PDA

View Full Version : Ultramarines Movie - Actors we have heard of!!!

Zinge
09-03-2010, 16:58
Did not expect this

http://ultramarinesthemovieblog.com/?utm_source=Ultramarines%3A+The+Movie&utm_campaign=0588a060c7-Newsletter_Issue4&utm_medium=email

Looks like it is being taken very seriously!

Before this I was a bit Meh!

TwoKingMick
09-03-2010, 17:04
Cool. Didn't know John Hurt went to the Dublin Warhammer Place.

bigcheese76
09-03-2010, 17:13
Awesome. Cant wait for the film to be released. There are a couple of big names there.

Idaan
09-03-2010, 17:18
Wow. Terrence Stamp. John Hurt. Wow.

They're both awesome actors with both genre experience and some really good movies under their belt (in Hurt's case both - "1984" is as 40k as you can get).

Though it makes me regret a bit that the movie is an animated Marine piece: the only thing of them you'll get is the voices and even that will be screaming cliche phrases about purging, flame, heretics and Xenos.

I mean, wouldn't it be awesome to see Stamp as an Inquisitor with a Radical bent, Hurt as a downtrodden Adept a la Winston Smith and Pertwee as a hard-ass Kasrkin?
What might have been... :rolleyes:

Lord Malorne
09-03-2010, 17:23
Wow, I am shocked, this may actually herald a bright future for Warhammer films.

Volrath
09-03-2010, 17:24
This film is going to be of very high quality. I know some people who are currently working on facial animation, big name studio who've done big name things, I actually almost worked on it! I do know the army factions involved other than marines...but I cannot divulge anything at this point. Just know it should be awesome!

MetalGecko23
09-03-2010, 17:27
Well I'm getting a little more excited with each piece of news. I hope there is a Dreadnought character that would be awesome.

Lanparth
09-03-2010, 17:30
I'm actually rather impressed by the Cast. Lets hope eh?

LonelyPath
09-03-2010, 17:33
Whoa! Very impressive cast list on the project and I like the look of the design pieces they're released to date. I'm suddenly quite interested in seeing this. I was pretty skeptical at first.

xerxeshavelock
09-03-2010, 18:09
Amazed and impressed.

Odin
09-03-2010, 18:36
:eek:

Wow, that's a pretty impressive cast!

I too am a bit disappointed about the choice of subject matter, would much rather see something Inquisitor-based. Or at least based on an interesting chapter (i.e. any of the other ones).

ED-209
09-03-2010, 18:41
"Gary Martin is most familiar as the Sugar Puffs Honey Monster"...

My money is on this guy playing an Ork :)

Frep
09-03-2010, 18:48
I'm pretty happy to see some recognizable voice talent starring in this, I was expected a bunch of nobodies so this is pretty cool. Also anyone else think its cool that a couple of them have worked on 40k stuff before, aka Firewarrior

Maccwar
09-03-2010, 19:00
Having mentally written this off before it even started I find myself doing a complete about turn. If they have put together a good script this could be really something.

I'm all excited now.

Eoloran
09-03-2010, 19:01
That's some really sweet news. :D

Orkman
09-03-2010, 19:05
Really looking forward to seeing Terrance Stamp as someone in this movie. I see they're even using the actors likeness as well voice acting.

I'll probably only think of General Zod the whole time, but fantastic either way.:D

Kneel before Zod!

Seved
09-03-2010, 19:28
I really like the cast and Terrance Stamp have been a favourite of mine since Soderbergh's The Limey.

Plastic Parody
09-03-2010, 19:31
awesome, just awesome. The danger now is that we are starting to expect something good!

Shadow Marine
09-03-2010, 19:36
Apart from John Hurt I didn't recognise any names, but once I saw the video I was impressed. That have got some seasoned names in there, ok it's not the voice cast off Toy Story! But those people put some genuine clout to the film.

