PDA

View Full Version : Cursed Things

FailSafe07
13-03-2010, 04:57
Does anyone else just have those units or opponents against whom you just feel like you're cursed?

I'm starting to seriously think that my empire Knights are cursed. In 6 games, they have killed precisely, jack squat. They have twice bounced off units of marauder horsemen that they managed to hit in the flank, broken and run away to play no useful part in the battle. They have spent more turns fleeing than they have in combat and they have also managed to get themselves killed twice thanks to crappy rolling. My similar sized unit of pistoleers has killed more models in CC than the Knights have!

Does anyone have any similar stories?

Dai-Mongar
13-03-2010, 06:56
I have had no luck with spider riders passing their animosity tests. In almost every game, they seem to do nothing for half the battle.

slayerofmen
13-03-2010, 07:34
4/4 games ive used my black knights in they have been charged in the side EVERY game no matter what happens

Lorcryst
13-03-2010, 08:44
I'm cursed with horrible luck every time I use my pure Night Goblins horde ... Fanatics not connecting and the coming back through their unit, my whole battle line of 11 units squabbling for several turns in a row, shamans miscasting every spell ...

Strangely, if I take a mixed O&G army, my luck seems better ...

Urgat
13-03-2010, 09:32
Yeah, my spear chukkas, for some reason, they often hit, then always run 1 to wound.
But there's worse, there's my friend's chaos ogres, no matter what I thow at them, they lose.

Lorcryst: same for me, but the other way around, if I take orcs in my gob army it usually goes wrong very fast, funny.

sssk
13-03-2010, 09:33
regardless of army, I seem to suffer badly from not meeting casting values on spells. I don't necessarily miscast, but for instance, on a spell cast on 5+, if I throw 2 power dice at it, I'll almost inevitably roll a total of 3 or 4.

phoenixguard09
13-03-2010, 09:40
Bow of the Seafarer on my High Elf Prince. Has never hit. Ever.

That and when I use a fan made army or unit my luck is horrrible.

Alltaken
13-03-2010, 11:54
oh god my noble alter kind WE hero has never ever wounded a single model with hail of doom arrows.

But the real good one is my COR never getting to charge! the other nice one are my kroxs that never rally I use to run them near my steg so they bait every now and then since the steg can't choose to run away. damn those pink blooded aligators

Condottiere
13-03-2010, 12:17
Try getting results from a Halfling Hot Pot. Even if it hits, usually nothing much happens.

Grey Mage
13-03-2010, 12:26
Well you are just throwing chicken soup at the enemy after all.

My Peasant bowmen have about a 2% kill rate of shots fired, no matter what I fire at.

And for my lizzies? Terradons... its not that they do nothing, its that they always die on turn 3. Not 2, not 4, 3. Sometimes I think theyre counting.

Cold_Blooded
13-03-2010, 12:39
Razordons - Spikey Failures the lot of them. Everytime they make an apperence they disgrace themselves in a whole host of new ways. Eaten handlers, beaten by skaven slaves, failure to hit, failure to wound, people making insane ammounts of armour saves from them. Failing to die or break when we're hoping that they'll do just that as part of a plan. Running away just so they're blocking everyone else off.
Every single time they'll find a new way to fail, and every three battles or so I'll think 'one last chance guys, I love your spikey little models' It never ends well.

Necromancy Black
13-03-2010, 12:53
Actually for fantasy my units perform overall on average. Yes, I've had some shockers, but then I've had the upmost brilliant luck as well. Must be why I still play fantasy over 40k :D

Now, if this was 40k, that would be different. My Assault Marine Sargent was clearly left handed, as the power fist on his right hand never wounded anything over 5 games.

Gaargod
13-03-2010, 15:50
My cold one cav can't make 2+ saves to save their lives (literally). They hit stuff happily and are pretty good on stupidity... but even peasant bowmen take them down.

Most things in my O&G army are failures. Exceptions: my savage orcs, who beat up anything in front of them, and my bolt throwers. Actually, my bolt throwers only when they're being threatened - once a high elf lord on star dragon took 3 wounds turn 1 from 2 of them, then next turn another 2 and the lord himself was headshotted, then died the turn after. Was... funny :)

Djekar
13-03-2010, 15:55
My Black Orcs are pretty fail. They like to whiff the first round of attacks and run away. Usually they get run down for maximum shame. Also, squigs are pretty bad too. They seem to fail animosity most of the times I get them in a good charge position. I guess they want to show me how good WS4 T3 troops are at taking a charge?

In WoC anyone I put on a disc is destined to die. I've never had one live the battle, regardless of whether it's a mage or a fighting character. I've bounced off the flank of fast cav before, been killed by 6 skirmishing archer shots in a single round ... but I still field em because I love my discs.

