PDA

View Full Version : Props to GW!

senorcardgage
12-03-2010, 15:25
Hey guys, I just bought one of the new Ork Deff Dreads yesterday and I am very pleased with it. They did a top notch job on this one.

Just wanted to post a little positivity in light of all the BA negativity going on. Who cares if you lose as long as you look awesome doing it? :D

Hypaspist
12-03-2010, 15:28
Thats thoroughly encouraging :)

I plan to make my Killa Kans tonight... :shifty:

I am going to look forward to doing it just that little bit more now :D

Vepr
12-03-2010, 15:29
Hey guys, I just bought one of the new Ork Deff Dreads yesterday and I am very pleased with it. They did a top notch job on this one.

Just wanted to post a little positivity in light of all the BA negativity going on. Who cares if you lose as long as you look awesome doing it? :D

Says the ork player. You guys get all the pretty models. Have you seen the biovore? :cries: :p

htj
12-03-2010, 15:38
Says the ork player. You guys get all the pretty models. Have you seen the biovore? :cries: :p

Third post... Pretty slow by Warseer standards.

Vepr
12-03-2010, 16:02
Third post... Pretty slow by Warseer standards.

It was a joke hence the smiley at the end! Every one around here always has their knickers in a bunch. :p

Malorian
12-03-2010, 16:05
Yup those new ork models are great, and really orks have always had good models.

Anyway, looking forward to the new target for my lascannons :evilgrin:

htj
12-03-2010, 16:11
It was a joke hence the smiley at the end! Every one around here always has their knickers in a bunch. :p

Sorry, in my haste I misread (missaw?) it as this chap. :rolleyes:

Cynicism retracted.

OT, I am seriously impressed by the new Ork releases. Even the price seems, dare I say it, reasonable? Lovely stuff.

Vepr
12-03-2010, 16:25
Sorry, in my haste I misread (missaw?) it as this chap. :rolleyes:

Cynicism retracted.

OT, I am seriously impressed by the new Ork releases. Even the price seems, dare I say it, reasonable? Lovely stuff.

No problem. I do my share of complaining but this time I was trying and obviously failing to be funny. :D

Jagged
12-03-2010, 16:27
I've bought the Kanz but haven't had time to do anything with them yet. They are lovely and packed full of spare bitz which will make their way to my old kanz to make them look neater.

On the plus side for SM players GW are release new vehicle bitz next month so you can start adding twin linked assault cannons to everything :D

Bouncl
12-03-2010, 16:28
I love the new deff dred model. Plus, the kanz look great and got a lot cheaper too, didn't they?

Harbringerxv8
12-03-2010, 16:44
I got six of the new kanz, and I have to say that I love them a lot. Suitably ramshackle, and if you swap the legs around a bit, none of them get that "I'm different, but not really" look. They can get pretty unique.

Eldoriath
12-03-2010, 16:49
Good motto there "Who cares about whinning if you look awesome?" =)

StormWulfen
12-03-2010, 17:33
On the plus side for SM players GW are release new vehicle bitz next month so you can start adding twin linked assault cannons to everything :D

Already got Assault Cannons and stuff ;) (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat300001a&prodId=prod80002a)

sliganian
12-03-2010, 18:09
Good motto there "Who cares about winning if you look awesome?" =)

That's what I would cry to myself after a game whenever I used my High Elves in WHFB. :D

AFnord
12-03-2010, 18:42
As absolutely awesome the new ork dreads & kanz are (I really wish I had enough money to buy a few boxes of these), there is one model that has impressed me even more:
The stunningly beautiful venerable dread. Have you seen how many bits it comes with? How many different looks you get in the box? It's absolutely amazing!

Rhamiel
12-03-2010, 19:56

i completly agree :)

Rhamiel

Gray Hunter
12-03-2010, 20:00
I'm actually not that impressed with the new Deffdread. The Kans are cool though, and cheaper to boot. Must... resist...

Senbei
12-03-2010, 20:08
Dread and Kans are both good. Only whinge that I have about them would be the lack of an arms option for the Dreads shooty weapons (they're on stubby little pintles which look odd if you transplant them to your kans) and the fact that you only get one of each weapon in the Kans box (though you don't seem to get a single mega-blaster, even though you get two in the dread box for some reason).

Still, both great kits... Plan on getting another box or two of each and fielding a dread-heavy army, only once I have painted the ones I have though.

Darnok
12-03-2010, 21:16
I like them. In fact, I like them enough to just having aquired three Deffdreads and four boxes of Killakans, giving me some amazing 15 Kans! No, I don't like magnets on my models. :D

Seriously, the models are great in my opinion. I love the options I have at hand, and I look forward to the moment when they hit the board in stomping force. Which reminds me of my half-assembled Stompa. :evilgrin:

DuskRaider
12-03-2010, 21:27
I picked up two Deff Dreads and 3 boxes of Killa Kans to update my Dread Bash list. At first I was more excited about the Kans after having seen the two kits, but once I opened the Deff Dread up I was EXTREMELY surprised. I had such a blast putting my two together, I might just go out and get more soon, lol. So many bits that you can make a vast array of different Dreads.

jsullivanlaw
12-03-2010, 22:14
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only Orks, Imperial Guard, and Space Marines.

Jagged
12-03-2010, 23:24
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only Orks, Imperial Guard, and Space Marines.

Don't tell anyone I said this ..

<.<

>.>

But wouldn't the game be so much better if that were true!

;)

Firmlog
12-03-2010, 23:28
I plan on getting 2 boxes of Dreads, 2 boxes of Kans. That will really help fill the army out as due to a luck of coinicidence I managed to aquire a bunch of Mechs.

Had to have the shock attack gun though I probably won't use it much once I fill out the army.
3 regular mechs which I will need to add KFF's to. Throw one into my battlewagon, with a nobz squad.

2 mechs with 2 squads or Kans or is it dreads as troops, one squad of boyz in a truck and i'll have an army. not to mention the boyz that come in AOBR and the kopta's.

A "meky" themed Kult of speed army... for now. Too many great models to stop there.

I'll probably have to get more burna/loota boxes to fill those squads

Hypaspist
12-03-2010, 23:40
Well I've just put together my First Kan...

I am incredibly impressed.

They look beautiful.
They go together incredibly well.
I'd say the instructions have improved but as a man I never look at them... :shifty:

all in all Top Banana GW :D

duffybear1988
13-03-2010, 00:21
I saw the new killa kan kits today and they are great... however my mate moaned because you dont get enough spare parts for conversions :D honestly you can always find something to moan about...