More an dmore I am looking forward to it.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
09-03-2010, 19:56
I liked sean pertwee in Event Horizon and Dog Soldiers. Wonder if he keeps his cockney accent? Not really suitable for a spacemarine tho....

Your havin a giraffe etc...

Lord Malorne
09-03-2010, 19:59
I liked him in Soldier.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
09-03-2010, 20:03
That's because Kurt Russell carries that movie on his mighty acting shoulders making everyone around him look ace

UselessThing
09-03-2010, 20:09
British accents, good good.

Everyone knows space marines are british.

duffybear1988
09-03-2010, 20:14
Steven Waddington - wow havent seen him do anything since Last of the Mohicans.

The voice cast really should make this movie.

Lord Asgul
09-03-2010, 20:18
John Hurt should be the FRAKKING EMPEROR hahahaha His voice is awesome in V for Vendetta

HK-47
09-03-2010, 20:20
This actually look like it's going to really good, at first I sort of rolled my eyes at the idea of a space marine movie but it looks they really taken this seriously.

Helikaon
09-03-2010, 20:21
Sean Pertwee? John Hurt? Terrance Stamp?

Nice, really wasn't expecting such a high calibre of talent. Pertwee in particular is a great VA, i.e. Gregor Hakha in Killzone.

The pestilent 1
09-03-2010, 20:25
British accents, good good.

Everyone knows space marines are british.

Even the ones that patently shouldn't be? :p

DapperAnarchist
09-03-2010, 20:30
Wow... this is odd. Good, but odd. I expected something in the Lorenzo Lamas area of actors... Perhaps William Hurt at best... Not that suprised that John Hurt turned up to the Dublin store though, he used to live in the apartment at the top of the tower on the south end of O'Connell Bridge (above where Redz used to be. Yeah, top two floors of that are an apartment. This parenthesis only makes sense to someone familiar with Dublin.), and his son went to school in Ireland...

Daredhnu
09-03-2010, 20:33

especially the ones who shouldn't be. :shifty:

UselessThing
09-03-2010, 20:33

They may be vikings, but they are British vikings.

SandQueen
09-03-2010, 20:58
awesome, simply awesome

Hero adamite
09-03-2010, 21:04
Now i am even more excited! i really can't wait.

Caiphas Cain
09-03-2010, 21:06
Sounds slightly more promising than it did before. I hope this is a sign of a good movie.

primarch16
09-03-2010, 21:13
Some good actors there! I still cringe every time I hear the movie title however.

borithan
09-03-2010, 21:34
Have people been having problems paying their mortgage or something? What are they doing in this film? Just bizarre...

Wolf Lord of Croatia
09-03-2010, 22:09
Oh, man... I was blown away when I heard Stamp, Hurt and Pertwee will be in it... I cant possibly say how excited I am for the movie... I just hope they relase some stills or trailers or even teasers soon...

thewizard99
09-03-2010, 22:15
just by looking at the actors you can see how well they fit in with 40k lore, wonder if the names they have for them are in the 40k history somewhere.

shin'keiro
09-03-2010, 22:23
If you noticed in the last actor's interview on the video.......

He was using the past tense when speaking about his role... The voice acting is complete i think, but we are only hearing abuot this now.. remember the script was started by Dan Abnett in 2006!

UselessThing
09-03-2010, 22:28
Have people been having problems paying their mortgage or something? What are they doing in this film? Just bizarre...

Being in it is not shameful, but having to do an interview where you talk about how excited you are to be playing a Space Marine is just prostituting yourself.

Orcboy_Phil
09-03-2010, 22:30
What no Brian Blessed?

ColonalKlink
09-03-2010, 22:46
what no brian blessed?

wwwwwwwhhhhhhaaaaaaatttttt!!!!

borithan
09-03-2010, 22:55
Being in it is not shameful, but having to do an interview where you talk about how excited you are to be playing a Space Marine is just prostituting yourself.It was rather painful to watch in some parts.

As someone mentioned the interviews did seem to suggest a past tense to it, which was rather odd.

