PDA

View Full Version : SM Chapters other thans BT/BA/DA

Plague.Monk
23-02-2010, 02:38
Such as the Raven Guard, etc. Do any of these particular armies get their own special rules or mind set? Or is it just a way to paint up your army?

fluffstalker
23-02-2010, 02:49
They dont get their own official rule sets, but you can use the vanilla character that you feel best fits your chapter and use them to grant your army that feel.

Raven guard is simple, shrike, then take lots of fast attack or drop choices, mobility, etc. White scars, Kahn, or Bike Captain, bikes etc. The only problem arises if the chapter that you choose or made yourself happens to NOT like fast units, or be a gun-line style chapter, because footslogging/gunline marines dont work well in 5th, despite my attempts to make it work for my own pre heresy force.

enigma-96
23-02-2010, 02:50
Red Scorpions have special rules for them in one of the Vraks books. Don't forget Space Wolves they have a codex too but it's ok that you forgot since they aren't a well known or very competitive army;)

*Edit yeah what fluffstalker said most marine chapters are made by taking current marine rules and 'counting-as' whatever fits best for the chapter, or in the case of some lucky chapters just using the SC in the vanilla dex tends to make a convincing representation of that army

Plague.Monk
23-02-2010, 02:52
Red Scorpions have special rules for them in one of the Vraks books. Don't forget Space Wolves they have a codex too but it's ok that you forgot since they aren't a well known or very competitive army;)

haha I knew about Space Wolves, i figured those were a given :p haha

Plague.Monk
23-02-2010, 02:54
Speaking of the Wolves, do they have any other color scheme besides that steel blue and yellow?

Lord of Worms
23-02-2010, 03:05
People vary between a light bluey gray to a dark grey. The yellow and red dags are company specific. Some people throw in black to those as well.

TheWarSmith
23-02-2010, 05:57
You also have Grey Knights, in the Daemonhunter codex.

Other than that, it's mostly just taking a special character or just theming your force appropriately.

Tenken
23-02-2010, 06:24
You also have Grey Knights, in the Daemonhunter codex.

Other than that, it's mostly just taking a special character or just theming your force appropriately.

This. Honestly GW could have just done this and spare us from having more space marines than xenos codex books.:rolleyes: If I was gunna do SM, I'd do sallies. I don't need a new codex for them, I just take vulkan (maybe, he isn't even the chapter master or anything) and then theme the army with appropriate gear/weapons.