PDA

View Full Version : BA armies which one?

Rhamiel
08-03-2010, 17:53
Ok really for only Blood ANgel players and new collectors (eg. me; don't judge me, i have always liked BA, but not their codex so didn't collect them)

So what are people thinking of collecting with their new codex? i know it's not out but we basically know what's in it.
i was thinking of getting. Mephiston, Captain Rafen, Assault Marines supported by some other cool stuff

but now with all those new HQ's and models. i want almost like evey single new HQ release. Not tempted by Seth, but who the hell is this angel guy? GW have really thrown in some random stuff for the new BA.
i mean i always though Lemartes was the head chaplain. but aprrently not.
i am going to be having so many HQ's. if theres a BA spearhead i may be buying it ;)

want so much, think i'll stick with the assault kind of army, backed up with Baal Preds and some long range anti-tank. it's the HQ area that i'm struggling. any more information on all the new HQ's that i could use to make a rough design in my head. thanks

so what's your plan?

Rhamiel

WinglessVT2
08-03-2010, 18:01
I'll buy one of each plastic box, and mix in the pieces with my lamenters.
That's about it, really.

Blood angels as a whole don't appeal to me.

bringerofdecay
08-03-2010, 18:07
i'm going for angels sanguine, the characters will be representative much like they are in the current 'space marine' codex.

sanguinor
lemartes

will definitely be making regular appearances in my lists :D

plenty of tacticals in drop pods, jump packing DCs and sanguine guards and some land speeders.

Ph4lanx
08-03-2010, 18:07
I'm ordering a box of Death Company and a box of Sanguinary Guard and piling the parts into a few nice conversions for my Blood Ravens :)

WinglessVT2
08-03-2010, 18:13
I predict I'll finally get to make some suitably awesome honor guard and vanguard - which may or may not ever see the table.
Two new characters are also going to be added, because the new pieces are just too damn awesome not to use.

Industrial Propaganda
08-03-2010, 18:16
Not tempted by Seth, but who the hell is this angel guy?

Seth is the chapter master of the fleshtearers.

bringerofdecay
08-03-2010, 18:24
Seth is the chapter master of the fleshtearers.

i think he means that he is not tempted by seth but who is this sanguinor guy (who presumably he is tempted by?)

sanguinor seems to be the BA version of a really hard **** legion of the damned bloke.

Rhamiel
08-03-2010, 19:15
ok thanks and yes bringerofdecay that is what i meant.
i can't wait
but i've heard that aprrently the Sanguinator is an elite

i dunno

i'll choose my final stuff, when i get the codex

i think i'll just get the full FOC, fill every slot and use them to accompany my Sallies in Apoc, then keep growing with what ever i find fun ;)

Rhamiel

MadHatter
08-03-2010, 20:37
I will get several units of each. except the character, which i will get one. One fully complete unit so i can have it as it comes then one or two for conversions. Though I am not sure which i want to build and paint first.

williamhm
08-03-2010, 20:42
Going to rebuild my blood angels. Start with 2 assult squads, 10 man death company and a Librarian in terminator armour with a squad of terminators. Then go for the guys with the angel wings, 2 baal class predators, and a librarian dreadnaught, followed by a tactical squad with razor back. Should give me a nice mix of shooting and close combat power and move quickly across the board.

Icarus
08-03-2010, 21:55
I'll buy one of each plastic box, and mix in the pieces with my lamenters.
That's about it, really.

I'll likely do the same, although fluff is unclear on how 'Blood Angelsy' the Lamenters are. Maybe the new BA Codex would give us more information on that, but that might be too much wishful thinking.

captain of the 1st
08-03-2010, 22:01
collected blood angels since 1994 and gonna start afresh with the new releases..always loved tycho so im thinkin..

tycho and sternguard in drop pod
two lots of 10 assault marines
10 death company
a couple of sang priests
sanguinary guard
baal pred

hopefully this will fit into 1500 with some points to play with.

Brother Nidus
08-03-2010, 23:13
I think i'm mainly gonna go for the 'red' ones. i'm not liking the ammount of gold armour i'm seeing in the new look BAs. A few characters was ok but Sanguinary Guard? not for me. Too much gold plated abs and frilly wings.

I think i'm just gonna pick up a few DC boxes and convert some tactical marines with the fancy bits, throw a couple of Baals in, a regular assault squad and possibly some DC when i can afford it. 20 for a five man squad is a bit dear to me.

Nidus

williamhm
08-03-2010, 23:32
Think Ill paint most of my models white with red and gold highlights except for death company will be black with gold and white highlights. The wings on the Saginaury guard will be black due to mourning. They are the guard of the fallen primarch after all.

TheWarSmith
08-03-2010, 23:59
I'm curious, does anybody know if there will be any other kits coming out shortly? I wasn't sure if they were going to release a BA assault squad kit and tactical squad.