PDA

View Full Version : Games DAY Uk, 2005

Pages : [1] 2

plasmadaemon
23-05-2005, 15:50
So who's planning on going?
i'm going definetly just to buy the new stuff and look at the model preview.
As you probably know, there will be no seminars, but instead the stuff will be displayed on the plasma screens. How ironic. :mad:

btw i think there will be the black templar stuff, assault terminators, new tactical box set, codex etc... Also i think there will be some tau as well.

:confused:

Xhalax
23-05-2005, 18:28
Me...I am.
And I'm under no doubt that the Black Library will get getting their usual cut of most of my money.
Plus I have people to damn.

NetGuru
24-05-2005, 09:24
I got a letter yesterday saying that because im a WD subscriber i can buy my tickets now, so i think im going this year and finally making it my first GD after too long spent in this hobby of ours...

But it looks like im going to have to use the coaches from Warhammer World to get there, and im not looking forward to the trip, has anyone been to GD on a coach from a GW store?

philbrad2
24-05-2005, 21:08
YUP I'll be there. No 1 son is attending his first GD (brings a lump to the throat.. my little lad all grown up.... :cries: )

My new subscription kicks off with the next issue so I may get my tickets then. I reckon GW will flog 20% more tickets this years as the NEC is far larger. Watch out for the 6 parking fee though those driving. Parking at hte NEC aint cheap. I went to see Kylie in April and with the Parking charges it was around 45 with all the charges, the gig ticket was 37.

See you there. Should be able to make the PORTENT meet up this year as there'll be no seminars to attend Grrrrr......

:chrome:

plasmadaemon
25-05-2005, 13:41
I reckon GW ill flog 20% more tickets this years as the NEC is far larger.

Oh no, i was thinking that they will reduce the number of people going because nearly everyone i asked at games day said that they put down 'less people' on the questionnaire that was given to them last year.
:confused:

Xhalax
25-05-2005, 15:19
See you there. Should be able to make the PORTENT meet up this year as there'll be no seminars to attend Grrrrr......

Same here. I missed it last year as I was at the Black Library seminar.

Xavier
25-05-2005, 18:56
Ill be there as usual

ghost21
25-05-2005, 20:42
yup me too

Lord Setra
26-05-2005, 11:03
Ill be there.

Xavier planning to sit and watch the world go by again. Oh and the females :D

Brandir
26-05-2005, 11:50
I'll be there, taking my son with me.

plasmadaemon
26-05-2005, 12:08
females :D

the what ?
:wtf:

Riddy
26-05-2005, 12:53
Ill be there.

Hehe, i believe there may be another person to join you pair in doing that ;)

although i have to say the last time i was at GD the only hot chick i saw was PSD's gf, so if i do go this year i will be picking up a copy of WFRP and all its trappings (If its on sale that is) plus i have a feeling woodelves may be on my 'too buy list'

Xavier
26-05-2005, 12:59
Ill be there.

You know me far to well.. considering you've met me twice..

and although psd will kill me, I agree with rid and the witch elf.. the year after the blonde one in the skirt that half the people there were chasing around was ok

on a side note, say hi to baz for me

geoffkemp
27-05-2005, 09:14
My new subscription kicks off with the next issue so I may get my tickets then. I reckon GW will flog 20% more tickets this years as the NEC is far larger. Watch out for the 6 parking fee though those driving. Parking at hte NEC aint cheap. I went to see Kylie in April and with the Parking charges it was around 45 with all the charges, the gig ticket was 37.

Thinking about going myself.

Though 45 to park ?? or is that 6 to park, being from the south-east that don`t sound so bad (pay for parking by the 1/4 hour here)

Pertinax
27-05-2005, 09:23
I'll be coming over from Norway. At least for the party in Bugmans afterwards!

Lord Setra
27-05-2005, 12:52
Lol will do mate.

Well looking forward to this years GD. Not at least because there will be so much more room.

plasmadaemon
27-05-2005, 13:01
........and so much more people :mad:

Riddy
27-05-2005, 13:37
........and so much more people :mad:

Yea, GD should have a height restriction or something, i hate screaming kids stamping on my feet just to get to the trade stands to buy stuff they could just buy at the local store anyway.

Lord Setra
28-05-2005, 00:14
Lol so true.

Hmm height restrictions could be a btich for the older GW enthusiast who is vertically challenged.

Yes the tide of children racing to the trade stands is quite disconcerting because it reminds you that although you may only be 16, you are still quite above the average age of the games.

plasmadaemon
28-05-2005, 11:15
it's a bit too harsh i think, to make height restrictions, i'm 14 and i look like an 11 year-old :wtf:
GW just needs to make fewer tickets, resulting in fewer people, resulting in more space, resulting in more time to play games, resulting in fun :p

Rabid Bunny 666
28-05-2005, 12:26
i'll be going with the slough lot, so expect mass queue jumping :evilgrin:

plasmadaemon
28-05-2005, 12:31
by coach then? i'm going by coach too.

And i'm afraid that the golden demon queue will be longer now than the normal now :mad:

Rabid Bunny 666
28-05-2005, 12:34
why?

tis lamest

plasmadaemon
28-05-2005, 12:38
because nearly everyone paints a mini for golden demon these days :rolleyes:

Brimstone
28-05-2005, 13:45
Will you two swap MSN addresses and take your conversationes there, I'm getting pissed off with this.

Shuya
28-05-2005, 14:41
i might be going, depends

Pertinax
28-05-2005, 16:15
I'll confirm my GD visit, and if it all works out, then I will be happy to organize the "Portent Temp Forums" meeting and group photos.

Xavier
28-05-2005, 19:47
Most dont like standing in the outside queue for 1+ hours so take a random model from their army so they can get into the arena. Although this year its at the NEC so im not sure where the queue will be, but it will still work the same, the golden daemon entrants getting in earlier that is.

Rik Valdis
28-05-2005, 20:40
You dont even need to have a model, I still remember the year I took an 'invisible ethereal' (that is what I put on the entry form). There is no point in doing that though as the golden daemon queue doesnt get into gamesday 9other than to hand in models) before everyone else.

There is no way the number of tickets sold will be reduced as that will either reduce or remove Games workshops profit margins, and that would mean higher prices. All I want is an extra quid or so on the price to pay for a free can of deodorant for everyone. Anybody who has been there beofre will understand.

