PDA

View Full Version : Las/Twin linked plas Razorbacks?

backslide
20-02-2010, 03:10
in a fit of nostalgia I got my hands on 4 of these, how do people find them these days? was planning to base a tactical squad heavy army around them, perhaps with a dev squad or 2

wazatdingder
20-02-2010, 03:14
I see a lot of lists that use them. Theoretically, I find there usefulness out dated. Practically, I have no experience.

WinglessVT2
20-02-2010, 03:20
Take 8 or more of them.
You'll blow everything apart in a few turns.

Same principle as sisters in immolators, only you have a lascannon and a plasmagun, while they have a linked multi-melta or a super heavy flamer, plus a stormbolter.

druchii lord narakh
20-02-2010, 03:29
its worth the points. plus its variability is rather nice and fits the marines fluff. id take one or two if i had the time to convert it or even the money to by the stuff needed.

WinglessVT2
20-02-2010, 04:11
I own the metal pieces for two, but not a single of the old-school rhino chassis.

Tethylis
20-02-2010, 04:35
I wish I still had some of my old razors. I like the duel role you can get out of the las/plas combo, good for anti-heavy infantry and with an anti-tank option to boot. Another bonus is that it will take 2 weapon destroyed results to take of your main weapons too. Link it up with a powerfist & combi-flame sgt and melta marine then you have pretty much every possible base covered. ;)

SanguinaryDan
20-02-2010, 13:12
It's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most come April. The weapons combo may not generate a ton of fire of but it's just as effective tank hunting as the twin-linked (he still has to make only one cover save against either) and it's much more effective when facing any sort of infantry or TMC.

And as folks have mentioned it takes 2 Weapon Destroyed results to turn you into a short-bus Rhino.;)

Narf
20-02-2010, 14:03
The Plasma/lascannon razorback is by far the best buy at the points.

Its of little use though when facing horde armies, but against eveything else it covers vehicles and elite infantry far better as one choice than alot of other stuff does.

The extra vehicle wound by having 2 main weapons means its a pain for someone to take out, as its still a danger.

My non podding space wolves use 3 of these, with 5 man grey hunters and a WG in each one, flamer and MOTW with a PF & Combi Flamer toting WG is quite nasty, and they are great at staking out objectives, as most heavy hitting things that are used to clear objectives dont like running up against plasma or lascannons.

Overall best of the razorback upgrade options for the price (you buy a lascannon and get free twin linked plasma guns basically) but it depends what you usually play against.

Would be great if GW released an updated turret for them, as non of my turrets have the gunner :(

IAMNOTHERE
20-02-2010, 14:21
The LCTPG Razor is my favorite at the moment.

For a start you need 2 weapon destroyed results to stop it shooting.

SanguinaryDan
20-02-2010, 17:12
Narf: You can use the plastics by using the legs that go in the hatch and building the rest just like you would for a Storm Bolter. Gives you a much better looking gunner.

backslide
20-02-2010, 22:24
cheers guys, looking like I will end up with 4 of them and a TL las razor, may have to get more I just hope this config is in the new BA dex