PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going Word Bearers/The Sanctified or Night Lords

Aristocrap
21-02-2010, 06:42
So I was originally going to paint my CSM as a Slaaneshi host, but I couldn't bring myself to the sole worship of te Dark Prince. (I like the other gods too!) Besides, I was making a new list with non-Slaaneshi cult troops. With that in mind, I've been drawn to both the Night Lords and The Sanctified fluff. Interestingly enough, these warbands are very different in terms of Chaos worship. The Night Lords don't worship any of the gods and use Chaos as a tool, while The Sanctified/Word Bearers worship the whole panthenon. I've thought of ways to include cult troops in both armies, though. I'm dead-set on Zerkers, as I have a bunch modelled up already. I was thinking the Night Lords could temporarially use Zerekers of another warband as a fear tactic. After all, I'd be scared s**tless if a bunch of lobotomized psycopaths were charging at me! The Sanctified could recruit them as terror-causers as well, maybe as tools for handling the dirty, assaulty work.

Asides from that, I've been wondering what some fluffy units might be for both armies. For NL, I'd say Raptors, of course, maybe DSing termies and winged lords. They favor swift assaults, so I'd imagine them to be a very mobile, fast army. For The Sanctified, I'd think they'd use lesser and greater daemons here and there, because of their nature of worship. Both armies would probably have unmarked lords and IoCG-toting marines, except in rare cases of recruiting/allying with other warbands.

So hopefully you didn't get too bored reading all that. I just need some help with deciding on which route to take and what units to use in each.

adreal
21-02-2010, 07:58
My tournie army uses both beserkers and plague marines, and Iplay Emperor's Children. How do I justify this? Combat drug usage.

So if you're dead set on using your beskerkers, you can use them in your night lords and night lords who are just that hard, same as your sactified. I have a friend who used to use kharne (as a counts as character) to lead his word bearers, and now he uses two units of beserkers and his army is lead by a warp time slaanesh sorc.

So unless you happen to be using the 3.5 chaos codex, just select the units you want to use and then make them fit into your army.:D

Aristocrap
21-02-2010, 08:09
Well put! I'm probably just going to throw the Zerkers in as recruits from another warband seduced into the legion with promise of bloodshed and all that.

Now, I need to decide upon which legion I'm adopting as my primary force.

Born Again
21-02-2010, 11:09
My tournie army uses both beserkers and plague marines, and Iplay Emperor's Children. How do I justify this? Combat drug usage.

So if you're dead set on using your beskerkers, you can use them in your night lords and night lords who are just that hard, same as your sactified. I have a friend who used to use kharne (as a counts as character) to lead his word bearers, and now he uses two units of beserkers and his army is lead by a warp time slaanesh sorc.

So unless you happen to be using the 3.5 chaos codex, just select the units you want to use and then make them fit into your army.:D

Wha....? But I thought having a themed army meant having restrictive list and a bunch of special rules for your army, and that isn't possible with the current Codex: Space Pirates. Maybe the OP should just wait for Codex: Night Lords/ Word Bearers.

/sarcasm.

OP, do what adreal said.

Plague.Monk
22-02-2010, 06:56
I'm looking to do a Death Guard/Emperor's Children army, and my justification lies in having 2 HQs for larger battles: a Nurgle Prince and a Slaanesh Sorc.

I like the Night Lords armor a lot, and the conversion bits help solidify the theme.

Wednesday Friday Addams
22-02-2010, 07:00
CULT TROOPS!! in my Word Bearers? HERESY!!

Plague.Monk
22-02-2010, 07:01
CULT TROOPS!! in my Word Bearers? HERESY!!

Horus Heresy?

Wednesday Friday Addams
22-02-2010, 07:05
Horus Heresy?

The Word bearers worship all the Gods and see worshiping just one god as against the Word of Logar.
Being religious fundamentalists in space they take a hard line on it.

Vampiric16
22-02-2010, 09:41
No reason why you cant have a counts as though. Like an apocathary and his 'enhanced' bodyguard could count as plague marines, or a particularly fanatical unit count as Khorne berzerkers.

KingDeath
22-02-2010, 11:04
The Word bearers worship all the Gods and see worshiping just one god as against the Word of Logar.
Being religious fundamentalists in space they take a hard line on it.

If Cult Troops are good enough for Eliphas the Inheritor then they are good enough for you too! :D

Wednesday Friday Addams
22-02-2010, 11:07
If Cult Troops are good enough for Eliphas the Inheritor then they are good enough for you too! :D

Who is now part of the black legion in Chaos rising....

Ryan814
22-02-2010, 11:24
Doesn't a Khornate champion make a few appearances in Dark Creed, he seems to be a word bearer. My personal way of taking Bezerkers is I paint them in World Eater colours, when people ask how they got there my answer is they just showed up