PDA

View Full Version : New rulebook FAQ 25/02/10

Cartographer
25-02-2010, 16:57
I think GW just waded intio the Doom of Malantai argument with a firm "NO it doesn't work on units in transports!!!".

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2030054_FAQ_40Krulebook_Feb2010.pdf

I don't have the old FAQ at work, so anyone spotted any other changes?

grissom2006
25-02-2010, 17:04
Guessing your referring to this:

Q. Can Psychic powers be used on a unit
embarked on a transport?
A. For simplicity’s sake, the answer has to be a
firm ‘No, unless the psyker himself is in the unit
being transported’.

Which i had on my old BRB FAQ.

Bunnahabhain
25-02-2010, 17:05
They're doing a big update of FAQs? What are we going to complain about now!

EDIT. How about the fact they've been really lazy when doing this 'new' one. It still includes the FAQ about KPs for guard command squads that referred to the old codex, and is now 100% irrelevant and wrong.

LonelyPath
25-02-2010, 17:05
Yeah, that's on the old FAQ and still has no effect on the Doom since the ability in question is not psychic. Anyway, that topic's been talked to death now, lol.

Eldoriath
25-02-2010, 17:12
Only that they've missed to update the armyspecifik FAQ regarding IG since they no longer have IC in their command squads.

But the FAQ does nicely state that Doom won't work against embarked units. Though if covers saves are allowed will probably be debated still, but it isn't a psychic shooting attack and won't get cover save IMO sinve it falls into "other weird efffects".

Corrode
25-02-2010, 17:14
What's actually new about this one? I can't see anything different from the previous version.

flaminsnowman
25-02-2010, 17:17
Pretty sure the new stuff is in red. It's not that exciting.

solkan
25-02-2010, 18:01
By comparison to saved copy of the March, 2009 FAQ, the changes are:
1. Added a correction for page 41.
2. Elimination of the blue highlighting on the second page of the FAQ.
3. Elimination of the blue highlighting on the third page of the FAQ.

It appears that this is to address the question "If a unit is locked in combat and gets charged by someone else, can they attack the new unit even though they weren't engaged at the start of the combat?"

Gaargod
25-02-2010, 18:18
Not to get into a rules debate... but don't be so sure this says Doom cannot affect units in a transport. I have my rulebook right here, and it doesn't even mention psychic in the Spirit Leech entry, and shooting is only referred to by 'every shooting phase'.

Whether it can, or cannot, is entirely different matter, but this FAQ does absolutely nothing towards that.

Cartographer
25-02-2010, 18:46
Not to get into a rules debate... but don't be so sure this says Doom cannot affect units in a transport. I have my rulebook right here, and it doesn't even mention psychic in the Spirit Leech entry, and shooting is only referred to by 'every shooting phase'.

Whether it can, or cannot, is entirely different matter, but this FAQ does absolutely nothing towards that.

Ah, my mistake. I'm home now and had a chance to compare it with the older one and I see I was just hoping for too much...

Corrode
25-02-2010, 19:50
Pretty sure the new stuff is in red. It's not that exciting.

No, that's additional text which the errata adds. It was in the previous version too. It really does seem like this 'new' FAQ just added the bit changing 'combat' to 'round of combat'.

LonelyPath
25-02-2010, 21:06
The new ork one didn;t add much either, just that Deffrollas also effect vehicles when ramming them (which I always thought they did anyway).

WinglessVT2
25-02-2010, 21:10
I haven't seen GW this active since 1998.

PxDn Ninja
25-02-2010, 21:20
I love their very last answer.

Basically "We don't want to take the time to fix the broken codecies for armies we aren't updating any time soon, so just wait or buy a new army."

Raxmei
25-02-2010, 21:24
It's official, IG command squads are still worth 2 killpoints. Great job guys.

ScItRiX
25-02-2010, 22:51
and when someone tries to pull that, im gonna ask where my command squad is. I have platoon command squads and company command squads. I didnt even think this was an issue. When they removed the IC rule from officers that fixed the issue. What the @#$% is this?

freddieyu
25-02-2010, 23:54
you bet...the IG command squads are not IC's....i think someone forgot to correct this entry when they let it out....thus is another "rushed" GW piece of work...

Bunnahabhain
26-02-2010, 00:54
Yup. 9 months since the IG codex, and a couple of years since the rule book. Very rushed indeed, in comparison to continental drift.

ehlijen
26-02-2010, 01:52
Yup. 9 months since the IG codex, and a couple of years since the rule book. Very rushed indeed, in comparison to continental drift.

Don't knock continental drift! Yesterday the indian subcontinent almost ran me over!