PDA

View Full Version : Jetbike combat with rolling terrain?

Inquisitor Kallus
14-03-2010, 23:24
Does anyone remember the White Dwarf with the Eldar Vs, Dark Eldar jetbike combat game with rolling terrain? It was amazing and I wish they would update it. If anyone knows or has a copy i'd greatly appreciate it, please get in touch, thanks

bigcheese76
14-03-2010, 23:40
I personally didnt ever see that, but would really have liked too. It sounds awesome and as though it would really add some animation to the battle.

Decius
14-03-2010, 23:56
I remember seeing a racing scenario like that on the internet. Vehicles move towards the far table edge at top speed then everything gets moved back 18" or so. Terrain that gets moved off the back table is put back at the other empty far end. Continue this cycle until someone gets off the far table edge and wins. Live ammo allowed.

I'm guessing this jet bike race would be like that scene from Starwars VI with Luke and those storm troopers racing through the Endor forest. Sounds neat, just needs some deff'coptas.

Lord Damocles
15-03-2010, 00:01
UK White Dwarf 237.

'Jetbike Duel', pgs.55-7.

Inquisitor Kallus
15-03-2010, 01:15
Thanks Lord. Damn I did have that issue with the Chaos warrior on the front, though now it appears i dont grrrrrrrrrr

Lord_Of_Bats
15-03-2010, 07:42
It could be used as the basis for a chase scenario for other races too. Maybe a fast-attack version of kill team?

One model is designated as the target trying to escape, the rest of that side are trying to protect it and the enemy are all pursuers. The escaping force starts at the deployment zone and remaining forces could come on as reserves from the same deployment zone! Game ends when the target is dead or makes it off the far table edge.

As some races have at best jetpack trops though getting a balance may be tricky.

Might need some more work but could be a great idea.

xerxeshavelock
15-03-2010, 08:23
How about players take it in turns to place new terrain, then each model can move sideways 2D6, with a double being in any direction. Or, to represent better riders, you can move in any direction if you roll under your Initiative on the 2D6 roll?

Maybe Bikes could get a reroll but speeders not.

Aiwass
15-03-2010, 08:45
Like the GorkaMorka mission, if you don't turbo and face the direction of the course, the vehicles are static and the terrain back 6", if the vehicles are facing other side, back 6" too. Or something like this.

Jagged
15-03-2010, 12:46
We played some games like this in my LGWS. They used rules (which I can't remember) to also give a chance for troops to appear at the sides of the race who would take pot-shots at the enemy as they raced by. Worked okay :)

Inquisitor Kallus
15-03-2010, 22:14
Does anyone have a version of the rules they could send me? I've looked through all my copies (200+ ) of White Dwarf and cant find it. You would, quite Clint Eastwoodly, make my day

Whitwort Stormbringer
15-03-2010, 22:32
Affraid I left most of my old WD's at my parents' when I moved out, but I do remember this scenario and if no-one gets you a workable set of rules I'll do what I can. It will be a couple months before I'm able to get my hands on it, though...

the1stpip
16-03-2010, 00:25
It was a cool scenario, and they also had suggestions for Landspeeders.

And it never reminded anyone of a certain film with a certain bike chase scene through the woods.

e2055261
16-03-2010, 00:35
And now we can use valkyries.

Ambience 327
16-03-2010, 14:34
I haven't seen the Jetbike version mentioned, but I've seen the GorkaMorka version, as well as the LotR version which reenacted the "Flight to the Ford" where Frodo is carried by Asfaloth (w/ Arwen in the film version) over the ford at Bruinen as the Ringwraiths give chase. That is an absolutely great scenario, and would probably translate well with certain 40K units.

Inquisitor Kallus
16-03-2010, 20:40
Affraid I left most of my old WD's at my parents' when I moved out, but I do remember this scenario and if no-one gets you a workable set of rules I'll do what I can. It will be a couple months before I'm able to get my hands on it, though...

Thanks very much Stormbringer