PDA

View Full Version : What Tyrannid model NEEDS to be made?

Bathawk
17-02-2010, 10:06
Hey all, I've been into 40k for about 17 months now. And was kind of excited by the new Tyranid codex. It's the first codex that now "outdates" a previous one I owned (never had the 3rd edition IG one)

I am a little surprised at the number of new units created for the new Tyrannid book. It seems by comparison, the Imperial Guard have most of their models already out (even if you do have to get them through forge world)

But with no "Tyranid wave 2" on the horizon; Which model can you simply not wait for?

shabbadoo
17-02-2010, 10:14
Anything that is in the codex, but that has no model available through Forgeworld or the GW Collectors range, should be made first.

Souleater
17-02-2010, 10:17
There is something wrong with the poll options...several of them don't say 'Tervigon' :D

tazguy95
17-02-2010, 11:00
They NEED to make Tervigons, or at least a conversion pack for a carnifex to make it into a Tervigon, and also it's not as if nobody would buy them, they are loved by all!

Mecha King Ghidorah
17-02-2010, 11:16
Really need to make a Tervigon and Spore Pod available. Wish they would also make it easier to get some boneswords.

Fixer
17-02-2010, 11:16
I expect that the Tervigon and Tyrannofex are going to be a new box set. Look at the codex art, the two models are fairly similar.

Souleater
17-02-2010, 11:19
Indeed. Like giant six-limbed killing twins who have chosen to wear different clothes in a poor attempt to differentiate themselves.

hawo0313
17-02-2010, 11:21
I think tervigon every tyranid army I've seen has one in it (albiet only 2 armies) but hey I'm sure there are others

Tommygun
17-02-2010, 11:28
Ideally the Venomthrope should be remade in plastic.
I think it may end up being the new Gargoyle, in that it keeps breaking all the time.

PaulmanMN
17-02-2010, 11:52
Tervigon, hands down.

Lord Khabal
17-02-2010, 11:55
the tervigon can be made after a converted carnie. the drop pod is another question altogether. I voted spores!

WinglessVT2
17-02-2010, 12:24
Boneswords for warriors.
An upgrade pack for them, too, so you can make an epic and blinged-out tyranid prime.

Arselskjut
17-02-2010, 12:40
i chose parasite. love the rules!

MistaGav
17-02-2010, 13:18
A conversion kit for the Tervigon and Tyrannofex would be ideal but to be honest everything you can pretty much convert into. It's not like the other codex's where a model is REALLY necesary. With the tyranids something can be converted from something else.

Apart from that the Spore Pod would be a good one for standards like TLOS etc.

Thud
17-02-2010, 13:18
Harpy. And some boneswords.

ghoulio
17-02-2010, 13:23
I vote Mycetic Spores. With all the other options it's not too bad to convert something up yourself. The spores on the other hand don't even have any clear drawings as to what they are supposed to look like, let alone things you could convert it out of.

AkabaneK
17-02-2010, 13:30
I've had to go with the Spore on this one, the only thing there really that would need to be done from scratch. The majority of everything else in that list is something that can be converted from existing models. Albeit, expensively, like acquiring four boneswords for the Swamlord...

Eon chao
17-02-2010, 13:32
Tyranids seem to have a rather perfect second wave set up. 6 releases 3 plastic, 3 metal:
Plastic Tyrannofex/Tervigon kit
Plastic Harpie
Plastic Mycetic Spore
Metal Swarmlord
Metal Doom
Metal Parasite

and then an upgrade sprue or two for warriors (bone swords and wings) and gaunts (spikerifles and webbers).

gwarsh41
17-02-2010, 14:47
until the release (if and when) for the spore pods your local craft store probably sells foam eggs that are the perfect size for them. You can use a hobby saw to take off the bottom so it sits on the table.
A buddy is coating his in elmers glue to get the texture, then they will be painted.
The eggs cost about 2.50USD

Hicks
17-02-2010, 15:39
They need to make a Tervigon or confirm that you have to convert one yourself because they aren't making one. My beef with this unit is that it looks huge in the drawing in the codex.

I could convert one from a fex only to find out that my model is way too small.

StarFyreXXX
17-02-2010, 16:32
I want to make a tervigon via the forgeworld scythed heirodule...but i haven't yet as even though i have the codex and love the army...i'm not a fan of 40k as a game :( so i made lists...and still not sure if i want to start 40k or not....

hehe

either way...gonna make a swarmlord as it's art is just so cool :D

Sanjay

oCoYoRoAoKo
17-02-2010, 16:48
Voted tervigon. Im currently using my scythed hierodule for one but an official model would be nice. Spore pods arent so bad because at the moment im using the FW brood-nests. about the same base size as an existing SM drop pod, at a very reasonable price.

