PDA

View Full Version : New Empire Player looking for Aid

Templar47
13-03-2010, 09:52
Well long story short I'm going to be getting an empire army started in the near future, and fortunately my store has a few of the old empire battalion box sets, which is perfect for me because I've been planning on using the older handgunners and State Troop models (the ones w/the round shields) since I think the newer ones look like crap. Just a few questions about them and thnx for the help:

*Will I be able to make either Swordsmen and Halberd's also or do the old state troop models only comes as spearmen in the old empire battalion box set?

*Does anyone else know where I can buy the older box sets of state troop models or any websites were I can order them from besides ebay (already looked).

*If anybody has any that they are willing to sell, I' interested.

Putty
13-03-2010, 10:11
the plastic state troops can be made as swordmen, halberders and spearmen.

as for the older stuff you can troll Evilbay or Warseer's sale/trade forums... usually there a few around.

CaptScott
13-03-2010, 10:13
Welcome to the Empire! The old round shielders can only be assembled as spearmen, though perhaps with some conversion work you can replace the spear heads with halberd blades. Can't help you with the other questions.

Also be sure to head over to warhammer-empire. See the link in my sig.

Griefbringer
13-03-2010, 12:32
*Does anyone else know where I can buy the older box sets of state troop models or any websites were I can order them from besides ebay (already looked).

Considering that the models were discontinued around 2006, your best choice is to look for them second hand.

Besides the said old Empire battalion, these were available in the 6th edition starter box (16 spearmen, 16 handgunners, 3 command, cannon with 3 crew, and a load of orcs and other stuff), and in the short-lived Empire Detachment set (8 spearmen and 8 handgunners).

If you spot spare 6th edition starter boxes available for cheap somewhere, those might be a good thing to grab - you can always try to sell the orcs to somebody else.

Templar47
14-03-2010, 04:11
thnx for the help so far. So where is warseers sale/trade forums?

scipunk
14-03-2010, 04:19
Located half way down the forum page

http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52