Revelations
09-03-2010, 23:02
As someone mentioned the interviews did seem to suggest a past tense to it, which was rather odd.
Nothing odd about it, the interviews were primarily regarding their introduction to the Script and Project.

And I'll withhold my judgement till the final product; there were plenty of movies where big names signed on and it still turned out to be a pile of dung.

Although with names like these I'm still wondering why they're going DVD release. I'm thinking more monetarily motivated, but the payoff is lower. Just do limited release and grow with interest, like many movies have done that have succeeded.

jdp
10-03-2010, 02:17
Well Abnett is a proven writer and with this group of voice actors I have to say I feel good about this project. Just give me Dawn of War intro quality for the film fx and I'll be a happy fanboy!

Hashshashin
10-03-2010, 02:54
Well Abnett is a proven writer and with this group of voice actors I have to say I feel good about this project. Just give me Dawn of War intro quality for the film fx and I'll be a happy fanboy!

QFT, I agree completely.

Everything else has alot of potential, but now the final thing is if the CG holds up. Some of the concept renders on the website seem a little game-ish, so I hope it is better than "in-game" quality graphics, if its like the DOWII intro I'd be stoked.

Wonder what the rating is? doubt there'll be any sex or swearing but hopefully alot of graphic violence.

MF3000
10-03-2010, 03:49
Nothing odd about it, the interviews were primarily regarding their introduction to the Script and Project.

And I'll withhold my judgement till the final product; there were plenty of movies where big names signed on and it still turned out to be a pile of dung.

Although with names like these I'm still wondering why they're going DVD release. I'm thinking more monetarily motivated, but the payoff is lower. Just do limited release and grow with interest, like many movies have done that have succeeded.

I don't know much about movie industries and how they work. But I think GW wanted to avoid the big screen release because they think 'somehow' it will reduce the potential 'piracy' of the movie.

Since fans (like otaku in Japan and Wapamerica) love buying memorable DVDs of movies and what not, it makes sense to release the movie on to DVDs (hopefully Blu-rayyyyy) rather than getting them to cough up 16-20 dollars to go sit next to some loser-gamer/hobbyist (sarcasm).

Hell, if the DVD pack comes with posters and special edition miniatures, you got me sold.

sj

duffybear1988
10-03-2010, 04:01
Well hopefully the graphics will be as good as the openning for mark of chaos which was 10 times better than the dawn of war ones. Almost lifelike.

- Human
10-03-2010, 04:19
Wow, I must say I'm very surprised. From the get-go I figured this would be a pile of crap... At least they're starting with some good building blocks. Hope has sprung.

(Hashshashin: your choice of colour makes your post murder on the eyes. i didn't read it for that reason, and I'll bet many others do the same. It's up to you, but I figured I'd bring it to your attention.)

Arbas
10-03-2010, 07:55
Sean Pertwee! Ready yourself for sweary Ultramarines :-

"FOR THE ********** EMPEROR!"

:)

Astraeos
10-03-2010, 08:13
This is some great news, but the truth is I would've bought the film even if it was performed by lesser known actors!

But having good talent on board is always a good thing, so hopes are getting up for me!

Ellythrion
10-03-2010, 08:36

I can imagine it would probably struggle to find a distributor willing to finance and market a theatrical release - this is something a lot of people don't know and overlook when they see a lot of decent little flicks going straight-to-DVD - some big major films even struggle to find distributors when they are made by top Hollywood talent both in front of and behind the screen, so its really not surprising at all to see something fairly small (in the grand movie scheme of things) like this go straight-to-dvd where it will find its audience and market without the mass marketing it would need for a theatrical release which it would even then most likely struggle to recoup the costs for because of its fairly specific target audience.

A good example is the film 'Me and Orson Welles' - it was made by a celebrated director Richard Linklater (who made a heck of a lot of money with 'School of Rock' as a cinema release in particular) and starred Zac Efron and Claire Danes, two fairly bankable stars, and had gotten a lot of very strong reviews, yet it too struggled for over a year to get a distributor and ended up getting a very limited release 18 months after it was ready to be released and made very little at the box office - offsetting marketing and distribution costs it would have been more financially lucrative for that film, like Ultramarines, to go straight to dvd.