Lord Setra
28-05-2005, 20:54
Well our shop (Ayr) is usually the first or second shop there for the queuing thing. So when the doors finally open we are usually the first in.

Rabid Bunny 666
28-05-2005, 21:29
You dont even need to have a model, I still remember the year I took an 'invisible ethereal' (that is what I put on the entry form). There is no point in doing that though as the golden daemon queue doesnt get into gamesday 9other than to hand in models) before everyone else.

i think people used to get in earlier, i remember the year the daemon prnce was released, i was sitting right at the front of the seated area whilst the main doors were still closed :)

my mates went with someone from my store last year, they just followed him and noone raised an eyebrow

Lord Setra
28-05-2005, 22:29
Lol the old "im with him routine".

I remember the year that the khemri were released earlier than expected. I had every box available before the main doors opened.

It was fantastic. And all because I put in a chaos sorcerer that I spent a day on.

Xhalax
28-05-2005, 22:31
Realistically, all we seem to do it make a mockery of the Golden Demon competition by merely entering things we know have no hope of winning (guilty as charged). And all so we get in quicker than anyone else.

Strange.

marv335
28-05-2005, 23:00
i'm going, i've bought my ticket, my mini, and my coach ticket. 63 well spent i think.

Lord Setra
29-05-2005, 09:26
I can see that in the end up, you will probably be quicker just queuing like everyone else becuase in the end the golden demon queue is going to be longer and more of a wait to get in.

Xavier
29-05-2005, 12:13
I blame the weather.. If its raining i'd rather be in the parking bit waiting for golden daemon, than outside getting soaked.. but the nec is probably different

Crube
29-05-2005, 20:01
Still undecided - 25 is a lot for a ticket...

I'm still reeling from working 3 GDs... sheer helll I tell ya, hell... (I'm mentally scarred...)

neXus6
30-05-2005, 00:37
After 11 years of the game I'm still far from decided on if I want to go to my first Games Day.
There really doesn't seem to be anything really making me want to go, the model isn't great, it's a fair amount of cash, and it's one bloody long bus trip.

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 13:44
I found that the long bus trip down was quite good if you had some good company, and a decent collection of DVD's or videos to watch on the way down.

To any one who is considering going to GD, remember that it is in a new location so there is potential for it to be an amazing day.

Considering I have heard that the 40k battle is going to be bloody huge. I think the table was about 150ft but dont quote me on that

Riddy
30-05-2005, 14:17
Pfft, i dont care about the location, just aslong as there is a bar down the road and plenty of seats about the place. On waiting in the que, i dont really care as I dont really intend to buy anything other than the odd forgeworld bits. Oh and anyone coming on the Ayr bus better be ready for one hell of a bus trip :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 14:45
Lol damn you to the highest level of hell. Any of your antics and there will be slaps all around.

On the pub front, I think there could be a sever lack of them seen as we are on the outskirts of Birmingham and next to the motorway.

Crazed_monkey
30-05-2005, 14:57
I'm still undecided about going, it may be because of my closest GW closing down or it may be due to Lord Setra and his 'possie' lol. either way I'll have to think about it...

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 15:01
Damn you Crazed_monkey.

I think you should come, will be a good laugh and I intend to try and gather all the Scottish users of Portent together.

Rabid Bunny 666
30-05-2005, 16:58
hehe, thae vets did that last time

seminars, marines then Pub :D

the coach last year was cool, but the staff were miffed after they gave EVERYONE whippy sticks :evilgrin:

i also won a mumak on the coach quiz :D

alterion
30-05-2005, 18:05
i went last year but mangaed to miss the portent meet up.. i think i was probably on the wrong side of the space marine statue.. i may come again if i can convince the parents to pay again.. highlight last year was a mate of mine who spent the entire day at the conversion conrner and ended up with a 2k army in his bag...

Xavier
30-05-2005, 18:43
I'm still reeling from working 3 GDs... sheer helll I tell ya, hell... (I'm mentally scarred...)

Not that hard working the actual event its the coach trip that kills staff

I found that the long bus trip down was quite good if you had some good company, and a decent collection of DVD's or videos to watch on the way down.

Amen

Pfft, i dont care about the location, just aslong as there is a bar down the road and plenty of seats about the place. On waiting in the que, i dont really care as I dont really intend to buy anything other than the odd forgeworld bits. Oh and anyone coming on the Ayr bus better be ready for one hell of a bus trip :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

With any luck ill be there.. but that depends on alot of variables which you know of

Brandir
30-05-2005, 18:47
Quick question about the GD UK mini.

Does one buy it when buying the tickets?

Or can one only buy it at the actual event?

alterion
30-05-2005, 19:30
i belive you can get it at both though i may be wrong.. but i would advise getting it with your ticket if you do as the last thing you want to spend games day doing i stsanding in another queue.. cause it tends to happen a lot..

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 20:58
Yes I would definatley suggest getting the model when buying your ticket, even though the model is not fantastic.

Riddy
02-06-2005, 14:28
I'm still undecided about going, it may be because of my closest GW closing down or it may be due to Lord Setra and his 'possie' lol. either way I'll have to think about it...

Hey, who said i was a part of a 'posse' i never joined anything, i never signed any papers, i never agreed that it was even called a 'posse', posse is such a **** word, maybe you should pick something cooler, like...i dunno.....team, gang, group, whatever...

Tom
25-06-2005, 20:44
Collective. Collective's a good word.

Rabid Bunny 666
26-06-2005, 00:43
or Portent's G-Dawgs

Lord Setra
26-06-2005, 09:44
I prefer the Warseer Homies, but thats my personal preference:p

Xavier
26-06-2005, 11:45
Or xavier's bitches, I think that sounds cool :p

plasmadaemon
26-06-2005, 12:01
Rending Pony. :p

Pertinax
26-06-2005, 18:01
I'll be there, so you guys better look sharp.

Xavier
26-06-2005, 18:15
yay I get to annoy pert and gamesday :)

Rabid Bunny 666
26-06-2005, 18:33
cool!

i shall attempt to go th the portent meetup( if im not babysitting my 16 year old mate :rolleyes: )

Lord Setra
26-06-2005, 19:46
Lol im 16 need no baby sitting.

