PDA

View Full Version : A choice of dwarfs?

madden
19-03-2010, 21:09
:confused:Hello ther i'm stuck at the moment in my choice of dwarfs and need general advice, my choices are 12 iron brakers with rune standard of mr and immune to fear/terror or 15 slayers with 3 giant slayers, and i can't decide which to use as they both cost similar points and do a similar job, please don't suggest both as the other spec slots are full and this is the last one.(the others are cannon/bolt throwers & hammers, all advice appreciated. Thanks.

pcgamer72
19-03-2010, 21:18
If it's between those two units exactly like that, I'd go with the Slayers. Ironbreakers will only have 1 rank and will not be able to last too long. Slayers are unbreakable and you have the 3 giant slayers.

S_A_T_S
19-03-2010, 21:29
Ditto Slayers, but it would help if you told us more about the makeup of your army and what foes you're planning to face. Slayers won't last long against elves as they'll use their bows to gain some easy victory points peppering the slayers with arrows. However, they are much better at holding your flank or stopping a monster/souped-up character.

I'd personally take slayers for all the reasons stated above, plus the fact that they're cooler than ironbreakers.

Dark14
19-03-2010, 21:32
ya you need more for the IB to be effective. They are the overall better choice but here take the slayers.

Alsharoth
20-03-2010, 12:07
ya you need more for the IB to be effective. They are the overall better choice but here take the slayers.
Same goes for all combat units in dwarfs.
IMHO its 20 or bust (evidence shoes that less then 20 and they will be bust in first round of combat.)

outbreak
22-03-2010, 02:20
20 ironbreakers with command would be much better then 15 slayers. Even without banner runes.

ChaosVC
22-03-2010, 02:50
Iron breakers are like walking tin cans and you need a lascannon to blow them up....or spam arrows and hope they roll 1s and 2s. Slayers are like a bunch of naked fanatics or berserkers with short stumpy legs... they don't get far if they try to charge and they get shot to pieces because their armpits hairs cannot deflect the most flimsy arrows your oponents can come out with.

Condottiere
22-03-2010, 07:48
I'd take Slayers, for the coolness factor, but I'd also be careful where I'd deploy them, to prevent them getting shot up too much.

KalEf
22-03-2010, 07:52
Iron breakers are like walking tin cans and you need a lascannon to blow them up....or spam arrows and hope they roll 1s and 2s. Slayers are like a bunch of naked fanatics or berserkers with short stumpy legs... they don't get far if they try to charge and they get shot to pieces because their armpits hairs cannot deflect the most flimsy arrows your oponents can come out with.

I'd take Slayers, for the coolness factor, but I'd also be careful where I'd deploy them, to prevent them getting shot up too much.

sadly, both of these statements are true :(