Just throwing in an example, having a first class honours degree in Film Production certainly helps hehe!

Godzooky
10-03-2010, 09:06
What no Brian Blessed?

They are clearly saving him to be the voice of a Sanguinary Guard in the Blood Angels Movie. :shifty:

jams86
10-03-2010, 09:26
pertwee appears to be playing the same character he was in fire warrior, unless they've given him the same character name but made him a marine

Devastator
10-03-2010, 09:31
hey guys was the one actor the treeman in lord of rings?

Godzooky
10-03-2010, 09:33
hey guys was the one actor the treeman in lord of rings?

Treebeard was voiced by John Rhys-Davies, who also played Gimli in LOTR.

He was also the Fez-wearing chap in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Brother Loki
10-03-2010, 09:41
The Hurt Locker also couldn't get a distribution deal for around 2 years. Then it got one and won a bunch of Oscars. The movie business is odd like that.

Edit - no, Pertwee played the Imperial Governor, Severius, in Fire Warrior. Isn't he called Proteus in this?

Jedi152
10-03-2010, 10:01
How the hell have i missed this? John Hurt in an Ultramarines movie? :eek:

Since it's animated, i don't hold high hopes.

Sean Pertwee was pretty much a given for a smaller budget British film.

genestealer_baldric
10-03-2010, 10:18
i also think that the fact that marine sounds a bit like a london cockney :)

but i reconised some of these name before i even clicked on the pics iam stunned :)

Killgore
10-03-2010, 10:20
"Gary Martin is most familiar as the Sugar Puffs Honey Monster"...

My money is on this guy playing an Ork :)

I thought exactly the same thing lol

Should be good.

genestealer_baldric
10-03-2010, 10:28
well the pic of space is of macrage now what bit ultramarines events happend there?

and i know this is a wild guess but in the videos of gamesday they had the interview with me and some mates in it all the chatting about nids we did which was alot got cut out, is it to much to hope for tyranid wars. the second Company were they at one of the polar fortresses.

shortygermany
10-03-2010, 13:57
Hmm wasnt Pertwee the one commanding Soldier in Mutant Chronicles that gets captured and was later rescued by Mitch Hunter (played by that Punisher guy) ? I only remembered him from that newer movie...he was also badass there....

Lord Malorne
10-03-2010, 14:53
Yes, yes he was.

htj
10-03-2010, 15:46
Sean Pertwee could play an effeminate poet dying from the sniffles and he would still be badass.

If Sean Pertwee is in this film, then I will enjoy it. Oh, Sean! *swoon*

xerxeshavelock
10-03-2010, 18:17
This is some great news, but the truth is I would've bought the film even if it was performed by lesser known actors!

But having good talent on board is always a good thing, so hopes are getting up for me!

Not me - I only buy films I am likely to watch again and again.

Sean Pertwee could play an effeminate poet dying from the sniffles and he would still be badass.

Liking your style!

Lordsaradain
10-03-2010, 20:19
Nice! I feel very excited abbout this. :D

Stormtrooper Clark
10-03-2010, 21:10
I won't repeat what others have said about the cast, and how great this looks.

Ironic though that this has Sean Pertwee who voiced Severus in Fire Warrior only to have another character of the same name.

Lord Malorne
10-03-2010, 21:55
Nope, its connected.

thewizard99
11-03-2010, 09:51
well the pic of space is of macrage now what bit ultramarines events happend there?

and i know this is a wild guess but in the videos of gamesday they had the interview with me and some mates in it all the chatting about nids we did which was alot got cut out, is it to much to hope for tyranid wars. the second Company were they at one of the polar fortresses.

