PDA

View Full Version : BA's, anyone else like what they see?

Reflex
09-03-2010, 06:37
because i do!

ive read a few bad comments and even spoken to a few people who dislike.

BUT IM loving it! they look so good!

now i realise not everyone shares the same view, which in all honesty, is what makes the gaming community so fun, fantastic and diverse otherwise everyone would play the same army.

now i just got back into my eldar army, but im this close () to doing a BA army again because these guys look sooooo goood!

just wondering if anyone else shares my view? :D

Jupiter Terminalis
09-03-2010, 06:40
Are you talking rules-wise? Or model-wise? Rules-wise, it's way too early to judge until we have all the final stats and costs in hand, forum histrionics notwithstanding.

Model wise, again I'll have to say I need to look at the models. I'm not a fan of the studio paint-scheme, and the preview models look way too busy. However, they may well be much better in person and with a different color scheme. In any case, I know my Death Company will have equal parts Legion of the Damned and DC models in it.

Blink
09-03-2010, 06:45
The point costs make me feel a little better at what happened in the Tyranid codex...

NightrawenII
09-03-2010, 08:13
By *see*, you mean models?
Well,
The Sanguinary Guard; I'm not sure if its because weapons, wings, painjob or foto, but they look odd to me.

The Death Company
I was under impression, that DC are madmen with dead wish running straight at the enemy. Not bolter-guys with feel no pain.

The Sanguinor
I hate the name, it seems like GW lost the imagination, when it come to the new names. The fluff is a little meh, but the model is fine.

Seth
I would prefer model with some badass helmet. He is the Chapter Master of loyalist Khorne Berzekers.

marv335
09-03-2010, 08:20
I like them.
Blood Angels were my first real army back in RT, although I quit using them in 3rd.
Now I'm tempted to re-do them. I've not really looked at the rules, but I don't do armies based on rules, I collect because I like the look/models.
Seeing the pictures of some of the models yesterday in the GW email has inspired me to do a BA army again.

Rick Blaine
09-03-2010, 08:27
I like the plastics. I'm not doing a BA army, but the Sanguinary Guard will find their way into my other Chapters.

CrownAxe
09-03-2010, 08:31
I am certainly excited.

I went to my LGS to make sure he orders enough stuff for me

Gerwulf
09-03-2010, 08:31
As a 40k fan I like them so far and love the new miniatures.

They got to keep some choices from C:SM that I think they shouldn't (e.g. Sternguard). Also, the whole codex looks like somebody went crazy with adding new stuff, e.g. librarian dreadnoughts, while somewhat cool, are not really fitting as a BA only unit choice (or being introduced as a BA only unit first, before made awailable for other chapters). The stormraven I think is fitting, but would have been enough as a new unit, as are the Sanguinary Guard.

As a SW player I'm highly jealous. They have so many new shiny toys while we got... thunderwolves :mad: But I don't want to get into that discussion. I'm more than happy with the SW codex, it's a great codex (ignoring two units). But I really think somebody went overboard with the BA codex.

Norsehawk
09-03-2010, 08:43
I've been thinking about painting some of my marines (and ancient Blood Angels) up as Flesh Tearers, and this will probably be the straw that broke the camel's back for me. The fact that they made Seth as a model with rules helps a ton as well.

Should be an interesting army.

shabbadoo
09-03-2010, 08:54
Overall I like the models. Some could be batter, as in Seth's pose, his baby smooth face, and his long looking neck. Seth's level of detail is fine, as Flesh Tearers are known to not be ostentatious like the Blood Angels. The Death Company and Sanguinary Guard sprues are my favorites. Lots of bits there that many different Space Marine players of other chapters will purloin. I also particularly like that they didn't go stupid with the level of detail relifef like they did with the Ravenwing shoulder pads. The relief detail on everything looks just about right. Also, kudos for putting actual chapter icons on the shoulder pads(once again, unlike what was done with the Dark Angels Veterans sprues which contained not a single sword and wings symbol). Congrats to all the Blood Angels players out there for getting some highly useful sprues. :cool:

The Death Company
I was under impression, that DC are madmen with dead wish running straight at the enemy. Not bolter-guys with feel no pain.

It seems that Death Company have gone back to their 2E equipment stylings, meaning they can be armed with a huge variety of weapons. That fits well with them coming from a variety of units, and it provides more versatility/usefulness for those who don't want to take the expensive jump pack option.

Griffindale
09-03-2010, 09:07
Seth
I would prefer model with some badass helmet. He is the Chapter Master of loyalist Khorne Berzekers.

If they gave fleshtearers the Khornate bunny helmets I would redo my army right now as fleshtearers.

Angelwing
09-03-2010, 09:10
Good models. very tempting.

