PDA

View Full Version : Has this dragon been modified???

JayC707
19-02-2010, 01:08
Please review... I don't think this is how GW ever made it, is it? What is this base? I've never seen it before... Does the dragon come with a hole in it? It's a plastic version...

I get the feeling they changed this dragon on me and didn't mention it to me... I got another one and it was just like the photo on the GW website with the rock base, this one is very different... the base says GW on the bottom but everything looks custom to me...?

xragg
19-02-2010, 01:24
They only thing different is the stick, which is usually a clear plastic rod that breaks extremely easy. The base and dragon are both normal, though the hole may be bored out a bit more so that stick will fit in it. Its not the rock base you normally see with the dragon.

andyg2006
19-02-2010, 01:25
Yes it has been converted. You're right: the current GW High Elf dragon is the one jumping off a rock.
From the first picture, I'd say that it looks like they cut the 'rock'-part away from this model and left the back feet/claws pretty much intact, then made a new base with a stand to give more of an impression of flying.
The green and brown trees/branches could be a GW model (e.g. something like from a Wood Elf Dryad?), but -to me- they look more like a conversion/scratchbuilt.

xragg
19-02-2010, 01:33
I got mine in a trade and it looks exactly like that one except for the base (mine has the rock base). The vegetation on the base is not wood elf bits, it looks like fish tank decoration or some other toy foilage.

Schizzo
19-02-2010, 16:38
I don't think so

JayC707
19-02-2010, 17:03
Thanks guys, clearly it has been...

Does anyone know if I can order the original boulder base that it came with? I can see where it used to be blued perched on top of it. Does GW offer this, or does anyone sell this kind of thing traditionally?

Thanks!

Ender Shadowkin
19-02-2010, 17:29
Thanks guys, clearly it has been...

Does anyone know if I can order the original boulder base that it came with? I can see where it used to be blued perched on top of it. Does GW offer this, or does anyone sell this kind of thing traditionally?

Thanks!

There are a couple vendors on Ebay that sell all kinds of bits. I'm sure I have seen the dragon "boulder" there in the past.

JayC707
19-02-2010, 19:31
Thank Ender.

Believe it or not, the seller had the boulder (WTF???) He is sending it to me now with some extra archers to compensate...