PDA

View Full Version : What's next?

EldritchRaider
09-03-2010, 07:46
I'm currently in the procedure of creating and perfecting my Eldar forces. But as usual I have already began to ponder- what's next?
Originally I collected orks but turned to Eldar as I think that the only way I want to collect orks is in the Apocolypse setup- so should I go into Apocolyspe orks?
Then I am really interested in having a Catachan or Vostroyan strike force, so should I chose them and/or which one??
Another two choices are Tyranid & Chaos Daemons... I want them both haha but I will have to decide which one to go after first.
So in your opinions what should I do?

Hypaspist
09-03-2010, 08:28
So in your opinions what should I do?

You should do that which interests you the most.

Just ask yourself what you want to get out of your next project?

Are you looking for a completely different play style at the same points value?
If so, What sort of playstyle? Up close and personal combat, Horde, or Resilient hard to shift troops?
Are you looking for an Apocalypse force? (If so why not Eldar?)

start answering these questions yourself and you will have a better idea.

I understand where you are coming from, in so much as you are interested in *all* of the armies, and you would like other people to help you choose, but ultimately, we aren't you. (insightful I know ;) )

Honestly though, only you can make the best choice for yourself in this matter :)

Personally I recently went with orks because they ticked the following boxes
Dead ard in close combat.
Large plastic range, so easy to customise.
Scratch build ability.
No requirement to be uniformed paint job.

get yourself some pro's and con's for each of the armies you have mentioned and you will get your answer
:D

LonelyPath
09-03-2010, 12:32
Agreed 100% with with Hypaspist, draw up what you do/don't like about each army and also keep your budget in mind, Vostroyans are VERY expensive! They're likely the most expensive 40k army out there now (which is saying alot when you think of how much SoB and GK armies can cost you, lol).

Orks are very fun in Apoc, but even more fun in regular gaming, a vast array of different army types and all of them work :)

bigcheese76
09-03-2010, 16:49
In my opinion, you should take your Orks up to Apoc or start a guard army. Of the two guard armies, Voyastrans look the best by far but Catachans will be a much easier and cheaper army to collect as they are plastic. If you have the money, I would say Voyastrans but be prepared to have alot of repeated models in your army, unless you can work wonders with green stuff.