PDA

View Full Version : assault on black reach question

Rated_lexxx
10-03-2010, 03:33
are the ork boys and choppers the same (as in modals) as ork boys and choppers sold individually

duffybear1988
10-03-2010, 03:35
I think that the AoBR ones are single part figures or maybe 2 part, with one arm to attach. The ork boyz boxes contains multi part figures where legs, bodies, arms, heads, weapons etc are all separate.

Rated_lexxx
10-03-2010, 03:38
I think that the AoBR ones are single part figures or maybe 2 part, with one arm to attach. The ork boyz boxes contains multi part figures where legs, bodies, arms, heads, weapons etc are all separate.

hmm this could have me rethink what army I am going to work on after finish my necrons and put them in the closet

Tenken
10-03-2010, 03:41
The AoBR orks (and all starter minis as I'm to understand it) are all snap fit, 2 or 3 pieces I think. They don't have as many details and bitz as the boyz box, but you get plenty of stuff in each boyz box that with a couple boxs you can customize the AoBR boyz fairly well. The AoBR orks also ONLY come with choppa/slugga, no shootas.

MajorWesJanson
10-03-2010, 03:42
the black reach snapfit orks are basically scanned from assembled multipart models then made to be 3 parts. If you mix them in with multiparts, they are basically identical.

burad
10-03-2010, 03:48
The boyz are one/two piece, with a single arm to attach. Some are one arm, some the other. The nobz are the same way. However, if you also buy a box of Boyz you have lots of left over parts to go back and modify the AOBR boyz with.

Likewise, you can modify the AOBR nobz with parts from a nobz box. Some of the AOBR nobz are easily modified, based on how their arms are poised. Some of the you can cut the arm off of and replace it with an extra arm from a nobz box, so you can have quite a lot of flexibility overall combining the two kits. Plus some of the nobz guns are easy to modify with a little plastic tubing to be twin linked shootas, and the same plastic tubing can turn an AOBR nobz' choppa into a big choppa just by extending the handle. .

So the easy thing is to get AOBR, a box of boyz and a box of nobz. Then you get the extra parts, the flexibility and the good deal per figure at the same time.