If i remember correctly, in a White Dwarf Issues way back when( possibly in the 90's and i think the dark eldar jetbike was on the cover, it was in the 200 know that much) ( will find the issue when i can ) did a battle report on the Ice Station Zebra, that is on one of the poles of Macragge, they had the Second Company in that, along with a few terminator squads from the first company, as well as a boat load of Valhalla Imperial Guard, who where stationed there.

TimLeeson
11-03-2010, 10:14
Of course Sean Pertwee is badass, he's the ***** son of the 3rd Doctor Jon Pertwee! The rest of the actors are awesome too..John Hurt, Terence Stamp excite me too and I loved Donald Sumpter who was also recently in "Being Human". Awesome.

I just hope they choose a good terrifying enemy for this one..Tyranids, Chaos Daemons, dark Eldar or Necrons would be awesome. I'd hope it wouldnt be Orks or something boring like Chaos Legions though IMO of course.

Lord Malorne
11-03-2010, 10:15
I doubt Necrons will ever see screen time.

thewizard99
11-03-2010, 10:53
Heh and with this movie will comes more models and a new codex for marines, whats the betting, "now you can have the commander from the 40k movie in your army!!"

Lord Malorne
11-03-2010, 11:00
I bet there won't be :).

htj
11-03-2010, 11:44
If i remember correctly, in a White Dwarf Issues way back when( possibly in the 90's and i think the dark eldar jetbike was on the cover, it was in the 200 know that much) ( will find the issue when i can ) did a battle report on the Ice Station Zebra, that is on one of the poles of Macragge, they had the Second Company in that, along with a few terminator squads from the first company, as well as a boat load of Valhalla Imperial Guard, who where stationed there.

I remember this. If I remember correctly, things went badly for the Imperium.

Coasty
11-03-2010, 12:29
I won't repeat what others have said about the cast, and how great this looks.

Ironic though that this has Sean Pertwee who voiced Severus in Fire Warrior only to have another character of the same name.

Except that he's playing some chap called Proteus.

thewizard99
11-03-2010, 14:16
I remember this. If I remember correctly, things went badly for the Imperium.

Yeah they kinda got decimated by the nids, in the first few turns, some terminators didnt even make it in the game, others, took forever to get there from the table edge, though they did take down a Fex with lasguns : P

Furiosa
11-03-2010, 14:45
Sean Pertwee looks like a perfect Space Marine Sergeant, the head just fits it perfectly, worn, solid and could do a good 'In the name of the Emporer' looking forward to this now, loads.

Odin
11-03-2010, 14:58
I don't know much about movie industries and how they work. But I think GW wanted to avoid the big screen release because they think 'somehow' it will reduce the potential 'piracy' of the movie.

Since fans (like otaku in Japan and Wapamerica) love buying memorable DVDs of movies and what not, it makes sense to release the movie on to DVDs (hopefully Blu-rayyyyy) rather than getting them to cough up 16-20 dollars to go sit next to some loser-gamer/hobbyist (sarcasm).

Hell, if the DVD pack comes with posters and special edition miniatures, you got me sold.

sj

Yeah, considering how bad the smell at Games Day is, I can't imagine I'd want to go and watch this at the cinema without a gas mask.

Awilla the Hun
11-03-2010, 15:08
I always feel slightly embarassed at the thought of these thespians giving up their valuable Shakespeare time to do all these nerdy action films.

htj
11-03-2010, 15:17
I always feel slightly embarassed at the thought of these thespians giving up their valuable Shakespeare time to do all these nerdy action films.

Actor's gotta eat. That being said, the propensity for this kind of thing makes me suspect that their motivations lie in the opportunity to chew the scenery like bubblegum.

Lord Malorne
11-03-2010, 16:52

Your money is just as good ;).

1984Phantom
11-03-2010, 17:53
there are all the ingredients to make a wonderful film :)

DarkMark
11-03-2010, 18:04
Decent british cast, but no Ray Winstone? He would've been THE daddy;) as a marine.

Chem-Dog
11-03-2010, 18:43
Wow. Terrence Stamp. John Hurt. Wow.

