PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk re released this year?

Traitor Legions
28-02-2010, 13:49
Ive heard that GW will re-release Space hulk this year is this true i hope so because i want to get it again.

Exitas-Acta-Probat
28-02-2010, 14:34
that would be good - but i doubt theyll do it so soon after 3rd ed. where did you hear this?

wilsongrahams
28-02-2010, 16:59
If they are to do this, I doubt it will be a straight reprint. More likely it will be an add-on or just the rules available seperately. The miniatures are a possibility for being available too, but the board tiles are highly unlikely as they are outsourced.

And as stated above, this is highly unlikely this year especially as we are only 6 months from the 'limited' production run that occured for release in september.

nedius
28-02-2010, 18:05
What they might do is release the rules as PDFs, perhaps the tile images even. They've done such things in the past.

bigcheese76
28-02-2010, 18:14
I think if the whole of Space Hulk is released again, people will get a bit annoyed at the fact they have purchased the limited stock and limited edition Space Hulk, and now 6 months later, GW will release it again.

puppetmaster24
28-02-2010, 18:31
deathwing expansion anyone?

Llew
28-02-2010, 18:42
Well, I did buy a copy, and I'm thrilled with it.

All GW would need to do to meet their "Limited Edition" tag is to maybe print the other tiles in a simpler way or the like. Since they've already sprung for the cost of the molds for those beautiful minis, it'd be a shame to just let them rot. It would be really smart of GW to re-release the game. It's a good game, the miniatures are great and they really do need to focus on potential "gateway" games to get customers in.

Personally, I felt the game I got for $100 was well worth it, and the idea of it being a Limited Edition wasn't part of my valuation process. I'd heartily encourage GW to re-release it and just make a subtle change or two that would let them keep their word about the Limited Edition.

AndrewGPaul
28-02-2010, 22:50
deathwing expansion anyone?

4 out of the six missions and all but one of the weapons are already in the game.

wilsongrahams
01-03-2010, 05:45
They could do new missions though, maybe based more on Cloud Runner rather than the one ten mission long random thing. They could also do Genestealer missions or just be a general missions book using the 12 that are left from 2nd edition and the 14 from White Dwarf's for 2nd edition.

I wouldn't be upset if it was just a rerelease or pdf though. If it got more people playing more often again it'd be a good thing.

Lord of Worms
01-03-2010, 05:51
I would like to see more races added on. Plague hulks/cultists. Orks. You name it.

Malakai
01-03-2010, 17:28
While trying to find my copy a couple of weeks back I spoke with a mail order troll about this very thing. This is only his opinion of course but he believes that it won't happen. He said the initial stock was gone even faster than they expected, however when they extended the run time to burn off the remaining stock the demand had slowed to a crawl. Basically everyone who wanted a copy got a copy. This coupled with the outsourced tile printing as previously mentioned makes him believe that it is highly unlikely that we will see Space Hulk in it's third incarnation again.

As for supplements, it's my opinion that they won't do this either. I love the DA and would love to see some Death Wing models and rules, but from a business standpoint it makes little sense to make a supplement for a game that is out of print.

On a side note I got my copy of Space Hulk by using the independent retailer list in the back of WD (I know, that list came in handy for once, surprised me too) . Don't pay for an over priced copy on Ebay. Call around and get a copy sent to you.

Destructorn
02-03-2010, 00:24
They could do new missions though, maybe based more on Cloud Runner rather than the one ten mission long random thing. They could also do Genestealer missions or just be a general missions book using the 12 that are left from 2nd edition and the 14 from White Dwarf's for 2nd edition.

I wouldn't be upset if it was just a rerelease or pdf though. If it got more people playing more often again it'd be a good thing.

Hellfury was compiling a pretty amazing archive of every SH mission ever printed, this should be exactly what you're looking for once he's done with it.

wyvirn
05-03-2010, 17:00
Yeah , the local black shirt said that GW was destroying the molds after the run. But he was a SALESman trying to make a SALE, so i don't take that as absolute truth.

HaunterV
08-03-2010, 02:09
they destroyed the molds for the last one

checkmorale
08-06-2011, 15:11
they destroyed the molds for the last one

What?! You're joking! :wtf:

-Check

wilsongrahams
09-06-2011, 19:10
Seems absurd to me to deliberately destroy steel molds that cost a fortune to make - they could have found a use for them some time. Sure rubber molds for metals etc can be destroyed easily as it's cheaper to make new ones than to store them, but steel molds for plastic minis cost too much for such political heavy-handedness which has no positive side that I can see.

DeadlySquirrel
24-06-2011, 21:38
What?! You're joking! :wtf:

-Check

Holy threadromancy, Batman!

But i have also heard they destroyed the molds... which is saddening.

madmonty1945
30-06-2011, 02:29
Played it, and ...well nothing really major expect a Guard rule for Terminators and the introduction of the brood Lord, which is pretty mean.

as for the pricing....A little over the top, but at least the miniatures are a huge improvement from the older ones.

spaint2k
30-06-2011, 04:01
If the moulds were aluminium they would have been sufficient for a print run of 100,000 parts yet inexpensive enough to be scrapped once the run was over.

madmonty1945
09-07-2011, 22:59
Actually the new figures are ok, we have actually been using the older figures, and have incorporated the space marines.
Has anyone checked out miniaturebattleboards.com?, our Space Hulk game was used as a tester, you can see we have used the old Terminators :), great models in their day

Tzar Boris
17-07-2011, 20:35
Was Space Hulk not "Limited Release" over "Limited Edition" - the difference being that a "Limited Edition" would only be printed to it's limitation and then discontinued, and a "Limited Release" would be a print run limitation, but could be re-issued later in any numbers.

As in - at this point Space Hulk is being released with limited numbers - once they're gone, that's it until we decide if it did well enough to do it again.

That said, the limited nature of Space Hulk probably made more for 3rd party eBayers than GW themselves - so I'd say it was another marketing strategy gone awry. I may be saying this in bitter hindsight as I never got round to picking one up, and my only option now is to fork out a good 130 or so for it - unless I can find one of the better deals!

Tzar Boris
17-07-2011, 20:39
^ Sorry, my bad. They said Limted Edition and that it was a single print run.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=3700040a

I'm sure the GW ministry of disinformation can take care of that if need be though!

madmonty1945
19-07-2011, 02:19
It's actually a good game, with some custom "House rules" and using other figures rather than just genestealers, we have created some excellent sessions amongst our gaming group.

As mentioned before we have used the standard tile terrain and when we need that little extra we use our battle board with our walls. This really adds depth.

The fact that GW are Re-running just goes to show how good the game was.
Of course the other thing that could happen is everyone goes Space Hulk mad!!, drops 40K (The Cash Cow) and realises that a good game is a fast game without having to cart around 100's of figures, rolling hundreds of dice, and struggling to find a 6x4 or 6 x 8 table to setup :)

..Long Live Space Hulk and it's simplicity :)

rockgod
29-10-2012, 14:30
wow ive found some great looking laser cut mdf coridors on ebay

Bubblegum
12-01-2013, 10:49
do share rockgod

nedius
12-01-2013, 11:25
these ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-Space-Ship-Corridors-Rooms-3D-Scenery-lasercut-MDF-Set-1-/261145561178?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item3ccd7d085a

not cheap... but very nice