PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Resolving Forgeworld's Mistake

Scopedog
13-03-2010, 15:42
Hi! I'm having an issue communicating with Forgeworld over a mistake they made in a recent order. I ordered a Space Wolves and Raven Guard Venerable Dreadnought but I received one Space Wolves Dreadnought and a second Space Wolves Dreadnought labeled as a Raven Guard Dreadnought. I let Forgeworld know on February 7th and they responded promptly on February 8th, even offering arms for the extra Space Wolves Dreadnought. I replied back on February 8th with the arms I wanted and have received nothing since. I followed up directly with Ead Brown on February 23rd, I followed up again directly with Ead Brown on March 2nd, and then I followed up with the generic order inquiry e-mail on March 5th. I've been ordering with Forgeworld since it started and have never had any problems with their customer service. Is anybody else having trouble like this? Should I keep trying to contact them? I want to place another order but not until I resolve this problem. Attached are the pictures I sent to Forgeworld illustrating the problem. Also, the message traffic, starting from newest to oldest, is included below for reference. The long dashes represent separate messages. All three of my followup e-mails included the original exchange between Ead Brown and myself. Thanks for any feedback!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 5:50 AM
To: 'fworderenquiries@games-workshop.co.uk'
Subject: FW: Mistake in Order Number: DG214510071600

Hi, what is the status of the replacement Raven Guard Dreadnought and MK IV
Dreadnought arms?

[February 8th message traffic removed for brevity]

Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 6:18 PM
To: 'ead.brown@games-workshop.co.uk'
Subject: Re: Mistake in Order Number: xxxxxxxxxx1600

Dreadnought arms?

Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:29 PM
To: 'Ead Brown'
Cc: 'xxxxx CIV David E'; 'David E. xxxxx'
Subject: RE: Mistake in Order Number: xxxxxxxxxx1600

Dreadnought arms?

Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 6:48 PM
To: 'Ead Brown'
Cc: 'David E. xxxxx'; 'xxxxx CIV David E'

I sent this message prematurely and I recalled it. This is the pair of
arms I would definitely like to get. Thanks!

IA-ISM-D-012 MK IV DREADNOUGHT CLOSE COMBAT ARM (RIGHT ARM)
IA-ISM-D-011 MK IV DREADNOUGHT MISSILE LAUNCHER (LEFT ARM)

Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 3:42 AM
To: David E. xxxxx

Hi,
Thanks for your e-mail, and our apologies for the error. We have
passed your e-mail to our Dispatch team so that the stock of both
Dreadnoughts can be checked, and as soon as this is reported back to us we
will dispatch a replacement.

Please let me know if there are any other Dreadnought arms you
require to use the second Space Wolf Dreadnought, as we will be happy to
send you a pair as a token of our apologies.

Regards,
Ead Brown
Customer Service Manager
Forge World

Sent: 07 February 2010 20:57
To: Forge World Order Enquiries
Subject: Mistake in Order Number: xxxxxxxxxx1600

Hi, my name is David xxxxx (Account# xxxxx311). Today I received Order#
xxxxxxxxxx1600 which was supposed to be a Space Wolves Dreadnought and a
Raven Guard Dreadnought. Instead I received two Space Wolves Dreadnoughts,
one of which was labeled as a Raven Guard Dreadnought. Please see the
attached images for reference. How can I correct this issue?

lordbeefy
13-03-2010, 16:35
Very unusual in my experiences with them.

May I suggest you phone them to get this resolved as opposed to emails?

Scopedog
13-03-2010, 16:41
Very unusual in my experiences with them.

May I suggest you phone them to get this resolved as opposed to emails?

That's my last resort. I'm in the USA, so calling them is expensive.

Tiller5
13-03-2010, 16:58
That's my last resort. I'm in the USA, so calling them is expensive.

Calling from the USA may well be expensive, but in my experiences with Forge World a call involving such an error does not take long, and they act very well when confronted by phone. I would second this course of action for sure.

wazatdingder
13-03-2010, 17:17
Calling from the USA may well be expensive, but in my experiences with Forge World a call involving such an error does not take long, and they act very well when confronted by phone. I would second this course of action for sure.

As someone who has worked in Customer Service before, emails are really quite easy to forget/ignore. Call.

Scopedog
13-03-2010, 17:17

I took a look at the "contact us" page and discovered this:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/contact.htm

"If you have a question about your mail order, a problem you need resolved or anything else urgent, please telephone us for an immediate resolution as we are currently unable to answer emails." [emphasis mine]

I wish they had made this issue more conspicuous. They were clearly responding to e-mails as of February 8th. I was beginning to lose faith in one my favorite online stores. Looks like I'll be making a long distance phone call to the UK. Thanks for all the advice!

Stormfather
13-03-2010, 17:48
Im having the same problem, an order from early Feb never arrived. No email responses, and I only get an 'all lines occupied' message when I call during business hours- multiple calls on multuple days. $130 down the drain. Whats their excuse, they lost their email password? I doubt Ill be doing business with FW again.

Tiller5
13-03-2010, 17:49
Hey, you're welcome! I'm sure they will be apologetic and understanding - the last time I had an issue with a Dreadnought I'd bought from them, they sent me a free Plasma Cannon. Not sure why, but it was something!

I always prefer to call a company if I have an issue with them, as was said by Wazatdingder e-mails will often be left, ignored or deleted, whereas a direct phone confrontation will get more done. Good luck!

EDIT: Stormfather, what time in the day are you calling them? I know the time difference makes things awkward, but I believe Forge World has a much smaller department than Games Workshop in all respects, and so they are incapable of dealing with thousands of cllas in an hour. I advise some patience and try calling, if possible, early in the morning GMT, say around 9am GMT on a weekday - most people will be at work and unable to call Forge World at this sort of time.

Stormfather
13-03-2010, 18:04
Ive tried between 10:30 and 12 Eastern. Im going to try again at 6 am on monday and see if I have better luck.

Tiller5
13-03-2010, 18:45
Yes, you need to consider the 5 hour time gap - 12:00 Eastern is too late, being one hour before the phone lines close. So yes, 6am is a good bet - it'll be 11:00 am here, they shouldn't be too busy I don't think.

Stormfather
13-03-2010, 19:11
Cool- I figured they went belly-up but left the website open for orders- they wouldnt be the first company to do so. Still, 1 month since I paid, no package, no word from them, Im not a happy customer. Ive waited longer for some things, I dont mind as long as Im kept in the loop- I havent heard from FW since they emailed me my receipt.