Well look forward to see you all there

Xavier
26-06-2005, 20:13
Im the "responsible adult" which is funny... but that is only for the coach and an emergency contact at gamesday.. so whatever :p

Lord Setra
26-06-2005, 20:23
Lol you emergency contact.

God save the small children on your bus.

t-tauri
26-06-2005, 21:20
I'm still undecided. The loss of the seminars is a bummer. Last year's 45 minute wait to get in after the doors opened as the event staff searched everyone's bag in case we were Al Qaeda operatives (or more likely to make sure no-one bought their own cans of drink) was also a real bind.

Maybe it's time for a Golden Daemon entry. :)

neXus6
27-06-2005, 03:09
Im the "responsible adult" which is funny... but that is only for the coach and an emergency contact at gamesday.. so whatever :p

I assume from this that Dundee are getting a bus of their own.
Hmm...maybe I will go. :p
I've never been to a Games Day before and I'm not really sure, I mean as long as I don't go I can still hold onto the vein hope that it's not rubbish. :D ... And traveling down to the Edinburgh Conflict was bad enough never mind a trip this far.

Lord Setra
01-07-2005, 07:33
Woo got my GD ticket through this morning.

Have you guys heard about the speacil deal "buy your ticket before 3rd July and get entered into a draw at GD to win the prize of walking into your store and carrying out what you want"

plasmadaemon
01-07-2005, 08:09
ive heard of it, but i'm going to the english sea on the 3rd :mad:

Xavier
01-07-2005, 11:41
I assume from this that Dundee are getting a bus of their own.
Hmm...maybe I will go. :p
I've never been to a Games Day before and I'm not really sure, I mean as long as I don't go I can still hold onto the vein hope that it's not rubbish. :D ... And traveling down to the Edinburgh Conflict was bad enough never mind a trip this far.

I assume, we might share a bus with aberdeen again, as has happened before.

You were at conflict? why didnt you tell me? what were you entered in? and what army?

Crube
01-07-2005, 13:26
I wont be going.

I worked at GD in 94, 95, 96, 97 + 98 and still cant get the image of thousands of screaming kids out of my head. My psychiatrist tells me I will be ok eventually.

Plus, 25 for a ticket seems more than a little excessive, especially when you fator in the 7 parking fee, and petrol. I wouldnt mind one of the Special Edition Minis tho.... (hmmm 38 for 1 model - nah!)

Pertinax
01-07-2005, 16:36
Well, maybe some of us can pick up a few extras?

Seraph Cobweb
01-07-2005, 19:07
I might see if I can go to the meet-up, despite being a lurker (I can be the guy who no one has a clue who I am :D ), but I might be busy, because I have the ultimate 'get-in-early' card, I'm running a board :p

Lord Setra
01-07-2005, 21:00
Lol there are quite alot of folk who dont have a clue who each other are but you soom get the jist of whos who.

Xavier
01-07-2005, 22:43
I only know a few people from portent who ive met for the last what 3/4 years :)

Setra, your my bitch :)

Riddy
06-07-2005, 10:54
Ok, now i have a choice to make this year, do i spend 150ish plus time on my army on going to the carnage tourny OR do i spend 60 ish going to gamesday, i cant do both and i can barely afford the tourny but i think the money would be worth it. My past experiences of Gamesday have been...less than great but i am still tempted to go as its cheaper and will mean i can spend the extra 90 on a new Wood Elf army when i am down there...i dunno, what should i do?

Xavier
06-07-2005, 11:28
Come to gamesday and go to the carnage tournament with me in march(or was it may) next year :) You could also get wood elfs at gd then take them to carnage

Im planning to get the ayr bus down, so you can have company who isnt a prat like setra :p

Lord Setra
06-07-2005, 12:38
Oh come on there is no need for the prat comments:p

Hell if you are comng down on our bus then the journey should be quite intresting.

@Riddy: Come to GD then go to carnage, that way I can come as well with my Welvies

Riddy
06-07-2005, 14:04
The thing is in March i will be at college and will not be able go to nottingham, it would involve leaving on friday anfternoon, not reaching nottingham till pretty late and then traveling home on the sunday pretty much straight after my last game, a bit of a bitch i must say. I will also no longer be working full time and so wont be earning as much, so it will be even harder to pay for the tournie...meh, gamesday it is I guess.

And i have a feeling there is a need for the prat comments :P

Lord Setra
06-07-2005, 14:06
There are ways around it.

There is the possibility I may be driving by then, so you could get down that way along with xavier if he wnated.

But thats an option you would have to think about.

Xavier
06-07-2005, 15:56
Drive... to England... in a car... with setra... and he... would be driving... the car... Ill walk. ;)

Bah.. K, questions, how much is the ayr gd bus, dundee one is 30, and what time does the bus leave and I will mostly be stalking you till like 11pm or whenever it leaves.. or baz.. oh and what ayr staff are going?

Lord Setra
06-07-2005, 16:05
Right I think the bus is abotu 20 or 25.

You can come to my house while we wait to go and Im not to sure on the staff front.

Xavier
06-07-2005, 16:11
*is tempted to phone ayr*

Riddy
06-07-2005, 16:11
Drive... to England... in a car... with setra... and he... would be driving... the car... Ill walk. ;)

Bah.. K, questions, how much is the ayr gd bus, dundee one is 30, and what time does the bus leave and I will mostly be stalking you till like 11pm or whenever it leaves.. or baz.. oh and what ayr staff are going?

I plan to sit in the pub until the bus leaves about 12ish....hehe.

Xavier
06-07-2005, 16:13
Ive done that whole drunk on the gd bus, it doesnt work.. screaming kids +hangover = xavier kills random small child

Lord Setra
06-07-2005, 16:18
lol someone did that last year on our bus.

he regretted it as well.

Riddy
07-07-2005, 10:23
I dont intend to get drunk, just have a few pints to help me sleep on the bus.

Lord Setra
07-07-2005, 10:41
Ah.

You would prob need all the help you could get, but if barrie is going then you wil get some sleep.

He hates it when little kids jump about on the bus and dont go to sleep.

plasmadaemon
07-07-2005, 12:42
last year the bus journey was very good for me, i was sitting around very nice people and talked to them all the way.

