you pretty much put together an armored company list now with the current imperial guard dex?

HQ choices would be in chimeras, vets in chimeras for troops (taking place of the armored fist squads) up to 9 heavy tanks and up to 9 fast attack tanks.

yes you can but they are restricted to 3 units of 3 leman russes ( that is still nine though :eyebrows: ). however i just downloaded the FW armoured comp rules and i cannot wait tot ry them out! they look so cool. just a quick question: can you use the imperial navy in an armoured comp list?