PDA

View Full Version : Triple or Quad Dragon High Elf

Smiling Banshee
11-03-2010, 16:23
For the first time ever I used a double dragon High Elf list last night. It played really well, i thoughrt I would be limiting myself a bit.

I got thinking on the way home that it would be possible to make a triple dragon and maybe even a quad dragon list at 2000pts.

Im not interested whether you think this would be beardy or overpowered etc. Im just curious to hear if anyone has ever gone to the extreme of fielding such a force. Have you ever come up against one?

Im not about to go and spend another £60 on dragons for the chance to possibly alienate my regular gaming buddies but Im just ineterested to see if its ever come up.

bigcheese76
11-03-2010, 16:26
Im pretty sure I met someone at my local GW with a set up like that. One of his dragons was the huge FW one.

Jack of Blades
11-03-2010, 16:26
Not sure how you're going to do this what with dragons costing an additional hero slot and all. What are the details?

Dantès
11-03-2010, 16:27
For the first time ever I used a double dragon High Elf list last night. It played really well, i thoughrt I would be limiting myself a bit.

I got thinking on the way home that it would be possible to make a triple dragon and maybe even a quad dragon list at 2000pts.

Im not interested whether you think this would be beardy or overpowered etc. Im just curious to hear if anyone has ever gone to the extreme of fielding such a force. Have you ever come up against one?

Im not about to go and spend another £60 on dragons for the chance to possibly alienate my regular gaming buddies but Im just ineterested to see if its ever come up.

Don't dragons also take up a Hero slot?

At 2000 points, I think 3 is the max dragons you can take...

Lord on Dragon, Dragon Mage, and the RoR Dragon rider, as he only counts as one hero choice, and one rare choice.

I could be mistaken. If Dragons don't count as heros, then you can take 3 dragon mages and a cheap lord, at what, 1600 without any upgrades or any units?

Smiling Banshee
11-03-2010, 16:30
Ah of course totally forgot about dragons taking up the extra hero slot.

Dantès
11-03-2010, 16:37

So that makes three the max @ 2k...Lord on Dragon, and Dragon Mage are 3 slots. The RoR Dragon rider takes one hero slot and one rare slot.

1 lord, 4 heros, and 1 rare. That's legal, right? :p

Smiling Banshee
11-03-2010, 16:41
RoR Dragon ??? Whats this?

riotknight
So that makes three the max @ 2k...Lord on Dragon, and Dragon Mage are 3 slots. The RoR Dragon rider takes one hero slot and one rare slot.

1 Lord, 3 heroes, but 4 total "heroe/Lord" Choices. So at 2k-2999 you can have a max of 2 Dragon characters (not counting the RoR one)

BigbyWolf

Nope. 1 lord, 3 heros is max. So all you can have is Lord on Dragon and Dragon MAge in 2k.

Regiment of Renown- Arasnil the Dragonlod, a DoW unit.

Dantès
11-03-2010, 16:44
Aww :(

I never take a Lord, so I don't really know how that works :p

Condottiere
11-03-2010, 16:52
Four Dragons - 4000 points

Three Star Dragons, One Dragon Mage; or Two Star Dragons, Archmage/Moon, Dragon mage.

Arsanil would need two hero slots and one rare slot.

Urgat
11-03-2010, 17:02
Since two people already failed to spell it, it's Asarnil, and he's a dragonlord.
Just in case...

Sygerrik
11-03-2010, 18:25

Mystery solved!:p

BigbyWolf
11-03-2010, 18:35
Since two people already failed to spell it, it's Asarnil, and he's a dragonlord.
Just in case...

Corrected on my English by a Frenchman...the shame! :cries:

Although forgetting his name I can be forgiven for, to claim he was a Dragonlod is unforgivable! If my head wasn't already shaved I'd do it, but you can forget about me sporting a ginger mohawk...

Condottiere
11-03-2010, 18:51
Well, it's a take off on Arsenal, and remembering all the spelling deviations from GW isn't always pragmatic.

Ethriel
11-03-2010, 22:10
You can possibly pull off 3, it's just that 2000pts is too small a point value.

1. Lord on Dragon (lord + hero)

2. Dragon Mage (Hero x2)

3. Forgeworld Dragon (2 rare)

The only problem is that I think it's over 2000pts and you have no core.

Stuffburger
11-03-2010, 22:30
Also, forgeworld's rules are pretty dubious. It certainly wouldn't be allowed in a tournament and you'll have to ask your opponent ahead of time for a friendly game.

ChaosVC
12-03-2010, 01:04
The answer is no.

Havock
12-03-2010, 03:15
Also, forgeworld's rules are pretty dubious. It certainly wouldn't be allowed in a tournament and you'll have to ask your opponent ahead of time for a friendly game.

about a 1000 pts for a really monstrous statline. If you have one you would be obliged to do it at least once 'because you can'.
You could even only take one and play a game of 'how many empire halberdiers does it take to...' :p

belgarath97
12-03-2010, 04:08

Dragons take a hero slot, thus at 2000 points, you can only field 2. This is pretty clearly stated in your armybook.

belgarath97
12-03-2010, 04:13
Oh my f-ing god. Do you all not realize that there are only 4 character slots available at 2000 points!!!!!!!! So you can only field 2 dragons, one a lord on dragon, and one a draonmage.

1st character Lord
2nd carachter lord's Dragon
3rd character Dragonmage
4th character Dragonmage's Dragon

End of line....

Raffazza
12-03-2010, 10:20
Or to be fair, you could take 2 Dragonmages...

But amazed this got onto its second page... As black and white and clear-cut as it gets...

Stuffburger
12-03-2010, 15:27
about a 1000 pts for a really monstrous statline. If you have one you would be obliged to do it at least once 'because you can'.
You could even only take one and play a game of 'how many empire halberdiers does it take to...' :p

Hahaha, now that would be fun. I don't have my book with me but can S4 even wound T8? Maybe a rear charge coupled with some awful rolls...

Condottiere
12-03-2010, 16:08
Are these the famous Emperor Dragons? I don't think you should see them outside an Apocalypse type battle. But then, I would expect to see a lot of monstrosities there.

Smiling Banshee
12-03-2010, 16:11
Oh my f-ing god

Any need for this. Answer was established quite a bit earlier in the topic so can't understand the need.

Seems to me for every helpful member of the community on here there are equally just as many who like to jump on a post an get excited all too quickly.

I made a simple mistake about hero slots. Nothing more.

LaughinGremlin
12-03-2010, 19:20
Corrected on my English by a Frenchman...the shame! :cries:

Although forgetting his name I can be forgiven for, to claim he was a Dragonlod is unforgivable! If my head wasn't already shaved I'd do it, but you can forget about me sporting a ginger mohawk...

That's OK. "Asarnil" isn't English. I presume that it is Velvet Elvish.