And thank god i took my books/ipod/stuff with me :eek:

Darkness
07-07-2005, 14:40
I'm coming of course. Last time the Vets were at the back of the bus with the kids at the front. Somehow we ended up watching Shrek... :rolleyes:

Riddy
07-07-2005, 14:47
Hehe, i can see Donnie Darko and Trainspotting coming with me onto the bus for gamesday, even if there is no chance in hell they will show trainspotting.

Xavier
07-07-2005, 16:50
I dont intend to get drunk, just have a few pints to help me sleep on the bus.

You are not sleeping on the bus if im going with ayr. Sleep on the way back up

Lord Setra
07-07-2005, 17:46
Hehe, i can see Donnie Darko and Trainspotting coming with me onto the bus for gamesday, even if there is no chance in hell they will show trainspotting.

Damn and trainspotting is a fine film.

We all got the back of the bus last year. Only problem there was some annoying little kid who saw it fit to laugh and talk loudly about what he was going to buy, all the way down to Games Day.

Xavier
07-07-2005, 19:10
There are ways of dealing with kids like that :evilgrin:

We'll get the back of the bus this year :D

Lord Setra
08-07-2005, 09:05
We alwas get the back of the bus it is just what little kids get near the back of the bus that affects us.

alterion
08-07-2005, 10:10
hmm i'm from oxford.. atm don;t look like i will make 06.. the loss of seminars was a real bummer for me and the cost if phenomenal

plasmadaemon
08-07-2005, 15:49
i think GW should reduce the cost of the tickets because there are no more seminars.

I really do think they need to do it. *grumble*

Xavier
08-07-2005, 16:00
Arent the ticket costs to cover the cost of renting the location? the nec is bigger so is more expensive, no?

plasmadaemon
08-07-2005, 16:29
yeh, maybe, But it isn't that much bigger :wtf;

you still have to spend 45 quid, including the coach ticket.

Lord Setra
08-07-2005, 16:36
Yeah. Im hoping that as it is a larger arena, the screaming little kiddies will not be so in you face and they will have larger games and a wider variety of games to participate in.

Bloodthirster90
08-07-2005, 16:41
I want to go but i dunno if i can make it. I will have to start saving...

Lord Setra
08-07-2005, 16:43
Save.

I want to see many people at GD. I think the max amount of poeple from Portent that ever went was like 100.

So lets try and get near or beat that.

Lord Gordonis
18-07-2005, 20:06
im going woohoo got the model i thought it looked okay but thats my personnel opinion lol, got the ticket, coach ticket, plus model and now i am saving to gets lots of stuff this w00t

Where are we going to meet up or will it be sooner to the event that we are going to talk about it?

neXus6
18-07-2005, 21:06
Oh we had a distinct pecking order for the back of the bus when we went down to conflict.
Me and a few of my mates and a couple of older guys had the back, then the cooler "kids" after that, then the middle of the bus was the dregs and then there were more older guys at the front.

Hmm, I'm kind of looking forwards to going down to this. My first ever GD and I've been playing for 11 years.

sanctusmortis
21-07-2005, 22:54
I always used to go by store coach. This year, due to taking my by then-16 month old son (do I need a ticket for him?) I'll probably go by train. Which is good as Newcastle to Birmingham would be nightmarish.

EDIT: forget that. The shortest journey that's viable there is over 5 hours, same back... and I'd get there after 1pm and leave at 9pm! I'll leave the kid and go by coach...

blade runner
23-07-2005, 20:55
i am thinking about going to games day this year. it may be my last also

Xavier
23-07-2005, 21:06
Yay, with the new staff changes at the ayr and dundee store, ill be going with dundee now instead of ayr, but still, be cool at gd and stuff..

neXus6
24-07-2005, 00:10
You hope....:p
;)

athamas
24-07-2005, 18:13
im hopefully getting my ticket on tuesday....

now.. is event horizon too dark a film to ask for?
would it scare the poor little kiddies?

neXus6
24-07-2005, 18:25
Probably...but you shouldn't let that stop you.
:evilgrin:

athamas
24-07-2005, 19:37
hmmm that just requires me to find a copy before then...

i want a copy anyway!

blade runner
25-07-2005, 08:32
event horizon is one of the darkest films i have seen. plus it is very twisted. but the coach that takes the eastbourne lot up to games day never has a tv in it.

Riddy
25-07-2005, 08:43
Yay, with the new staff changes at the ayr and dundee store, ill be going with dundee now instead of ayr, but still, be cool at gd and stuff..

You will be happy to know i doubt i am going anymore...

Lord Setra
25-07-2005, 11:25
yarg you want to put event horizon on for two reasons.

1. For your own enjoyment.
2.The little kiddies will be so scared you aint gonna hear a thing from them, though the faint aroma of crap might assault your nostrils:p

Xavier
25-07-2005, 11:35
You will be happy to know i doubt i am going anymore...

Why not..?

Lord Setra
25-07-2005, 11:39
He most probably has decided that his money would be better spent on a t in the park camping ticket long with the requiered funds needed to keep him drunk the whole weekend, thus leaving him with no money for gd.

Xavier
25-07-2005, 18:29
T in the park is next year.. almost 11 months away...

Riddy
26-07-2005, 08:11
Why not..?

There is really no reason to go, i dont want to buy anything and as i am getting a credit card soon i can get guildership whenever.

Xavier
26-07-2005, 11:48
For the meet up, and so I can kick you in the head ;)

Forgotmytea
26-07-2005, 16:55
I'm definetly going. And, so you recognise me and I stand out, I think I'll wear a black and yellow jester hat.... :D

Jester hat: Should I? Shouldn't I? :confused:

-Forgotmytea

Lord Setra
27-07-2005, 13:41
Yarg Riddy just go.

And to Forgotmytea, wear it. You have to.

nurgle_boy
27-07-2005, 20:21
i only just found that this forum existed....

well, ill be heading along, just shout'nurgle boy' every now and again, and see who turns around.

i can say that ill be wearing all denim, with a puma backpack (too cheap to buy a good one :p) and will be loitering around erm.... 'borrowing' sprues from the conversion competition, and looking at the demon entries.

now to get working on my own....

