PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar Photo from Rulebook

megatrons2nd
18-03-2010, 16:11
I can't figure out how to post a picture, if someone can tell me how or put one up that would be great.

The Dark Eldar pic from the rulebook that has a different style Raider on it. The bottom right hand side of the pic has a unit that I can't identify. It almost looks like a Wraith guard but has a curved spike on the one visible shoulder and appears hunched over.

Can someone confirm my thought or ID the unit for me?

Cuchulain84
18-03-2010, 16:24
You need to host it on photobucket or equivilent and then put it in [img] tags.

AFnord
18-03-2010, 16:46
Could you give us a page number? Or do you mean the picture on the page where DE is introduced, with a bit of fluff? Well, I guess it's simply a cool picture. The artwork quite often differs quite a bit from the real models.

Souleater
18-03-2010, 17:27
It might be the style of the new Raiders....I think it looks kinda cool.

morwa
18-03-2010, 20:22
But do you mean that black-white picture on 175 page? If yes i wonder also who are those two guys under the raider.

Cuchulain84
18-03-2010, 20:49
Nothing on that picture looks unusual to me. The Two chaps in foreground look like generic Warriors or maybe Mandrakes. I can see a Hellion and a silhouette of either Drahzar or a Mandrake crouching on a rock. Even the Raiders don't look particularily different to me.

I can't see anything that looks like a Wraith Guard.

Logarithm Udgaur
18-03-2010, 23:02
Anyone have the picture?

Nighthawke
18-03-2010, 23:11
dont have the picture, but its on the bottom of the secound page of the dark eldar section in the rule book, its not the artwork on the front of the current codex

Partisan Rimmo
18-03-2010, 23:21
Wait, the 5th ed. BGB? The one that's been out for years? How have people not seen this before?

*curses for having it with me*

RampagingRavener
18-03-2010, 23:27
Not sure what the OP is referring to. I've got the picture in front of me and can't see any sort of Wraithguard-like thing in the bottom right.

I can see two Warriors jumping into a squad of Guardsmen. There is a tiny sliver of what looks to me like a third Warrior in the background, only the left-hand side of the Eldar is visible as the rest is beyond the margin of the picture. That's the only thing I can see as being what the OP's talking about, and it doesn't look hunched over or Wraithguard-like to me at all.

Corpse
19-03-2010, 00:16
I see 2 warriors in foreground.
3 Raiders.
One wounded human and a dark figure under the middle raider.
Half a warrior on the right hand side partially distanced.
Three what seems like skaven plague monk-humans on the left, behind the guardsmen.
Bunch of jetbikes in the sky/distance and warriors on the raiders that appear almost guardian-like.

That's it.

Astraeos
19-03-2010, 00:54
The front of that raider (page 175) does look a little different.

Dunno where the OP got Wraithguard from though.

ehlijen
19-03-2010, 01:31
There is something there allright. Just to the right of the elbow of the silly double handed dagger warrior.

The apparent distance could suggest something wraithguard sized, but it could just as easily be another warrior. All you can really see is that it's humanoid with a really spikey right shoulder pad. That is all, and my guess is that it's just another warrior.

megatrons2nd
21-03-2010, 22:07
bottom right on this one.

Cuchulain84
21-03-2010, 22:16
Okay, that's a zoomed in version of the actual pic in the rule book. Thats a Dark Eldar warriors knee.