PDA

View Full Version : terminator army using space wolves rules

ODINM4
15-03-2010, 01:44
do you think i could make a terminator army using the space wolves codex.like this

say logan grimnar plus body guard of space wolf terminators and all other terminator squads painted in first founding colours say 1 squad ba,1da,salamanders an so on ?

what you guys reckon go ahead or not

Chem-Dog
15-03-2010, 01:49
I've heard it can be done.
Use "counts as" liberally but avoid confusing stand ins and ensure your opponant's are fully clued up on what's what.

Paint them any colour you like and fill your boots, some Tournaments might not want you but the rest of us normal gamers love a nicely executed stand in army.

3 0f 6
15-03-2010, 09:09
Not sure about that, most tournies have the 3 colour base rule, does not say they may not be stupid colours (though the hippy flower power necrons were something to behold!) or that they may not be mixed (as long as the actual codex they come from is clear), also I have seen some barely 3 colours base armies at the GTs!

Otherwise I like you idea, as Chem-dog also stated, us normal gamers love to see something more interesting than the norm.

mughi3
15-03-2010, 10:08
do you think i could make a terminator army using the space wolves codex
Already done, in fact i just put up a batrep for this weekend.

I do mine as an admech themed force. but it is a space wolf "deathwing" list.

I played DW for so many years and it is somewhat sad that the wolves can now make a better, more effective DW than DW.

Just think of the force as logans personal detachment on the battlefield.