Rabid Bunny 666
27-07-2005, 22:19
hehe, black shirt with "psycho killer unit, UBER baggy jeans and the white bunny ears :D

Xavier
28-07-2005, 11:43
Clothes. :D

Brother Frog
29-07-2005, 00:58
Not sure whether I can be bothered to go or not. Nothing I need to buy (or can justify buying) and there doesn't seem to be any other reason to go... :(

Xavier
29-07-2005, 01:12
To meet us, so we can hug you and show you affection.. or cover you in silly string..

overload
29-07-2005, 09:52
Id like to go eventually, only problem is know i no is going and its too far..woe is me :cries:

Cant wit til' im allowed to drive :(

Bloodthirster90
29-07-2005, 10:06
ok, first, i'll apologise for my stupid thread i put up...*smacks head on wall* Now, I'm probably going to go. not sure weather I want to be hugged or covered in silly string (decisions decisions)

overload
29-07-2005, 10:36
Do GW have any sort of transport to the GD, i thought i read someone posting bout' that earlier.

Xavier
29-07-2005, 10:39
All uk stores run a bus to it

overload
29-07-2005, 11:16
Ahh, i may go after all, on my own like but still, what does GD offer?Im pretty new to collecting 40k so am dont know what its like.

Xavier
29-07-2005, 15:34
The uk one is the single largest event GW has, the pinacle of the industry etc.

It offers golden daemon, seminars (Not this year though) studio, meet artists, buy preview stuff, see armys that are still many months off etc etc etc etc and the portent/warseer meet up ;)

overload
29-07-2005, 18:06
Cool, if the warseer lot join up would it be possible for me to meet you guys/gals as well if i get to go to GD? :)

plasmadaemon
29-07-2005, 19:50
What do we do when we meet up then? Do we, er split up after the group shot has been taken?

Xavier
29-07-2005, 22:39
Meet at 2pm at the marine statue, then insult each other for like 15 mins then, picture, then leave.

Xhalax
29-07-2005, 23:22
To meet us, so we can hug you and show you affection.. or cover you in silly string..

I'd hazard a guess as to say that would be reason enough to keep away.
Though I know that the feeling I'll be unable to move for silly string when the time comes....but I find myself not caring.

Xavier
29-07-2005, 23:44
Only a little.. all the rest will be for slaz

Xhalax
30-07-2005, 01:04
He'll get you back with the whipped cream though!

Lord Setra
30-07-2005, 19:15
The meet up ah, usually you recognise Xavier for his mop of curly hair and his wandering eyes:D

The meet ups usually bring much enjoyment and laughs, along with the very common slinging of insults.

Shuya
30-07-2005, 19:34
Im going as of today, got a coachticket from GW reading, I havent decided what im wearing, might go with the off the shoulder number :rolleyes: but seriously im going with my four mates, not looking forward to the coach trip, my friends have a nack of drawing on me whilst i sleep

So look for the guy with a drawn on moustche

overload
30-07-2005, 19:41
lol, the only benefit i have of going on my own is i can have a peaceful coach trip there, i love my sleep :p

Lord Setra
30-07-2005, 19:45
Ha dont count on it mate. If your bus is anything like ours you will be plauged with hyper active 13 year olds who have a bag full of sugar treats that refuse to go to sleep.

overload
30-07-2005, 19:50
:skull: Nooooooooo, not the little ones, ah well i knew i bought those horse tranquilizer for something :evilgrin:

Lord Setra
30-07-2005, 19:52
I have tried that, they seem immune to it.

WE ARE ALL DOOMED.

:p

I have found that leaving a trail of sugary treats into a service station toilet cubicle, jamming door shut and leaving them behind helps :evilgrin:

overload
30-07-2005, 19:54
lmao, you may recofnise me then, ill be the guy with the huge bags under his eyes and biting anyones head off if they try to get me off the bus.

Lord Setra
30-07-2005, 19:55
I think I can see a pattern forming.

Many of the people at the portent..Warseer meet up will look similar, thus making it hard to distingusih you:(

overload
30-07-2005, 19:57
Ahhh, ill head straight for the group of people who are walking round' like the zombies....."mmmmmmmm sleeeeeep"

Lord Setra
30-07-2005, 19:59
Yes a very good idea.

I suggest if you are going to try and find us look for me. Im not really distinguishable but I do have the uncanny nack of being able to sleep through much noise meaning I could be one of the very few lacking the zombie traits that the lack of sleep is the cause of.

Darkness
30-07-2005, 19:59
I'll be there. Not sure why I'm going exactly, but I suppose since it's Games Day, it's more or less compulsory. Rather annoying that the Seminars aren't around, since they were my favourite part of GD, but ah well... I'll be hanging around in my 40kforums top (woo!), so make sure to come prod me if you can find me in amongst the crowds.

overload
30-07-2005, 20:02
Ill more than likely be wearing something pretty normal, either a white jacket with a red portugall t-shirt underneath or just the portugal top.........obviosously with jeans or something lol.

Lord Setra
30-07-2005, 20:03
Mwhaha, Im off to prepare my prodding stick:p

Im trying to think what could distingush me from the masses.

Im quite sure I will think of something before GD.

Shuya
31-07-2005, 00:09
considering becoming a walking billboard with Warseer on one side. And "Its all nid's fault" on the other.

Brother Frog
31-07-2005, 00:25
Well, it looks like Ratty Phill, Nazi Stu and Gerbil aren't keen on going, so I probably won't be either. :(

Rabid Bunny 666
31-07-2005, 01:31
What do we do when we meet up then? Do we, er split up after the group shot has been taken?

loiter with intent......

reet then, what time are we meeting up then? 2pm as Xavier said, or some other time?

*confused*

and does anyone know any stores which aren't ann summers that sell bunny ears? Xavier, you and your whipped cream and silly string seem to be in this field of expertice :D

Xhalax
31-07-2005, 01:56
Try somewhere like Claire's Accessories and places that sell jewellery and hair stuff (hair bands and stuff like that)

Shuya
31-07-2005, 02:11
Fun and frolic maybe?

Xavier
31-07-2005, 10:21
The meet up ah, usually you recognise Xavier for his mop of curly hair and his wandering eyes:D

Its not normally curly.. that just happens after an 8 hour coach trip and not wanting a whores shower in a service station..

Riddy
02-08-2005, 15:19
I'll be recogniasble as the naked guy being ejected by security ;)

Lord Setra
02-08-2005, 20:41
Naked:eek:

Lol finally worked out why I will be noticable, I will be near the naked guy being ejected. Laughing my head off.

