PDA

View Full Version : Budget Killteam

MistaGav
14-03-2010, 15:03
I've been seeing a fair few people at my local GW playing KT now and it's got me curious to try it out myself. Naturally I play Dark Angels and I already have a KT in the works (once I get the rest of the stuff).
I was thinking though that this would be a good chance to try a different army but to also do it on a budget so I was thinking...what would you reccomend as a race to play but on a budget (so maybe 1 or 2 kits max) and also something different to Spess mehrens!

Count de Monet
14-03-2010, 15:08
I've been seeing a fair few people at my local GW playing KT now and it's got me curious to try it out myself. Naturally I play Dark Angels and I already have a KT in the works (once I get the rest of the stuff).
I was thinking though that this would be a good chance to try a different army but to also do it on a budget so I was thinking...what would you reccomend as a race to play but on a budget (so maybe 1 or 2 kits max) and also something different to Spess mehrens!

Pick two Eldar Aspect Warrior boxes.

Box of Tau Stealth Suits and box of Kroot.

xerxeshavelock
14-03-2010, 15:09
Clearly Guard, with so many choices in cheap squads they seem to have the edge, and you'll get more figs per point.

MadHatter
14-03-2010, 15:11
IG mixed with empire or britts to give you a priate/rogue trade fill.

ehlijen
14-03-2010, 15:12
Two IG command squad boxes should be enough to make a decent veteran squad. Tooled up, those can easily make a kill team by themselves if you convert one of the SC sergeants.

Arbedark
14-03-2010, 15:46
1 Box of Chaos Knights, and a couple of bitz such as Bolt Pistols - Counts as Thunderwolf Cavalry

200 Points on the dot, 1 left over model, and Fantasy models are cheaper than 40k ones anyway.

Rhamiel
14-03-2010, 16:06
sorry i hear about Kill-Teams a lot. but exactly what are they? i realy want to know.

thank you

Rhamiel

ps. once i know i will post tips

Alessander
14-03-2010, 19:53
new scenario from the new Battle Missions books, skirmish level fight.

Rhamiel
14-03-2010, 21:29
ok thanks

Rhamiel

SoggyRizla
14-03-2010, 22:25
Deathwatch Killteam works; I'm using 7 sternguard with a few weapons upgrades, Converted from a box of tactical marines and the deathwacth kit: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1110206&rootCatGameStyle=