PDA

View Full Version : A cheap and easy way to make Uruk-hai Crossbowmen?

bob_the_small
19-02-2010, 19:25
I was just wondering whether anyone knew of any ways to make some easy and cheap crossbowmen for Isengard. They are very expensive from GW (especially since I want 24 of them) and eBay doesn't really have them, except in ones or twos, so I was wondering whether anyone had any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

Sniper Kelly
19-02-2010, 19:48
Hi there,

Uruk siege troops would make a cheap base figure. Crossbows could be made with a strip of plastic with the shortbow from the warg rider sprue stuck to the end.

Etienne de Beaugard
19-02-2010, 22:22
Hi there,

Uruk siege troops would make a cheap base figure. Crossbows could be made with a strip of plastic with the shortbow from the warg rider sprue stuck to the end.

One of the numerous historical manufactures might have cheap crossbows available. Unfortunately, I can't suggest a specific company.

Steam_Giant
20-02-2010, 00:26
Check the bits sites for DE xbows ?

I use them with the Uruk hai pikemen that broke their pikes. ;)

Xelee
20-02-2010, 07:49
Gripping Beast does them, as does Old Glory, even Battleline here in NZ. Frankly most bulk 25mm Historical suppliers will probably have them if you look at their online stores.

scarletsquig
20-02-2010, 12:15
Plastic dwarf crossbows work well, I've played against someone who used those.

Dark Elf ones are probably more appropriately spiky though.

barlio
23-02-2010, 22:21
I just found an easy way last night:

You will need:
*Uruk-hai with Pikes (shouldn't matter on direction the pikes are pointing)
*Crossbows from Empire Militia box set

1. Remove pikes from Uruk-hai and cut off left hand. Trim off remnants of pikes.
2. Slightly trim the Militia crossbow and hand (it's a tad big for an Uruk-hai). Add some blades on Crossbow if it's not evil enough looking for you.
3. Glue Crossbows onto Uruk-hai. After it dries patch any holes between the hand and arm with putty. If the Pike-Orc was holding it up it looks like he is waiting to fire.

These should blend in alright with any existing Crossbow Uruk-hai you have, but if not then they should be ok on their own. Not too shabby for the price (that is if you're like me and you had spare crossbows and Pikemen).