Brother Frog
02-08-2005, 21:15
Naked:eek:

Lol finally worked out why I will be noticable, I will be near the naked guy being ejected. Laughing my head off.

You'll probably need to bring a magnifying glass and tweezers to truly enjoy the joke! :D

Lord Setra
02-08-2005, 21:50
ROFLMAO!!

O that was good, cant wait to see what Riddy says now.

StarFyre
03-08-2005, 11:25
I am going to UK games day (from Toronto, Canada)...landing at london gatworth airport friday morning 4 am on 23rd...Games day is the sunday.... not sure how to get to birmingham from gatwick :( :( :(

need hotel to stay at that is near the location of the convention...

Sanjay

Xavier
03-08-2005, 13:07
You could walk.. or train..

as for hotels, try going to the NEC's website, normally things like that list hotels near to the arena.

Crube
03-08-2005, 13:13
StarFyre - you're mad... a good mad, but mad nonetheless :D

For travel from Gatwick - NEC by train try www.rail.co.uk

or by coach try National Express (www.nationalexpress.com)

dont get a cab, its about 150 miles...

as for hotels, i think travelodge (www.travelodge.co.uk) have one nearby, or try a search for uk hotels near nec, Birmingham on google (or whatever)

Hope these help

Shuya
04-08-2005, 22:20
Im quite looking forward to it now i think about it.

but if some random person goes up to you and says somthing along theese lines

1st ill go to (some location)
2nd ill go do (somthing)
ETc
ETc

its because i make lists in my head but i always need to get them out so i just blurt them out to random people

Lord Setra
04-08-2005, 22:37
Dont worry about it.

Suggestion I plan to take a Saltire so I can gather all Warseer members of Scottish orgin to me. Also gives folk something to recognise me by.

Rabid Bunny 666
06-08-2005, 18:27
arg!

is everyone meeting up at 2 at the statue?

whos naked?

is there booze?

!

Xavier
06-08-2005, 18:37
In order

Yes

Yes

Yes

Kargos Bloodspit
07-08-2005, 00:11
Just have Xavier shout out Amy Lee on occasion, follow the sound. Its worked for me in the past. Its just a pity i've gotta go to uni that day this year. Ah well, sucks to be me :p. I might be able to swing coming to gamesday next year :p

Lord Setra
07-08-2005, 00:17
Look for the guy waving the Saltire with Warseer on it(still to be confirmed) oh and Xavier shouting at the top of his voice AMY LEE!!!

Kargos Bloodspit
07-08-2005, 00:32
Look for the guy waving the Saltire with Warseer on it(still to be confirmed) oh and Xavier shouting at the top of his voice AMY LEE!!!

Someone should make a digital video for that, Should make freshers week somewhat amusing. Apart from the usual crap you get with computer science students like myself :p. (its one thing you notice on interview days, all the computer science students just mill around and run away at the slightest hint of a conversation, antisocial buggers are we :p)

Lord Setra
07-08-2005, 00:33
I have an idea, I could bring multiple laptops set up a network then we could all talk over msn without ever havin to open our mouths for all the anit social buggers out there:D

Kargos Bloodspit
07-08-2005, 00:36
I have an idea, I could bring multiple laptops set up a network then we could all talk over msn without ever havin to open our mouths for all the anit social buggers out there:D

might be an idea. I got the distinct impression i almost gave nick a heart attack last year just by speaking to him :p

Lord Setra
07-08-2005, 00:39
Lol I cam remember some folk being distinctlivey pale with crooked fingers:p

Looks like this is going to be a good GD this year, new venue new site and a new meet up hopefully with lots of new faces.

Rabid Bunny 666
07-08-2005, 00:39
you almost gave him a heart attack!

dude, i'd put him in a coma, may be a bit quiet then

Xavier
07-08-2005, 01:18
Xavier shouting at the top of his voice AMY LEE!!!

Doubtful, although.. *Gets saltire and lion rampant*

*makes a hat and a cape*

muahahaha

and nick is just scared of me, poor nick :( hes not going this year.. and all my plans are ruined now, I even made him a hat with nick written on it :cries:

overload
07-08-2005, 09:54
lol, which statue do you guys meet up at? Any certain one, or just any?

Lord Setra
07-08-2005, 10:12
There is a huge space marine statue that they usually put in a central position with all the banners around it.

overload
07-08-2005, 10:13
Ahhh right, at least ill know where to go then, well if i remember :P

Lord Setra
07-08-2005, 10:21
Lol it should tell you where the statue is in the program. Failing that head for the random shouts of AMy lee!!

Kargos Bloodspit
07-08-2005, 10:29
Lol it should tell you where the statue is in the program. Failing that head for the random shouts of AMy lee!!

i take it your safe assuming with the move of location that the space marine is ACTUALLY going?

Lord Setra
07-08-2005, 10:39
Yeah its still in the program.

So unless the goblins have got into the press works again its going to be there.:p

Rabid Bunny 666
07-08-2005, 11:07
:D

and could i pay for guildship there :eyebrows:

Xavier
07-08-2005, 11:23

Doubtful, although..

pay attention setra.

Rabid Bunny 666
07-08-2005, 11:37
so just look for a hat wearing cloak :D

Kargos Bloodspit
07-08-2005, 12:44
[/color]

pay attention setra.

we know you're going to do it anyway. Who are you kidding?

Xavier
07-08-2005, 15:12
Just to spite you im not

Kargos Bloodspit
07-08-2005, 15:31
Just to spite you im not

maeh, im not even going to be there :p Ill be too busy gloating over my 8 megabit uni ethernet connection in my room to worry about not being able to attend gamesday :p

Xavier
07-08-2005, 15:57
Uour just saying that, I bet you'll be close to tears

Kargos Bloodspit
07-08-2005, 16:04
ill just be warming up to photoshop myself into the group photo :p

Lord Setra
07-08-2005, 16:06
Lol you lazy smart git with your photoshop.

Make the trip you know you want to.

Kargos Bloodspit
07-08-2005, 23:23
Lol you lazy smart git with your photoshop.

