PDA

View Full Version : spawner rule of thumb?

carldooley
15-02-2010, 21:49
My Army with the current Tyranid Codex is going to include 2-3 tervigons, but I currently don't own any termagaunts. Is there a rule of thumb as to how many gaunts I should have for each tervigon - keeping in mind that I would be able to 'recycle' them?

Absolutionis
15-02-2010, 22:07
On average, 3d6 nets the value 10.5
Three Tervigons will thus poop out 31.5 Termagants on the first turn with a 44% chance of each Tervigon hitting menopause. Taking rounding down, you will have 2 Tervigons available for next turn's spawning.

Two Tervigons will thus poop out 21 Termagants on the second turn.

Assuming that some Termagants will die and some Tervigons will die, and making some other gross generalizations, you should expect to poop out 50 or so Termagants. Maybe more due to Tervigons not hitting menopause. Maybe less considering fertile Tervigons are high-priority targets.

Ph4lanx
15-02-2010, 22:10
Why do I feel so dirty after reading Absolutionis's explanation... ;)

Hoodwink
15-02-2010, 22:42
Because with that explanation, you would have to have a way of implanting a seed for it to hit "menopause"...

bobbles
15-02-2010, 22:52
Why do I feel so dirty after reading Absolutionis's explanation... ;)

I feel the same way

Lord_Of_Bats
16-02-2010, 02:43
Because with that explanation, you would have to have a way of implanting a seed for it to hit "menopause"...

Nope.

It can be totally parthenogenic. It's good enough for giant man-eating komodo dragons so i'm sure it's good enough for Tervigons.

They don't permanantly cease reproducing, just temporarily. It takes some time at least to turn a single Termagant stemcell into a rapid-development embryo. And it'd take a lot of energy to do so. So theTervigon just needs to eat a good share of the battlefield corpses and have a little sleep and then it's back to birthing. No other life-forms required. No seed involved.

carldooley
16-02-2010, 02:45
thankyou to Absolutionis for your answer. unfortunately, every other post was off topic, so. . .