PDA

View Full Version : The Inquisition (DH/WH) - Playstyle and Desired Changes

Plague.Monk
24-02-2010, 01:14
So a friend of mine has played SoB and DH for a very, very long time. I've only seen him play one game, and the Exorcist Tank is pretty sweet from what I could tell. I was wondering what their play style was, like if they're just another SM clone or what. Also, what are some changes people would like to see for them, or maybe new stuff? The Grey Knight models always appealed to me, and a lot of the SoB as well. Seeing as the codex is gone from the website, that could be a sign of an Inquisition book being on the horizon, so I was wondering what you guys thought about the army, and what should appear in the new book.

WinglessVT2
24-02-2010, 01:19
Gray knights are a stand-off army, that relies on its very limited number of land raiders and dreadnoughts to destroy armor.
If push comes to shove, their infantry will obliterate any other infantry in the game almost every single time. Few units stand up well to gray knight terminators.
They also don't mind it if you charge them, since they get bonus attacks regardless of who calls the charge, so you'll see them hiding in terrain, which means they get bonus attacks, and strike before you.

Sisters of battle are just evil if played well.

Both books have access to some extremely subpar and awful 'inquisitoral' units, that no one's ever taken other than as a joke.
Running penitent engines or demonhosts is like picking Dan Hibiki in street fighter.

Plague.Monk
24-02-2010, 01:21
Gray knights are a stand-off army, that relies on its very limited number of land raiders and dreadnoughts to destroy armor.
If push comes to shove, their infantry will obliterate any other infantry in the game almost every single time. Few units stand up well to gray knight terminators.
They also don't mind it if you charge them, since they get bonus attacks regardless of who calls the charge, so you'll see them hiding in terrain, which means they get bonus attacks, and strike before you.

Sisters of battle are just evil if played well.

Both books have access to some extremely subpar and awful 'inquisitoral' units, that no one's ever taken other than as a joke.
Running penitent engines or demonhosts is like picking Dan Hibiki in street fighter.

you know . . . i understood that analogy perfectly

Creeping Dementia
24-02-2010, 01:27
Sisters are arguably the best army at short-range firepower. Special firepower revolves around flamers and meltas, and even their bolters can be more effective than those of Marines when used with Faith. Faith also allows their units to be very versatile, and allow rending (sort of), strength boosts, I boosts, Invulns, Fearless, by using Faith points and passing certain dice rolls. Exorcists are very good, but they're the only reliable long-range support Sisters get without taking allies. Most lists are Mechanized, consisting of light transports, Exorcists, and often Seraphim. The non-Sister units in the Dex are generally overpriced or not-effective at the moment.

I don't play DH so I won't comment much, but they're about as Elite as they come... just a bit overpriced.