Commodus Leitdorf
13-03-2010, 16:07
My War altar can't make a 4+ ward save to save its life....litterally!

sulla
13-03-2010, 16:59
My harpies. Totally incompetent on the charge. I have lost to the flank of chaos hounds, war machine crews (regularly) failed to kill a hierophant in 2 phases of combat.

It's sad. I don't want to just use them to exploit how skirmishers flee, but every time I charge them into combat, they let me down...

Urgat
13-03-2010, 17:10
Try getting results from a Halfling Hot Pot. Even if it hits, usually nothing much happens.

nah, you're unfair to your Hot Pot: it fed the unit!

Stuffburger
13-03-2010, 17:28
My Orc arrer boy unit has this problem. Even by the extremely low expectations one would place on a 65 point unit... It has a squabble rate of about 40%, is a fanatic magnet and has yet to rally once.

In one game they squabbled 3 times in a row, then got hit by a fanatic and panicked off the board.

TsukeFox
13-03-2010, 19:41
My plaguen censor bearers die everytime when they take thier toughness test. As low as two out of six or as high as four out of six. Horned rat help
me when I field eight of those sucide jerks. They
migt have lived against a block of gobbbos once. What worthy foes.

Crovax20
13-03-2010, 20:02
I think its my empire knights unit. I had a greatsword unit of 10 man strong being charged by cold ones and getting halved. They made their leadership test (no autobreak had a spell on em). After that my knights charge into the flank and mess up all their attacks, cold one riders strike at my greatswords again failing to wound a single one. After the pitifull attacks of my knights the greatswords swing their swords felling all 4 cold one riders. Must say me and my opponent hadn't really expected the greatswords to exact such a bloody revenge!

But yeh knights seem to be the cursed unit, they always seem to bloody miss their attacks or fail to wound. I am going to have to add a warrior priest on horse to them, to hopefully break the curse and just so they might hit with him conferring hate on the unit.

phoenixguard09
13-03-2010, 22:51
I am going to have to add a warrior priest on horse to them, to hopefully break the curse and just so they might hit with him conferring hate on the unit.

Speaking from Dark Elf experince here Crovax, don't count on it. :D

Stronginthearm
13-03-2010, 23:57
My necromancer for my VC army, twice in 3 games he has managed to miscast double 1, somebody doesnt like him (not including me)

kardar233
14-03-2010, 00:56
My Varghulf is cursed. I always manage to set up beautiful flank charges for it, when it promptly fluffs its attacks, fails its regen and gets crumbled to death.

colmarekblack
14-03-2010, 01:00
My Dark Elf Coldone Knights. They will almost certainly fail their first stupidity test, pass the next 2 and then when I absolutely positively need them to pass I roll double sixes :cries:. And they promptly die and/or get run down as a result.

zak
14-03-2010, 01:19
Allegedly the Ogres are easy prey. No matter what army I take they seem to be able to hit everything and wound everything and my army usually can't hit or wound, but seems well versed in running away. My record against the particular opponent is good against his other armies, but his Ogres just seem to live a charmed life against me!

TheZombieSquig
14-03-2010, 03:00
I barely ever roll anything but a 1 for my chaos knight armour saves. They are massacred every game by simple arrow fire (happened in about 10 games) to the extend that I started not using them :(

Lordsaradain
14-03-2010, 07:49
Does anyone else just have those units or opponents against whom you just feel like you're cursed?

I'm starting to seriously think that my empire Knights are cursed. In 6 games, they have killed precisely, jack squat. They have twice bounced off units of marauder horsemen that they managed to hit in the flank, broken and run away to play no useful part in the battle. They have spent more turns fleeing than they have in combat and they have also managed to get themselves killed twice thanks to crappy rolling. My similar sized unit of pistoleers has killed more models in CC than the Knights have!

Does anyone have any similar stories?

Sounds like your knights need a new paintjob and/or banner to free them of their curse. :)

Zarroc
14-03-2010, 09:36
one of the two cold one chariots can not past a studity test to save its life, while the other pasts all the time..

5/6 turns the last game i played it failed, made it roughly half way across the board on stupidty alone... that last turn it charge, rolled a 4 for impact hits, then fluff its attacks by rollings 1/2's, failed to wound a single orge :(

Not to mention it cause movement troubles for a few units

failed chariot

FailSafe07
15-03-2010, 00:20
I barely ever roll anything but a 1 for my chaos knight armour saves. They are massacred every game by simple arrow fire (happened in about 10 games) to the extend that I started not using them :(
I wish my brother (who is my regular opponent) did that. He seems to be unable to roll anything but. I think i've only seen him roll 1's in CC twice the last 8 or so games we've played. Damn Nurgle Knights.

Sounds like your knights need a new paintjob and/or banner to free them of their curse. :)
Or they're just waiting for me to get around to finishing painting them. After the way they played this weekend, I'm finishing them before I go back to school next week. I can't deal with those knights costing me games any more.