PDA

View Full Version : 40k and time

rhelsius
21-02-2010, 03:04
I was thinking about how our vision of the game evolves with time. How our approach to it changes with time, in about say ten years, or how some turning points in our lives give us a different perspective about it. Of course, those events will vary from person to person. For me, a glimpse behind the scenes (a brief period working for GW) made me take 40k for what it was, just a game, and as a result I lost some interest in playing and focused in the collecting and modelling/painting part of the hobby.

I just wanted to know if any of you people has ever noticed this change process and if anything triggered it for you.

wazatdingder
21-02-2010, 03:17
My original gaming group was small and all about making our own rules, which really encouraged the modeling side of the hobby. I moved away from my original group and eventually found myself in a larger gaming community that involved playing pick up games at my local store. From there it became more important to play by the rules. Now the focus is more on gameplay and less on the more inventive aspects. I still want to be creative with my models, but it is important to me that I can walk in to any gaming environment and have fun.

Now days it is hard for me to go back to my OG because they are still resistant to the RAW.