PDA

View Full Version : Border patrol

BajsArne
22-02-2010, 13:12
It looks like I will be responsible for a little border patrol tournament in a few weeks. Does the rules still work with all the newer army books?

Zetari
22-02-2010, 13:34
Depends can deamons of chaos have a hero under 125 points?

Avian
22-02-2010, 14:37
Yes, their characters are very cheap for what they do.

Lordsaradain
22-02-2010, 17:00
Yes, the Border Patrol rules work, although they might need some modifications, Ogre characters all cost more than 125 pts, but giving the something like a 150 pts allowance will not unbalance the game.

Edit: You're right Agnar.

Agnar the Howler
22-02-2010, 17:11
Thats not what this thread is about, let's not turn this into another DoC whinefest.

Yes, the Border Patrol rules work, although they might need some modifications, Ogre characters all cost more than 125 pts, but giving the something like a 150 pts allowance will not unbalance the game.

To be honest, it's only a whinefest if you've got people picking other people's posts apart for something to argue against. Avian's comment was innocent enough to be left alone, and thus, averting the possibility of a whine thread.

Anyway, I think some books may have it harder than others but it's always going to be like that. I think tweaking some of the allowances might balance it out a bit, but due to nature of the game it might unbalance other things. It's something that's gunna have to be tweaked until everything is as balanced as possible, there's no point in trying to perfectly balance everything in Warhammer.