Cy.

Tae
17-02-2010, 18:07
Tervigons and Spores as a large percentage of 'nid lists will use one or other (or both!).

Also, Shrikes and Sky Slasher swarms already have FW models.

Draconis
17-02-2010, 18:46
Yep, I figured it would be the tervigon. Though I really really would like to see some plastic shrikes and boneswords.

Megad00mer
17-02-2010, 19:13
My “dream” 2nd wave Tyranid release would look something like:

Tervigon/Tyrannofex : Plastic kit allowing the creation of either creature with loads of extra gribbly bits and options.

Mycetic Spore: Plastic kit with different weapons options. Maybe opening sides that reveal a detailed interior like the Space Marine Pod (except all organic and squishy lookin)

Tyranid Upgrade Sprue: Contains Warrior sized Lashwhips and Boneswords, (4 sets. Two with the Lashwhip on the right and Bonesword on the left and two reversed. To allow for different combos) Tyrant sized Bonesabres (right and left handed) for Swarmlord conversions. Perhaps bits to make a Tyranid Prime as well.

Doom of Malan’tai: Metal blister

Max Jet
17-02-2010, 19:48
Oh dear god, they certainly won't make a Tervigon.

a) It allows them to sell Carnifex kits for conversions, even though it sucks in the new Codex.

b) It certainly will not be in the Codex 6th edition.

Mycetic spores however...

asura
17-02-2010, 20:41
I really hope Games Workshop will release an upgrade sprue with BONESWORDS not only for the swarmlord but also for the tyranid warriors since many models should be able to take these swords as an option in the codex!

Tae
17-02-2010, 20:50
Oh dear god, they certainly won't make a Tervigon.

Actually I think they'd be stupid not to, as almost every Nid list seems to have one in these days.

a) It allows them to sell Carnifex kits for conversions, even though it sucks in the new Codex.

And they were able to sell Ork Trukk kits for conversion into Battlewagons, yet they still made the BW. Sorry but this isn't going to stop GW from making the Tervigon if they think it will sell enough.

b) It certainly will not be in the Codex 6th edition.

Mycetic spores however...

And your crystal ball knows this how exactly?

Deon
17-02-2010, 21:11
one vote for mycetic spore, that one really needs a model

TheDarkDuke
17-02-2010, 21:21
I voted harpy seeing as how pretty much every other unit that doesnt have a model for it I couldn't really care about, but the fluff and artwork for the harpy to me are pretty cool, even if it doesn't have the best stats out there.

Max Jet
17-02-2010, 22:41
And they were able to sell Ork Trukk kits for conversion into Battlewagons, yet they still made the BW. Sorry but this isn't going to stop GW from making the Tervigon if they think it will sell enough.

Good argument BUT the Battle Wagon was allready designed when the Codex hit the shelves. In the first podcast 4 months before the Codex release there where talks about the early Stompa designs and the battlewagon. Everyone wanted to know why these weren't included in the first wave.

And your crystal ball knows this how exactly?

No of course not. It is just a sensible feeling of me. However I would be in for a friendly bet. Let's say a Troop Box of your choice? Looser has to send Winner a 40k Troop box. Deal?

Nezalhualixtlan
18-02-2010, 01:03
I'd like to see the Mycetic Spore Pod first, but the Tervigon would be an awesome one too.

hellspawn1
18-02-2010, 01:42
Nids are currently way too much "DIY". They may still sell kits, of which the bits are used for conversions, but not all people are up for converting - thus GW miss out on sales they would have otherwise made to those who can't/dont want to convert.

Marrak
18-02-2010, 06:10
I expect that the Tervigon and Tyrannofex are going to be a new box set. Look at the codex art, the two models are fairly similar.

This +1. If nothing else it'll be a conversion box (like the SW stuff) to add to a carnifex.

big squig
18-02-2010, 06:36
I honestly would be surprised if any of those models came out.

Fallenity
18-02-2010, 11:26
FAQ before new models! =)

LonelyPath
18-02-2010, 11:37
Ideally (for me) the first would be the Doom, Tervigon and Mycetic Spores, a Harpy would be nice as well.

asura
18-02-2010, 11:39
And what would you think of an upgrade sprue with bitz for the tervigon, boneswords and lash whip for Tyranid warriors, additional armor part, etc...

I hope Forgeworld is on it!

tazguy95
18-02-2010, 14:13
Nids are currently way too much "DIY". They may still sell kits, of which the bits are used for conversions, but not all people are up for converting - thus GW miss out on sales they would have otherwise made to those who can't/dont want to convert.

Agreed, some of us don't haven't the skill for converting, or the materials.:(
Fingers crossed for the Tervigon and Spore!!!!