PDA

View Full Version : Penal Troops w/ DH

Straha
17-03-2010, 18:28
I have few quick questions.

First, can DH armies take Penal Legions as IG troop choices? I think yes, but I just want to make sure.

If yes, has anyone used Penal Legions w/DH and what are the results?

I'd like to do a radical DH army and Penal Legions seem like a good fluff fit.

commander of the marines
17-03-2010, 18:43
short answer no

long answer:
GK can't take penal legion as allies they aren't listed in the allied list, at least not in the sob codex because when it came out guard didn't have penal legion yet

Bunnahabhain
17-03-2010, 21:28
You can however, take a guard army, with lots of DH allies, and use DH and penal legions together that way...

bigcheese76
18-03-2010, 00:53
As the Daemonhunters Codex is quite old and the guard have had a new book not too long ago, the Daemonhunters codex only accounts for certain troops types. In a tournament situation you can only use the specified troops from the Daemonhunters codex allies section. In friendly games however, your oponent may let you use Penal Legion.

As an alternative, do what Bunnahabhain said, and turn it round in effect, having a guard army as the core and Daemonhunter allies off of that.

Straha
18-03-2010, 04:36
Thanks for the advice. I'll go IG with DH allies.:)

CushionRide
18-03-2010, 04:49
i would say due to the age of the codex its up in the air, i mean really. just take the DH as allies then you can use the penal legion. as for there usefullness..... lol there very humorous i like throwing them out of vendetta transports literally. i did however have a gunslinger unit take out marbo. while my knife fighters got incinerated by a single heavy flamer. the priest and commisar with them were sad pandas afterwords

don_mondo
18-03-2010, 07:04
The newest GW IG FAQ updated the units that can be inducted into a DH/WH army..............

And Penal Legion ain't on the list.

GrimZAG
18-03-2010, 09:31
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m470041a_FAQ_ImperialGuard_2009.pdf