PDA

View Full Version : farsight

AUN'SHI
18-03-2010, 19:34
So I'm just wondering how many people use this guy? I guess lets say 1500pts. I just want to know what everyone think of him. I have a pretty heavy duty farisght army (1500 pts) and as of yet I havent lost with the army.

Now before everyone challanges my army :p let me say I usually only play 1500 pts and the armies I have fought are as follows. Eldar, salamanders, space wolves, blood angles, imperial guard, and orks. Ive tied 1 game against the old blood angles but it was close:angel:

So who else uses the guy and has had and good or bad experiance?

Troah
18-03-2010, 19:54
I use him a few times, but I always seem to lose...Of course I'm still using 3rd edition. ><

AUN'SHI
18-03-2010, 20:07
Ya maybe 3rd might be a lil different. Try him in this edition and see what happens with him.

Troah
18-03-2010, 20:22
I would, but all of my gaming group play in 3rd, so it would be a little unfair.

AUN'SHI
18-03-2010, 20:41
I see i understand. Thats cool.

Anyone else a farsight user? the only decent special character for the Tau might I add

VirtualSniper
18-03-2010, 20:46
I used him once in a 1500 kill points game. Let just say that a 1000+ pts crisis unit with a lot of shield drones is really hard to kill! So I won that game, but it was the only time I used him.

Creeping Dementia
18-03-2010, 20:48
I've seen a couple people try to use him, but they're always back to using a non-crippled Tau list within a couple weeks. I find it best to pretend the special character section of the Tau codex doesn't exist. There is no such thing as a decent Tau special character.

cuda1179
18-03-2010, 21:05
I've seen Farsight used a few times. He's okay, I guess. Personally, I prefer to use Shadowsun. She is the only way to have a non-crisis suit Tau army. I think the only reason she works for me is that I use a kroot heavy, stealth heavy list and she fits right in with everything else.

AUN'SHI
18-03-2010, 21:16
I used him once in a 1500 kill points game. Let just say that a 1000+ pts crisis unit with a lot of shield drones is really hard to kill! So I won that game, but it was the only time I used him.

Ya I agreereally tough to kill...

My 1500 point lay out is farsight 4 xv8 body guards all of them have twin linked missile pods 1 of them has iridum armour 2+ and 2 shield drones and another xv8 with 2 sheild drone. This unit is usually unkillable.

Farsight being an invisible power weapon is great. retinue!!!!! :evilgrin:

I think he is actually one the best choice for the Tau makes player think twice before trying to come to close. also when people are not ready for a Tau assault Farsight comes in handy.

I have used him now to a very long extent and intend to use him as my main force (list) I find it more fun when I can actually do somthing in close combat. And the fact that his unit it tougher than many other units.

10 assault marines bring it on!!! only thing I won't fight with him and his unit is termy's with thunder hammer and storm shields. Bring me 30 orks and ill show you what farsight and friends can do :D

Vedar
18-03-2010, 23:09
If you can destroy other armies with Tau I salute you. I feel kinda bad playing against Tau as most of the time I table them playing either CSM, Eldar or Daemons.

jspyd3rx
18-03-2010, 23:20
Yea, same here. Above 1500, my speed freaks rape. Though I have never fought farsight and am always looking for a challenge.

Atrum Angelus
18-03-2010, 23:38
I use him regularly.
In the last tournament I ran him in, I came up against two Dark Angel players in a row and both games Farsight beat the tar out of Belial and in the first game kicked Azrael in the nuts. Third game was against orks... :D It was a good day for the greater good.

Thud
19-03-2010, 00:50
I haven't used my Tau army in years, but I plan to change that in the not too distant future, and when I do, I'll be using Farsight.

ehlijen
19-03-2010, 01:38
He's not bad. The only problem is the restrictions he puts on the army list. You can work with them at about 1.5k-1.75k but any higher and you're just forced to keep adding meat without spices.

I find he's best used on his own as a skirmisher or raider to focus as much attention on him as he can to let the rest of the army do its job. He might even survive if they roll well.

SandQueen
19-03-2010, 09:04
Ive gone against him a few times and he's a neat character. The downside that I can see though is that yes, he does hurt your choices in composition ALOT.

AUN'SHI
19-03-2010, 17:04
If you can destroy other armies with Tau I salute you. I feel kinda bad playing against Tau as most of the time I table them playing either CSM, Eldar or Daemons.

Nah don't feel bad:angel:. I use Tau and Dark angels mostly Tau and with my farsight set up I have won all my games except for 1 tie. And my gameing group is very competitive. Ill post my list up under the army list probably later when i get back from work.

