PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Dragon Online Retailer (Aus)

New Cult King
10-03-2010, 04:39
I had to post this somewhere.

For the last couple of months I have been picking up Black Library books and other bits and pieces (minis, Codexes, Army Books) from an Australian website www.gamingdragon.com.au These guys have excellent prices in the vicinity of 20% off (and a code for an extra 5% your next order after you'veplaced the first).

Their delivery prices are very reasonable, and their delivery times to Brisbane at least are excellent - I haven't had to wait any longer than 2 days for an order to arrive from interstate.

They also stock the Pig Iron heads which look rad on IG and SM Scouts, and a bunch of various terrain and modelling equipment, lamps, Rare Earth magnets etc.

I'm not affiliated with them at all - just a very, very pleased customer. If you're in Australia, I strongly recommend having a browse of their site. I'd be surprised if you came away without ordering something :D

lorelorn
10-03-2010, 08:56
Thanks for that - I go to the UK for any models I buy now (regardless of range) since the discount is currently running at about 50% for GW, and 30% for others.

However I generally buy books and supplies like paints locally, so I'll probably give these guys a try sometime.

New Cult King
10-03-2010, 23:02
Even with shipping? That sounds pretty awesome. What site do you use for GW in the UK?

lorelorn
11-03-2010, 09:28
Wayland - I've found them to be super reliable, with a very high level of service.

last order I put through, a $20 blister was $10.83 before postage, and that was a few days before the pound fell off a cliff.

chromedog
11-03-2010, 09:44
Well, Gaming Dragon are physically located just south of the Qld border (and are affiliated with a Gold Coast gaming club as well as their own local one) in NSW, so I would expect their delivery times to be ok to Brisbane.

Yes, I've used them. The couple that run it are ex-Hunter Valley locals and are friendly and offer as good a service as you can get with GW local's pricing. I use them for the odd purchase (but I've been playing for 22+ years and am content with the armies I have, so no huge splurges). They offer 2 day delivery to my neck of the woods too (but 2 days delivery range is to Melbourne as well).

Their discount is good, and a further 5% to return sales is a nice incentive.
They can't fully compete with OS dealers, but that's the fault of the pricing system for GW oz.

Raellos
22-03-2010, 09:09
I've used them, they are very good.

EldritchRaider
22-03-2010, 11:55
yeah I'd use Gamingdragon every now and again, but mostly I'm a creature of habit- I just head up to my local GW every once in a while and pick up a load of stuff/ or not.