Make the trip you know you want to.

yes i want to, but I cant. The very day of gamesday, i've GOT to go to uni, to get my room and everything else. And the following day is the start of freshers week. And seeing as im going to uni in Heriot Watt, getting back from gamesday would be a middle of the night affair, and i'd get hardly any to nout sleep before freshers week, which would make me more of an antisocial git than usual :p

plasmadaemon
08-08-2005, 08:27
I'm going to be the only 14- year old there :cries:

HELP ME JEBUS!

Riddy
08-08-2005, 10:03
Dont worry Setra's and Xavier's mental ages dont even add up to 14

I also doubt i'll be there, unless someone wants me there so much they can pay for my ticket+bus (Dont get paid until the 25th :( )

overload
08-08-2005, 11:38
Im only 16, so im not exactly that old either plasmadaemon :D, but best thing is i can go on my own at 16.

Xavier
08-08-2005, 12:06
Dont worry Setra's and Xavier's mental ages dont even add up to 14

I seem to remember being the only mature one in our group at conflict..

marv335
08-08-2005, 18:04
how old are you in dog (king charles spaniel) years?? ;)

Lord Setra
08-08-2005, 21:33
I seem to remember being the only mature one in our group at conflict..

AHAHAHAHA!!

Lol sorry had to get that out.

I would say Xavier is the maturist but only because he is a whiny git:D

Im only 16 so dont worry about being young mate.

Xavier
09-08-2005, 04:04
well, 7 x 19 is.. 133 yes, so that old, you damn RAF NONCE

overload
09-08-2005, 13:57
Lot of hostility here :) is it safe to meet up at gamesday lol

plasmadaemon
09-08-2005, 15:26
Well, yes and no, depends on the alchochol level of one.

marv335
09-08-2005, 17:27
i'll bring a lead for xander.... :D

Kargos Bloodspit
09-08-2005, 17:31
Maeh, the security guards should take anything away thats potentially harmful. They seem to quite like searching my bag before they allow me in :(, they let everyone else through though :eek:

Ah well, just be thankful that the store staff in Braehead aren't stupid. Elsewise they'd be taking a tonne of iron in the form of a Khornate Symbol as their banner. Which could of been doubled up as a Battering Ram (much fun it was chatting to the bloke that suggested that in braehead, i can tell you ;))

nurgle_boy
09-08-2005, 19:43
i can conferm that im going. i have my ticket, and will be heading along with a few mates. look out for a fat kid in denim, with a hobbit like child.

thats me and a friend.... if i go ahead with my night goblin suit, look out for the shaman.

Lord Setra
10-08-2005, 16:16
:eek: Night goblin!!

Good to hear that more people will be coming, the more the merrier is that not the saying?

nurgle_boy
10-08-2005, 17:48
i think it is the saying indeed...

Lord Setra
10-08-2005, 17:57
Woo more merry-ness:p

Should get a little list going.

So give me a pm if you going, or leave me to trawl through the pages of this thread to find you all.

Cheers.

Antaeus
10-08-2005, 19:37
Just got my Braehead bus ticket today. We don't need to share with a lot of unwashed Glasgwegians this year :)

Pertinax
11-08-2005, 07:36
My tickets arrived today. So I'll be there.

Xavier
11-08-2005, 17:14
Just got my Braehead bus ticket today. We don't need to share with a lot of unwashed Glasgwegians this year :)

Somthing to be very grateful of

Or their new manager..

Lavfluris
11-08-2005, 19:08
I will be there.

I'll be the one guiding Pertinax around with a leash. Oo arr missy. ;)

Xxcha
12-08-2005, 18:10
I will be there, just ordered two tickets for me and a friend. He better like it (as im paying).

Rabid Bunny 666
13-08-2005, 11:18
i still need to mail order my tickets, damn lateness :(

nurgle_boy
13-08-2005, 17:48
well, ive decided to go in dress up as not a night gobbo, but a nirgle sorcerer..

gonna soak a bedsheet in tea overnight, to get a dirty borwnish colour, and head off to homebase in the morning to get a nise something for my staff.

i think a brooms handle, and 3 baubles, for the mark.

Lostanddamned
13-08-2005, 19:14
I got my ticket today! (finally)

Now all I need is the money and for my minature to come through (its not a games day ticket until the mini is holding it onto my desk...)

nurgle_boy
15-08-2005, 20:36
hey, how about all warseer members do something relative to their username, so they can easily be spotted?

look out for the nurgle sorcerer, thats me, and i think im right in saying, that rabid will be wearing bunny ears.

itd just be so that we could a) spend the day looking like fools, and b) be spotted by other seers.

Lord Setra
15-08-2005, 21:41
I cant do anything for my name short of wrapping myself in bandages and wearing a crown!

I will be wearing a Saltire though, so that should make me pretty reconisable.

Kargos Bloodspit
15-08-2005, 21:43
hey, how about all warseer members do something relative to their username, so they can easily be spotted?

Right ok, and next year they can dress up related to their signatures.

RENDING PONY!!! :D

Lord Setra
15-08-2005, 21:49
Lol that would be a sight to see.

Would you get a two piece suit or a one piece one?

Kargos Bloodspit
15-08-2005, 22:30
Lol that would be a sight to see.

Would you get a two piece suit or a one piece one?

two piece for sure? You want to be the ass? :p

Lord Setra
15-08-2005, 22:30
Hmm perhaps, I will refer judgement till I see you:p

I think this years GD should be really good.

Pertinax
16-08-2005, 14:16

leave me out of that one!

Kargos Bloodspit
16-08-2005, 14:42
leave me out of that one!

awww. please come on, come dressed as a polar bear :D

Rabid Bunny 666
19-08-2005, 17:48

look out for the nurgle sorcerer, thats me, and i think im right in saying, that rabid will be wearing bunny ears.

itd just be so that we could a) spend the day looking like fools, and b) be spotted by other seers.

you guess correct :D

i'm guessing most people (well nurgle boy and Plasmadaemon as well as the mods and stuff) will be in the golden daemon queue?

nurgle_boy
20-08-2005, 09:01
yup! gonna win me a daemon this year!...

or maybe i could make the cut at least...

look out for the chaos sorcerer and bath stores banner.

i hopt they dont use last years bitz of card in the shape of an ork glyph sellotaped to a broom handle...

we need a nice big real banner...