They're both awesome actors with both genre experience and some really good movies under their belt (in Hurt's case both - "1984" is as 40k as you can get).

Even more so with Hurt...He was in Alien

ok it's not the voice cast off Toy Story!

And for this alone we give praise to the God-Emperor.

Being in it is not shameful, but having to do an interview where you talk about how excited you are to be playing a Space Marine is just prostituting yourself.

I would be so excited I would probably wet myself....Apparently you can charge extra for that...:shifty:

Yeah it's such a shame when a Shakespearian thesp has to take time out from fiddling with his Iambic Pentameter to play....Jean-Luc Picard/Professor Charles Xavier or Gandalf/Magneto...:rolleyes:

Decent british cast, but no Ray Winstone? He would've been THE daddy;) as a marine.

Or Ben Kingsley...As an Ork...What do you think I am, some sort of ********** Runt?!!!

chromedog
11-03-2010, 20:17
Sean Pertwee has genre experience as well.

Dog Soldiers
Equilibrium
not to mention voice work in Fire Warrior and Killzone (indeed, many actors known to SF audiences do this now).

Not to mention his daddy was a SF icon. Dr Who no less.

baphomael
11-03-2010, 20:36
Well hopefully the graphics will be as good as the openning for mark of chaos which was 10 times better than the dawn of war ones. Almost lifelike.

Yea, that intro was bloody amazing. Truly awesome :D

They are clearly saving him to be the voice of a Sanguinary Guard in the Blood Angels Movie. :shifty:

Seriously, I'd pay good money to see that.

"Sanguinary Guard! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!"

BrotherCaptain_Vladimir
11-03-2010, 21:30
To fire up some speculation...

John Hurt's character is named "Carnak" which doesn't go with the typical Ultramarine Roman/Greek name conventions.
As Dan's having his fingers all over the script, I think it is very possible that Hurt will NOT be a Marine, but maybe an Inquisitor (YAY!) or even the bad guy... judging by the name, a Chaos commander would be plausible.

thewizard99
11-03-2010, 22:01
To fire up some speculation...

John Hurt's character is named "Carnak" which doesn't go with the typical Ultramarine Roman/Greek name conventions.
As Dan's having his fingers all over the script, I think it is very possible that Hurt will NOT be a Marine, but maybe an Inquisitor (YAY!) or even the bad guy... judging by the name, a Chaos commander would be plausible.

Carnak is closer to egyptian, so the chaos thing might not be so far out there. Carnak is a temple in Luxor, one of the most visited places by travellers, only second to the Piramids and the Spynix.

ehlijen
11-03-2010, 22:50
Will carnak have a ripper burst out of his chest? We all know that's the obvious question :p

FlashGordon
11-03-2010, 22:53
Lets hope for a bloody movie. (yeah right...:rolleyes:)

TitusAndronicus
11-03-2010, 22:55
Gonna be pants. I will watch it, and love it. Buut it's gonna be pants.

Arbiter7
12-03-2010, 08:54
I'm betting my ass that Terrence Stamp is going to be cast as a LIBRARIAN. Failing that, as a villain (chaos sorceror?)

Oh and seconded on Hurt being an inquisitor. Would be VERY appropriate. Or also, a villain.

thewizard99
12-03-2010, 10:01
Will carnak have a ripper burst out of his chest? We all know that's the obvious question :p

Aliens/AVP much?

ehlijen
12-03-2010, 11:19
Aliens/AVP much?

Close but no cigar. It's the infamous John Hurt moments in Alien (note the singular) and Spaceballs.

TheBigBadWolf
12-03-2010, 23:49
Quite impressed by the actor line up, but Im afraid it will be as Titus says

Gonna be pants. I will watch it, and love it. Buut it's gonna be pants.

MegaPope
13-03-2010, 10:41
Aww, don't have suc a downer on it. It's got to be better than the steaming heap of poo that was Avatar. Nerd references or not (and the ones I picked up were clumsily done to say the least) the storyline and views it anviliciously put forward were so fatuous that I found myself rooting for the cardboard cut-out bad guys by the end of the film...and they were nothing to write home about either (Rant off).

