PDA

View Full Version : Misfit Minis

wazatdingder
16-02-2010, 00:22
In 4th ed. I had built the 523 Necromundan Militia. This army consisted of over 100 Necromunda models with Warrior Weapons. As you may realize, these models have now made it to the Land of Misfit Minis. I have tried to integrate as many as possible into other guard forces, but there are still a bunch and I love the fluff I built around them.

Any suggestions..

Charistoph
16-02-2010, 00:25
In 4th ed. I had built the 523 Necromundan Militia. This army consisted of over 100 Necromunda models with Warrior Weapons. As you may realize, these models have now made it to the Land of Misfit Minis. I have tried to integrate as many as possible into other guard forces, but there are still a bunch and I love the fluff I built around them.

Any suggestions..

Looks at IG Codex. Hmm, Penal Legion comes to mind. Also, Inquisitor retinues could also apply.

Bunnahabhain
16-02-2010, 00:26
Massed penal legion. You can use 60 of them.

Not awefully competitive, but very fitting.

Corrode
16-02-2010, 00:29
Just use them as Guardsmen, or Veterans if they look appropriately grizzled.

wazatdingder
I've put the models with lasguns into penal legions, and made a few sanctioned psyker squads, but still have 100+ guard w/ pist and ccw. I prefer to play WISIWIG

Eulenspiegel
Penal legion, Conscripts, at a pinch regular Guardsmen or even Veterans ... just use them :)

Cromwell Haarlock-Leth
16-02-2010, 00:32
Lost and Damned. Penal Legion. Nurgle's plague zombies. Inquisitor retinue. Death world IG, using the Catachan Codex (they're notably prone to use whatever weapons they love, even if it was not part of the Munitorum delivery)...

Corrode
16-02-2010, 00:32
I've put the models with lasguns into penal legions, and made a few sanctioned psyker squads, but still have 100+ guard w/ pist and ccw. I prefer to play WISIWIG

Why not use the guys with lasguns as regular troopers and then use the pistol and CCW guys as the Penal Legion? Pretty much all of their results relate to combat anyway.

Commissar Bone
16-02-2010, 00:36
I wouldn't sweat any of the above options: it's a pretty straight forward switch in my mind, lasguns for CCW/pistols.

Chaaaarrge!

Slayerthane
16-02-2010, 00:39
Conscript platoons, especially if you have alot of them.

wazatdingder
16-02-2010, 00:40
Let me put out another question:

If I were to show up in your gaming community with this army and said that I wanted to count those with pistols as actually trading their lasguns for pistols, would you be OK with that.

LonelyPath
16-02-2010, 00:49
I have used Necromunda minis in Genestealer Cults (brood brothers), Inquisitor retinues and other things. Likewise I've used old Genestealer Hybrids in Ork armies in ages passed and present as a few oddities, normally alongside goff rokkerz to be 'ard boyz when I lacked the proper models.

I'm currently hunting down the rest of my old Genestealer hybrids and magi to use in my Nids as broodlord, Ymgarl Stealers or possibly Tyranid Primes (with built up bases).

DinoDoc
16-02-2010, 00:51
I'd tell someone who complained after you clearly told them what everything was to pay for you to get new models.

Cromwell Haarlock-Leth
16-02-2010, 01:27
For sure I would accept! But we'll spent some time having a close look at those minis and speaking of them... Not of the rules, but of their glorious former history!

LonelyPath
16-02-2010, 01:30
I am terrible for stopping mid-game to oggle someones ancient miniatures. I have plenty of my own (after 24 years you'd expect so) but there's always a mini I've not seen for a age that catces my eye, usually in mid dice roll, heh.

scopedog91
16-02-2010, 03:05
I'd say...count the laspistols as...short model lasguns?
I would be happy to play against such an army.

Lord of Worms
16-02-2010, 10:40
Let me put out another question:

If I were to show up in your gaming community with this army and said that I wanted to count those with pistols as actually trading their lasguns for pistols, would you be OK with that.

If they can't have pistols, where's the confusion?

Hunger
16-02-2010, 10:43
Sure, use them as whatever you like in a game against me - even make up some house rules for your new infantry unit. I have a similar unit of mutants in my LATD horde armed solely with close combat weapons - I just knock 1 point off each model's cost in a regular IG lasgun-armed infantry squad and presto!

RichBlake
16-02-2010, 12:09

I'd put the lasgunners into infantry platoons (or veteran squads if you dont have enough) and if they are actually necromunda models then I'd count all the autoguns as lasguns too.

Then I'd make 3 Stromtrooper Squads with the most badass looking guys with pistol and CCW (Stromtroopers have hellpistol and CCW aswell as their Hellgun) and put the rest into penal legion squads.

Your platoon command squads and company command squads can also be pistol and CCW wielding guys too so thats no problem.

I'm pretty lax in terms of "counts as". As long as the model is roughly the same height and shape then I wouldn't care. So in this case if you went "Can i use all these as having lasguns?" I'd be fine with it.

Noserenda
16-02-2010, 12:14
The only problem id have with it would potentially be using them as multiple units, as long as its clear the Cawdor are psykers, the Goliaths Vets and the Escher Penal Legion for example thats fine but if theres an amorphous horde playing the part of anything without an AV I might take issue :confused:

But then anyone insane enough to take warrior weapons under the old codex is unlikely to be a powergamer...

Corrode
16-02-2010, 12:19
For that matter, WYSIWYG as it applies to squads isn't quite as strict as people think. As long as the majority of the squad has the correct weaponry, you're ok with having conversions and non-standard stuff as long as it isn't able to be confused for a special weapon or something - in this case, you could probably get away with mixing some of the CCW guys into line squads.

Gdolkin
16-02-2010, 14:27
Army shot! Pictures! Fluff! C'moooooooooonnnnnn! :)

wazatdingder
16-02-2010, 15:57
But then anyone insane enough to take warrior weapons under the old codex is unlikely to be a powergamer...

True. They were way too many points for what they did.