Ganymene
09-03-2010, 09:43
I haven't seen the book yet, but the models are fantastic.

It is difficult to resist. The Blood Angels are really starting to look like a painter's army with all that fancy armor and those character models.

This is clearly a good sign for all the armies to come. The minis that come with each new release impress me more and more.

enigma-96
09-03-2010, 10:23
Love the models, like the balance, Meh on the fluff, hate the rules.

I think they went way too overboard on making all these new and flashy toys that really didn't need to be made in the first place. I mean yeah they are pretty balanced, I.E. they're uber expensive, but they all seem to have the thunderwolf feel where everything has to be made of win, powered by uber, and fire white hot awesome. It really ruins what could have been a really good book.

hawo0313
09-03-2010, 10:29
I do they are my first and only army as I've only been seriously collecting for a year and a bit but I knew what i'd go for ever since I saw the blood angels army in the mighty empires white dwarf and as for sanguinor and the sanguinary guard they look awesome imo and the angelic warriors provide another aspects to the blood angels rather than the spaz marines.

dont exactly know the rules yet but I'm getting the impression that they are a bit over the top

Reflex
09-03-2010, 10:40
ok i will admit one thing, im not a fan of the cost money wise of the models. but alas, this is GW and i should be used to it.

I should have clarified in my op, bu i do mean everything about BA'sm rules, models, balance, etc, it all looks good. (apart from money cost.. )

EmperorNorton
09-03-2010, 10:42
I really like the Sanguinary Guard and I'm wondering how much a small army centered around them (and maybe a set of Space Hulk Termis) would set me back or if there is a sensible way to sneek them into my Black Templar army.

e2055261
09-03-2010, 11:00
Nah they're just more marines. Who needs em??

Not gonna wet me pants 'bout em either. Grow some ******** pick a xenos army!

Earthbeard
09-03-2010, 11:01
I like what I see.

Not an army for me, I'm a devout traitor player, a little sad too much BA bling to steal parts from the new kits without a great deal more work than normal kitbashing, but I've had some ideas for Vulture style raptors for my nurgle force :P

ehlijen
09-03-2010, 11:16
Is the game really improved by adding the ability for vehicles to be carried in vehicles to the game? Or an assault transport that can carry more than 1 unit?

I really don't see how that thing shouldn't be left to Apocalypse.

The rest, meh I may not like it all, but I'll keep my faith that GW has some sort of plan, but with that storm raven thing, even I admit that this isn't anything other than a push to get more people to play apoc.

Karhedron
09-03-2010, 11:22
The plastics look nice but the metal special characters are pretty disappointing IMHO. The detailing is fantastic but the poses are terrible.

Sanguinor seems to be shouting "Shoot me!" (considering he cannot join squads that may actually be the case :rolleyes: )

Astaroth is wierd. The pose from the waist up does not match that of his legs, it looks like something went seriously wrong and they stuck 2 different models together at the hips to make him. I love the Mephiston style armour but why that horrible pose? :cries:

Seth is just plain boring. I guess for those who do not want an overblinged character he is OK.

Lemartes is actually OK and a great improvement over the previous version. A clean simple pose showing that sometimes less is more! Currently he is the only SC I am considering buying.

LonelyPath
09-03-2010, 12:25
While I probably won't be collecting a actual BA army, I do have my Death Blades SM army that's a successor so I'll be geting the codex and a few things at the very least. Sanguinary Guard will become display pieces, DC will be VAS and Astaroth will be converted into a Lord in my Vampire Counts army.

CherryMan
09-03-2010, 12:37
Personally love the new minis and see a ton of possibility for conversion work to be done. I have a roughly 6k Dark Angels force that I play as regular marines (simply because the DA dex is both out dated and sux), and have recently started to have fun converting my "counts as" special characters in to a more Dark Angel look.

Will most probably get myself a box of both the sanguine guard minis (the winged jump jet infantry), mostly to get some cool bitz, but also make a converted all plastic captain Shrike to match my DA theme. Also, the "under arm weapons" will be a great way to show that a mini has a "combi bolter" weapon, a one shot slugger mounted on his forearm.
And off course a box of the new death company/regular blood angels assault squad box. Awesome minis, and with a bit of green stuf, and some cutting I bet you could remove and replace most of the BA symbols with DA symbols + it brings as the other box, a ton of bits!!!
And in time of crisis you could always play them with the Blood Angels rules just for fun:D Because, man oh man, that baal predator looks sweet! <- finally a pred that could actually be worth taking!

Sir_Turalyon
09-03-2010, 13:33
I love the fact thay are moving them futher from "Ultramarines with Death Company" flavour and making them more original while keeping them as basicaly codex chapter. Both models and rules seem in BA style, althrough both are overdone.