PDA

View Full Version : GWonline.biz no longer shipping outside the UK

Azhrar
09-03-2010, 10:22
Earlier today i got an email from gamers warehouse (gwonline.biz) stating that they will no longer be shipping models outside the UK. I was wondering if anyone knew, if this is GW trying to stop people from ordering from the UK and if other sites will be forced to only ship nationally?

It seems odd that a shop would voluntarily limit their customer base?

Putty
09-03-2010, 11:17
its against the law for GW to even try this stunt because of monopoly laws.

its probably gamers warehouse had various problems with buyers outside UK scamming them or giving them problems so they decide to stop shipping outside UK.

Earthbeard
09-03-2010, 13:22
its against the law for GW to even try this stunt because of monopoly laws.

its probably gamers warehouse had various problems with buyers outside UK scamming them or giving them problems so they decide to stop shipping outside UK.

This! Why anyone would even think it was GW stopping them beggers belief.

Azhrar
09-03-2010, 13:30
To be fair, it wouldn't be the first time GW is using "dirty" tricks to get stores in line. Delaying stock etc to stop brick and mortar shops from giving discounts. I can't say if they still do this, but it happened to a local store a few years back.

But atleast it is good to know, that i will still be able to get my warcrack at UK prices. Aren't the shops relatively well protected against scams? atleast they should be when shipping to scandinavia.

Putty
09-03-2010, 13:44
i think Scandinavia is relatively safer for most UK based businesses compared to Philippines, Indonesia and Italy...

Inquisitor Engel
09-03-2010, 16:39
It could be GW US that told them to stop, rather than GW UK. When GW US made the web orders stop entirely, I was in contact with one of the project managers for the design team at the time and he was incredibly disappointed with GW US's decision, as was much of GW UK.

It could be that GW US didn't want people ordering things in.

wbravenboer
09-03-2010, 17:35
What I heard as response on my e-mail was that the owner had sold his business, so it could be simply that the new owner only wants to sell in the UK? It is not an easy market and it takes a lot of time and effort to maintain a shop like that. But it is a shame, I bought a lot of stuff from them, and was very satisfied with their services... I will try Wayland now, and if anyone has some more suggestions? (I live in Holland)

yabbadabba
09-03-2010, 18:24
Here comes the unsubstantiated, rumour fuelled GW moan-fest :rolleyes:

Have you tried contacting them and asking Azhrar?

Azhrar
09-03-2010, 21:15
Here comes the unsubstantiated, rumour fuelled GW moan-fest :rolleyes:

Have you tried contacting them and asking Azhrar?

I hope my post didn't come off as the above. It was merely a question, since I wasn't sure if this was a new general thing, or just one particular store.

rich1231
11-03-2010, 06:43
There is no external reason why the owner wants to scale back. GW have not told him to.

I believe the owner has other business interests he wishes to pursue. So is scaling back to allow time to be free to do them. Nothing sinister.

marv335
11-03-2010, 08:23
Overseas shipping costs more, takes more time to do, has less secure tracking and is generally a pain to administrate.
I'd bet that's why he's stopping.

panshandle
11-03-2010, 12:30
, and if anyone has some more suggestions? (I live in Holland)

www.blueboargames.com ships anywhere!

panshandle
11-03-2010, 12:37
, and if anyone has some more suggestions? (I live in Holland)

try blueboargames.com we ship outside UK

Azhrar
11-03-2010, 14:56
Despite the shameless advertising ;) i might actually do that since your prices are very fair :) no free shipping worldwide though.

rich1231
11-03-2010, 15:19
Azhar, you mention dirty tricks.

I say this as possibly the largest purchaser of GW product in Europe. They are very very good as a supplier. Professional courteous and above board in all dealings. Its so easy to blame a failing business on a big ugly supplier. But in GW's case they very good. They were good when our volumes were much lower too so its not just because of our size.

That was off topic but felt I should comment as so many times something innocent happens and immediately the forums are alive with consipracies.

Azhrar
11-03-2010, 16:06
Good to hear Rick, It is entirely possible hat there was other reasons behind the bad blood between the shop owner and GW, and that he was just royally pissed off.

thanks for restoring some of my faith in GW.

Mini77
15-03-2010, 04:39
In my experience as a retailer myself or noone I know has ever had a problem with GW's distribution setup.

Some stores will fob you off with excuses about delayed deliveries, missing consignments etc, and whilst very occasionally it may be true, it's far more likely they're stalling you.

To be honest if there's grief between GW and a store, it's probably because they haven't paid their bill.

crandall87
15-03-2010, 09:26
I use Gw Online a lot and I believe the reason for them not shipping outside the UK is that a lot of their overseas orders went missing and it costs too much to ship them all recorded delivery.

mcgeeza
19-03-2010, 12:56
Is anyone else having trouble contacting gwonline.biz or has anyone received an order this week?

I have a couple of outstanding orders from 10th March (about 80 total). One is awaiting stock but the other has been 'processing' since Sunday evening. I've tried emailing sales@gwonline.biz, filled in the web form and phoned a few times but no reply/answer.

Getting a tad concerned. :(