PDA

View Full Version : Counts as and base sizes?

Vermin-thing
19-02-2010, 02:22
I'm wondering about a conversion I'm going to do in the next couple days. It's for my general of my ungor heavy beastman herd. He will be a gorbull but with the models I had in mind the base size would be 50mm instead of 40mm.

I want to do a ungor riding a razorgor as a doombull/gorbull. Now I know that if I put him in a unit I will have to switch his base to 40mm, and if I were to have him on his own would I be able to use the suppled 50mm base? 40mm bases are hard to come buy these days.

I know this might not seem like a big problem but it could prove difficult in tournaments and completive games.

Keeperofthepies
19-02-2010, 02:59
Are you wanting to be able to switch bases?

What I'm doing with my Teutogen Guard models (hopefully) is magnetizing their 20mm bases as well as magnetizing 25mm bases so that I can just plop them with the 20mm bases on the 25mm bases and use them as Chaos Warriors, while still being able to use/lend/sell them without having to strip the bases away.

I haven't quite figured out how to do this yet though.

mrtn
19-02-2010, 12:38
You could try this (http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/mrtnw/Miniatures/Beastmen/?action=view&current=Spawn6.jpg), a movement base that make the 40 mm 50 from time to time. Assuming you can fit the original model on a 40, your first post wasn't clear on this (or maybe it's too early in the morning).

As to getting 40 mm bases, you can put 4 20 mm bases on a piece of tape, add milliput or similar inbetween them and let it dry. Hey presto, 40 mm base!

Sifal
19-02-2010, 13:42
if you know anyone who has ever bought ogre plastics they come with spare 40mm bases. In terms of rules the base should always be the same size as the thing you are representing. so a gorebull should always be on 40mm. Being on 50mm would also be a slight tactical disadvantage.

mrtn
19-02-2010, 13:45
50 mm could just as well be an advantage, depending on what items you have. Terror range is increased (Mangelder), and there's a couple of "attacks against all foes in base to base" items.