PDA

View Full Version : So yeah....

Ulrig
12-03-2010, 08:44
I now play 40k

I used to play warhammer fantasy back in the day. Played dark elves, had pretty much a massive massive mostly painted army. I thought it was painted well at the time but I now realize it was awful. I stopped playing right before GW released malekith and his chariot/w cold ones. Sold everything. I got sick of uber characters with magic items taking out entire armies.

So i was looking through the fantasy armies, to see all what has changed over the years. Surprisingly there are still some of the models available today that I used to own back then.

This thread does have a point though....
What the hell happened to the necromancer-undead army? Nagash and all that?

Peregijn
12-03-2010, 08:57
not much changed: uber characters with magic items can still take out entire armies... althoug not as good as they used to.

and i don't know the fluff about Nagash but i fased him once when i was starting the hobby... he singelhandedly dystroyed my armie. that guy was awsome. to bad 5th eddition was the last one he could participat in battles.

i would love to see a campain with this setup: al the warhammer fanatsie armies get one of there strongest, fluffiest) special chars back.
Nagash for vampire counts/tombkings
sigmar for the empire
big bad first spawning toad foor the lizzard man
(dont know any other)

Condottiere
12-03-2010, 09:06
As things stand, the only undead forces are led by Tomb Kings and Vampires; Nagash and Necromancer Lords languish in the featureless vaults of GW limbo.

snurl
12-03-2010, 09:10
Heinrich Kimmler has joined them as well.

brendel
12-03-2010, 13:10

He will be back, he always comes back.

Fruhauf
12-03-2010, 14:06
He is still available to purchase as a collector's item from the GW online shop. I guess you would have to play him as something else though.

Nuada
12-03-2010, 14:16
I got sick of uber characters with magic items taking out entire armies.

You and your opponent(s) should have limited the magic items or magic if you prefer a game where units will win you the game. :) It is possible with dark elves.

I've had quite a few games with no magic items or magic. They're always my favourite games, although that's my personal preference.

sigur
12-03-2010, 16:14

They changed it to a rather lame vampire-led undead army and their sandy brethen, the egyptian-themed undead who are led by priests. But no more classic horrormovie undead. :(

Condottiere
12-03-2010, 16:26
Well, like I pointed out in another thread, while your general has stats and equipment like a Vampire, you could proxy in another model and declare him a Necromancer Lord (after informing your opponent of the switch).