Rabid Bunny 666
20-08-2005, 12:24
thought the Bath Banner was a khorne bezerker in a......bath :wtf:

still better than our nurgle baner :rolleyes:

nurgle_boy
20-08-2005, 12:49
it may have been the year before, but last year was a rather crummy ork banner that fell apart by the end of the day...
ah well, i find out what it looks like soon enough...

Rabid Bunny 666
20-08-2005, 13:01
last year, i was gonna enter the golden daemon, but gave up and went up with the rest of the slough lot, starting a mass queue jump :D

philbrad2
20-08-2005, 17:31

You REALLY wouldn't want to see me in a Kylie costume!!! honestly!!! :rolleyes:

Kargos Bloodspit
20-08-2005, 17:41
You REALLY wouldn't want to see me in a Kylie costume!!! honestly!!! :rolleyes:

but your signature is "watcher of kylie...." so all you have to do is dress up like a stalker. :p

Rabid Bunny 666
20-08-2005, 17:52
omg....

DRESS UP AS AVID MERRION!

nurgle_boy
22-08-2005, 15:00
now THAT would be creepy....

still, 1 month 3 days to go!

(yes, yes, this post was a shameless bumping post, but we need more uk-er's to read it. the more the merrier!)

Lostanddamned
22-08-2005, 20:28
*gets to work developing tentacles*

I must become a mutant.

Or wear a crass t-shirt. one of the 3.

philbrad2
24-08-2005, 12:37
but your signature is "watcher of kylie...." so all you have to do is dress up like a stalker. :p

I'm married (and I'd probably get banned from the site if I put what I wanted on my rank ... :angel:

omg....

DRESS UP AS AVID MERRION!

"Its very scccmoooth yessh?!?"

Think the PORTENT (RIP) T-Shirt will be coming out in honour of the departed one though.

Kargos Bloodspit
24-08-2005, 14:36
I'm married (and I'd probably get banned from the site if I put what I wanted on my rank ... :angel:

... uuh.... <tries to think>

I cant think of anything like that... I wonder...

Lavfluris
24-08-2005, 15:03
I cant think of anything like that... I wonder..."Not a virgin"?

plasmadaemon
24-08-2005, 15:17
I shalt remain in my normal clothes, maybe some bling-bling but nothing serious... :angel:

I really really hope that my lysander will make it through to the second round, or to atleast beat nurgle_boy's standart (har-har :p )

iii likee deeadd chimkiens :evilgrin:

Xhalax
24-08-2005, 15:26
At the very least, I shall be taking my Kermit the Frog bag with me, like i did yesterday.
So if you see someone carrying a big green frog...avoid them as much as is humanly possible.

Kargos Bloodspit
24-08-2005, 16:30
"Not a virgin"?

Nah, thats too light for a banning....

it'll have to be something really really .... well yeah.

Lord Setra
24-08-2005, 16:31
Lol well its confirmed I will have the Saltire drapped around my shoulders for all to see(that or around my bag).

Looking forward to it now, only 31 days:D

And Ive still to buy a bus ticket.

cthorpe
24-08-2005, 19:45
Hi there..

I shall be attending too. my third GD... looking forward to the new location..

Heard a rumour that GW have restricted sales of tickets to 10,000.. so in theory should mean more room to explore..

Anyone else travelling from Cornwall?

Best wishes,

Carl

Kargos Bloodspit
24-08-2005, 20:23
Hi there..

I shall be attending too. my third GD... looking forward to the new location..

Heard a rumour that GW have restricted sales of tickets to 10,000.. so in theory should mean more room to explore..

Anyone else travelling from Cornwall?

Best wishes,

Carl
depends how much more room the new location has. used to be limited to 8000 didnt it? Its a pity, it'd be my 3rd GD too.... Damn you freshers week!

chicodon
26-08-2005, 13:16
Hi all im new ill be going but im a bit confused im 13 and my mate is but it says the all persons attending under the age of 16 must be acompanied by person over the age of 16 so does that mean my dad will have to buy a ticket ? :eyebrows:

Antaeus
26-08-2005, 13:31
G'day. Yup, U-16s must be accompanied by an adult. Have you already bought your ticket? I got the impression there weren't many left when I went into my local Gw to buy my bus ticket.

Kargos Bloodspit
26-08-2005, 13:48
G'day. Yup, U-16s must be accompanied by an adult. Have you already bought your ticket? I got the impression there weren't many left when I went into my local Gw to buy my bus ticket.

When did that come into effect? They didnt get me on my first games day...

Antaeus
26-08-2005, 13:50
The false beard and moustache work every time :evilgrin:

Don't know when it got introduced, I just looked at the stuff that came with this year's Wood Elf-encrusted ticket.

Xhalax
26-08-2005, 15:09
I much preferred the Lord of the Bling ticket we got last year...it looked nicer.

Xavier
26-08-2005, 16:47
It started last year, although I was under the impression it was only for the bus.. But I am probably wrong.

chicodon
31-08-2005, 19:18
:D my tickets arived with the new model its awsome :eek: hope to see some of you there

Xhalax
31-08-2005, 19:37
ok...I may need help.

Can anyone advise me on where to get/how to make a bolt pistol?

Coz if I can get my mits on one....or something like a Flamer or Melta....then I shall be going to GD dressed as a Sister of Battle (and no I wouldn't be showing up dress only in paper so there!)

Kargos Bloodspit
31-08-2005, 20:54
go as a repentia, then you wont need a bolt pistol...

Antaeus
31-08-2005, 20:58
Yip, definitely go as a Repentia, excellent choice *dodges shovel* :p

That's a thought though, I wonder how many people will be going armed in some form. I seem to remember some mention made of replica weapons in the paperwork a few years ago (security issues). Shame, though I understand their concerns: I'm not reallya costume person, but if I can knock up a Power sword or a Meltagun from bits and bobs, I'll bring it along :)

Xhalax
31-08-2005, 22:58
No!

No Repentia. I already told you all, I'm not going dressed only in parchment and leather straps. It's too hideous to even contemplate!

Brother Frog
31-08-2005, 23:10
No!

No Repentia. I already told you all, I'm not going dressed only in parchment and leather straps. It's too hideous to even contemplate!

I can understand that. Teenage male hormones x 10000 is never a good (or unsmelly) thing.

However, if you want to send me photos of you in the Repentia gear, I'll see that they get a good home... :o