PDA

View Full Version : what other new BA models will come out soon?

TheWarSmith
10-03-2010, 05:49
Will the current Advanced order models be the only ones coming out for some time to come?

I'm mainly wondering if we know whether or not there's going to be a BA assault or tactical kit or not.

I'm guessing NO since they put a new picture of the basic tactical and assault squad painted in red for BA, and kept the blue one for vanilla(UM) marines.

I guess if not, then I'll have to use leftover death company bits to make assault marines look like BA models?

blake
10-03-2010, 06:36
Will the current Advanced order models be the only ones coming out for some time to come?

I'm mainly wondering if we know whether or not there's going to be a BA assault or tactical kit or not.

I'm guessing NO since they put a new picture of the basic tactical and assault squad painted in red for BA, and kept the blue one for vanilla(UM) marines.

I guess if not, then I'll have to use leftover death company bits to make assault marines look like BA models?

Except for the Blood Angel Battalion, what you see on Advanced order, is all the kits that they are getting.

You kind've answered your own question with this thread. The Death Company sprue's are going to be where you find all the nifty accouterments for your normal squads, since the DC sprue only comes with 5 bodies, that means you can make Either/Or normal DC or Jump Pack DC, giving you 5 spare backpacks or jetpacks. Also it comes with 20 shoulderpads, more than enough for the DC + some.

TheWarSmith
10-03-2010, 06:43
ok, thanks.

I mean, I know there will be a 2nd wave or something. Pretty sure they'll make a Stormraven model, don't you think?? I need to figure out how to make Furioso and DC dreads.

duffybear1988
10-03-2010, 06:53
well they said they never had any plans to make SW thunderwolves so I wouldnt hold your breath for a plastic stormraven

Baneboss
10-03-2010, 07:19
well they said they never had any plans to make SW thunderwolves so I wouldnt hold your breath for a plastic stormraven

Really? I heard something totally different that every unit in the codex will have a model someday.

duffybear1988
10-03-2010, 07:37
Really? I heard something totally different that every unit in the codex will have a model someday.

I thought I read it on here a while ago, I may be mistaken.

Karhedron
10-03-2010, 10:08
Except for the Blood Angel Battalion, what you see on Advanced order, is all the kits that they are getting.

Nope, no Battalion box planned. GW have changed their mind and are saving box sets for Christmas releases.

I mean, I know there will be a 2nd wave or something. Pretty sure they'll make a Stormraven model, don't you think?? I need to figure out how to make Furioso and DC dreads.

Yes there will probably be a second wave at some point and the Stormraven may well be in that. The other rumour is that the Stormraven will be released when the Grey Knights get redone. If you want one badly enough then consider converting.

The Furioso is already available through direct sales and can be painted up as a DC dread too if you want.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1100054&rootCatGameStyle=

That is the plan, the only question is when. Both the Drop Pod and Wave Serpent had long wait before they appeared in plastic. On the plus side there was a FW option for both of these units so maybe something in resin.

bork da basher
10-03-2010, 10:16
id say it's a big possibility forgeworld throw out a death company dreadnaught or even a librarian dread fairly soon.

the lander i'd have thought would be out with this wave as it's signature release but maybe it'll be a stand alone release later in the year to boost sales in a quiet time of the year.

Karhedron
10-03-2010, 10:49
the lander i'd have thought would be out with this wave as it's signature release.

Stormraven is definitely not in this release, that is confirmed.

taffeh
10-03-2010, 11:07
Sure I saw a FW flyer transport for Marines @ FW Stand last gamesday... Thought I was told Raven Guard related...

Znail
10-03-2010, 11:26
Supposedly so do RAVEN Guard get a Stormeagle while Blood Angels gets a StormRAVEN..

Personaly so I smell something fishy and think that the rumoured Stormeagle sounds far too similar to the Stormraven to be totaly unrelated. Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck etc.

TheWarSmith
10-03-2010, 14:13
Ok, then I'm not gonna wait.

The Valkyrie skytalon seems like it'd make a good stormraven.

deadly claris
10-03-2010, 14:24
Hope and think a furioso will come
or att least a CC arm to make one , really thought they would release one
come on how buys a metall dread

( I converted may furioso from a Ironclad but thats not the same as a new blood angels furioso)

Karhedron
10-03-2010, 14:43
Sure I saw a FW flyer transport for Marines @ FW Stand last gamesday... Thought I was told Raven Guard related...
You mean this one?

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/Dsc01770.jpg

There is supposed to be a Forgeworld open day around the same time as the BA codex comes out. It would not suprise me if the two concepts have been unified in some way. At the very least FW can make a killing selling them as proxies until GW get around to making a plastic one.

TheWarSmith
10-03-2010, 16:09
That could easily go for a stormraven with a bit of conversion for the dread if he's not already modelled for.

Oh, and I just realized the skytalon wouldn't work, but a normal Valkyrie wouldn't be hard to convert