Anyway, it sounds like the cast were having fun doing this. If this is so, then it gives me hope. If the cast of a film are enjoying themselves, their attitude is going to be more positive and this will reflect in the finished product.

For an example of the effect of an actor's attitude on his work, watch Anthony Hopkins in 'The Wolfman' - he's so obviously phoning in his performance you can almost see the wires. Then compare him to Hugo Weaving, who I think saw his role for what it was and decided to play with it - significantly, his is the standout performance IMO.

In any case, this won't be any worse than standard Hollywood action fare. I reserve the hope that it might be rather better. Okay, it's never going to be 'Solaris' or '2001', but then would you expect it to be...or want it that way?

borithan
13-03-2010, 12:16
Not to mention his daddy was a SF icon. Dr Who no less.
The best one too... but now I am lost just trying to imagine what he would be like playing a Space Marine...

thewizard99
13-03-2010, 20:31
Close but no cigar. It's the infamous John Hurt moments in Alien (note the singular) and Spaceballs.

Yeah i was just on about the arrrgghhh chestbuster!!! thing....nvm : P

Santar
13-03-2010, 21:37
I'm not overly impressed with the cast to be honest. Sean Pertwee is a safe bet for any low budget sci-fi film (bet he doesn't survive to the end... :D ), Stamp is pretty much straight to DVD films nowadays and to be honest Hurt is over rated, what was he thinking with Indiana Jones 4? :D
As for the others I vaguely recognise one of them and the two younger guys with the shaved heads I've never heard of.

My hopes lie in Abnett and the script. ;)

genestealer_baldric
13-03-2010, 21:46
The best one too... but now I am lost just trying to imagine what he would be like playing a Space Marine...

not to ruin things for you but tennent is serverly hard to beat.

i wonder if he trys to turn to a wulfren halfway through the film :p

borithan
13-03-2010, 21:49
not to ruin things for you but tennent is serverly hard to beat.I have to disagree. Yes, Tennent was definitely one of the better ones, but John Pertwee's Dr Who is what Dr Who should be in my mind.

Though David Tennent as a Space Marine would also be amusing.

Lothlanathorian
13-03-2010, 23:33
Stamp is pretty much straight to DVD films nowadays

He's also the voice of Jor'el on Smallville.

And as amusing as Tennent would be as a Space Marine, I don't think it would fly with him giving Orks the option to leave before he nuked them all. I'd like to see Christopher Eccleston as a Space Marine or, more likely, an IG infantryman with one hell of a lucky streak.

Dust King
14-03-2010, 03:23
Tennent could do a great Inquisitor, watch him as a cop in "Blackpool" (minus singing scenes) and he could so do a jaded, manipulative inquisitor (especially with his angry face)

Duoth
14-03-2010, 10:05

They are saving him and Brendan Gleeson for the Space Wolves movie.

Intrepid Adventurer
15-03-2010, 08:34
And all this for a promotional video for the next Marine Codex?! :P

Wolf Lord of Croatia
24-03-2010, 00:42
they are saving him and brendan gleeson for the space wolves movie.

oh yeah!!!

borithan
24-03-2010, 12:04
Tennent could do a great Inquisitor, watch him as a cop in "Blackpool" (minus singing scenes) and he could so do a jaded, manipulative inquisitor (especially with his angry face)Oh, see no problem as something like an Inquisitor, or even an Imperial Guard officer (I don't really see him being a rank-and-file type). A Space Marine, however, just would not fit... which is why I find the idea amusing.

ehlijen
24-03-2010, 13:02
Oh, see no problem as something like an Inquisitor, or even an Imperial Guard officer (I don't really see him being a rank-and-file type). A Space Marine, however, just would not fit... which is why I find the idea amusing.

I reckon he'd make a great Lukas the Trickster :p