IMO farsight is best used with his bodyguards as he has target lock. I find him to be a huge asset and ill explain. I usually use the missile pod units to kill off light vehicles (farsights body guards) and las cannon units while i use farsight plasma to kill off units ill be charging, gives me the ability to potentially charge 2 different targets. (you can only changre what you shoot at)

And having a unit that's really tough to kill means my ninja power weapon (st 5) run a bloody mess against anything that thinks the greater good can't fight in cc ;)

MetalGecko23
19-03-2010, 17:09
Nah don't feel bad. I use Tau and Dark angels mostly Tau and with my farsight set up I have won all my games except for 1 tie. And my gameing group is very competitive. Ill post my list up under the army list probably later when i get back from work.
Tau and Dark Angels? I didn't think anyone else but me ended up liking the two biggest FAILS in 40k.
Some how I don't feel so bad anymore......thank you. :)

Atrum Angelus
19-03-2010, 18:50
Tau and Dark Angels? I didn't think anyone else but me ended up liking the two biggest FAILS in 40k.
Some how I don't feel so bad anymore......thank you. :)

lol
That makes three of us then.
Though, I put my Dark Angels away in frustration after the last two new SM dex's. And after seeing the new BA's dex... *sigh*

AUN'SHI
22-03-2010, 18:53
lol
Though, I put my Dark Angels away in frustration after the last two new SM dex's. And after seeing the new BA's dex... *sigh*

I feel ya, Let me know what kind of army (dark angels) you put togeather. I got one ill list it hear cause it quick.

1500 pts
Belial- lightening claws in 1 termy unit

termy's - 1 chain fist and thier missile launcher don't remember the name sorry:angel:

termy's - 1 chain fist, 1 lightening claws, and thier missile launcher don't remember the name sorry:angel:

2 land raider i think its the crusader ( fits 12 people) assault cannons, super bolters :), multi meltas

tactical squad with las cannon

rhino for the tactical squad if they need to move

and a predator all las cannons

i get my far and my close. ive only played 3 games with them so far 2 wins and 1 tie (fought eldar, salamanders, and space wolves) I tied the space wolves.

Basically I can either stay back and hold points or move forward and capture points and I have low kill points (losses) that are pretty hard to kill.

MetalGecko23
22-03-2010, 19:38
lol
I second your "sigh".........*sigh*

I feel ya, Let me know what kind of army (dark angels) you put togeather. I got one ill list it hear cause it quick.
I run a half battle company so I was forced to jump ship and play "green space marines"..........I know its heresy..:(

AUN'SHI
22-03-2010, 21:11
I run a half battle company so I was forced to jump ship and play "green space marines"..........I know its heresy..

Nah not heresy understandable seeing how they are whats the best way to put this the hardest marines to win with next to deamon hunters and maybe black templars now I don't know anything abou tblack templars they may be the best for all I know just goin gwith the old dex.

Firmlog
22-03-2010, 21:28
I finally sold off my DA last year, 2500 pts of DW, 1500 pts of Ravenwing, and 1500 points of regular DA. I "GAVE" away my Tau army the previous year... lol

Don't get me wrong the new dex is ok for a combined RW/DW army with some soak DA units. I think what really killed it for me was the loss of 2 hvy weapons in Termy squads, Same with regular marines which is why I didn't use that Dex (I saw termy's as super elites and should have had better weapons show for it plus they were old models). I still had a pretty awesome win record when I sold them. Oh and the psychic powers :( .

I thought tau was fine, but I don't like crisis suits so I had a mostly FW hammerhead/Fish army. I didn't like how I painted them... mostly (I think). If I wanted to get into them again I could probably paint em up real fast with a better scheme. Maybe after I get done with my Orks, so never lol.

MetalGecko23
22-03-2010, 21:33
Nah not heresy understandable seeing how they are whats the best way to put this the hardest marines to win with next to deamon hunters and maybe black templars now I don't know anything abou tblack templars they may be the best for all I know just goin gwith the old dex.
The only reason I switched was so I could field a half company. Though I'm glad that you approve, so many don't.

AUN'SHI
22-03-2010, 22:10
The only reason I switched was so I could field a half company. Though I'm glad that you approve, so many don't.

What people didn't like what you were doing thats just rediculous... People should know the DA are an old dex and if you want to field them using the space marine dex and saying they are DA people should understand :wtf: (providing you use the SM rules of course). If they don't then don't play them imo.

If you ever played in my gameing group it would be cool with us :D