PDA

View Full Version : Army of the Dead

ukfreddybear
12-03-2010, 20:41
Hi Folks.

Thought I'd share with you guys, there is a chap called Nathan (username Natarn) on the One-Ring forum board for GW's LOTR game who has scratch sculpted a banner bearer for the army of the dead. This is his first attempt at a 28mm figure so i was very impressed.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/ukfreddybear/NatarnsBanner.jpg

Anyhow, he bought a home casting kit and is now selling the casts for a fiver each.

I slightly converted the one he sent me, giving it a few additions (on the left obviously).

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/ukfreddybear/DeadCommandPainted.jpg

This was my first ever attempt at a freehand design. I was trying to keep the pattern similar to the official GW version. I also converted a hornblower from one of the metal dead warriors.

fracas
13-03-2010, 16:23
nice work modeling and painting

Shrapnelsmile
14-03-2010, 06:15
those are sick. I hope you sell a coffin-load. fine work.

Lord_Goober
14-03-2010, 06:59
Nice conversions. I've been agonizing myself on how to convert up a mounted banner of the dead myself. Converting plastic riders of the dead is pretty easy though. There are 2 of the plastic army of the dead that don't have the cloaks running all the way to the feet on the model. Those you can chop at the torso and then use the legs from a plastic Gondor knight and the gondor horse for the rest.

The Marshel
14-03-2010, 11:37
is this a limited time deal, if so how limited, cause that is a fantastic miniture

Whitwort Stormbringer
14-03-2010, 18:56
Nice model! It fits in pretty well with the existing range, only perhaps a tad too tall (of course, the Citadel models have scaling issues of their own, so one can't really complain).

Hero adamite
15-03-2010, 04:03
those look really good, i would love to pick one up :D

ukfreddybear
15-03-2010, 10:26
Well the mini will be available for however long the mould lasts I guess. I have the sculptors email address should anyone want to purchase one. Please PM me for details as he doesn't want it posted on the main board to protect himself from spam.

ukfreddybear
12-01-2011, 12:06
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I thought some might like to see the mounted banner of the dead I made using the top half of that original model.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/ukfreddybear/MountedUndeadBannerBearer.jpg

The horse was an old plastic tomb king skelly that I fleshed out with rotting flesh and ragged cloth

Disposable Hero
16-01-2011, 11:42
Holy moly...that figure makes me want to play LOTR. Jeez!

HRM
18-01-2011, 21:54
That stuff is awesome. I'd like to figure out how to do up mounted Hornblowers for my Rohan.

Again, great work!

ukfreddybear
19-01-2011, 10:20
I'd like to figure out how to do up mounted Hornblowers for my Rohan.

Doesn't sound that difficult. I could do one then perhaps trade it to you for something?

HRM
19-01-2011, 21:56
Doesn't sound that difficult. I could do one then perhaps trade it to you for something?

I find even PAINTING to be difficult. I've never converted anything - neither the time, nor aptitude, nor serious inclination.